Lang Park

Friday
Night
19:00

Broncos

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sat there last night watching the post-game, they interviewed about 5 Bronco players in a row and tried to bait every single one of them into talking up Dolphins vs Broncos, then there were drilling Kevvie that hard in his presser I reckon one of them came up with oil (no click bait content though).

there was an article on Fox Sports saying that they all talked about the Dolphins clash "unprompted"

still trying to figure out what flegler or riki as someone pointed out was penalized for i still think it was flegs tackling to hard lol

5F44BC57 38A6 40D7 A81B 309737E2539C

He means the Broncos. The Broncos are the “deeper waters” for everyone in the NRL. We toy with you, then we drag you in to the deep and drown you.
Bye Bye Phins…

How funny is it sydney media saying how "huge" the dolphins are and everyone in brisbane is going on about them. Who the **** are they talking too in brisbane? Haha...

90% of the footy chat I've heard is **** ye broncos with a "and can't believe the dolphins won again" to finish the convo. Do they seriously think the dolphins threaten broncos popularity after 3 games?
50,000 sell out is BECAUSE of the broncos. They had a season opener against a top team in their first game and got 30,000. If they were playing the tigers this weekend they'd be lucky to get 20,000, and if they'd lost ANY of their games it'd be under 15,000. They've even got memberships for 1 game, the broncos game. It's why they got the 1st home game vs us, to build their crowds up and make out the fans are there for them and not us.
Their popularity is 90% dependent on us. Broncos win the premiership in the next few years and unless the dolphins do the same they won't be much ahead, if at all of the titans.

How funny is it sydney media saying how "huge" the dolphins are and everyone in brisbane is going on about them. Who the **** are they talking too in brisbane? Haha...

90% of the footy chat I've heard is **** ye broncos with a "and can't believe the dolphins won again" to finish the convo. Do they seriously think the dolphins threaten broncos popularity after 3 games?
50,000 sell out is BECAUSE of the broncos. They had a season opener against a top team in their first game and got 30,000. If they were playing the tigers this weekend they'd be lucky to get 20,000, and if they'd lost ANY of their games it'd be under 15,000. They've even got memberships for 1 game, the broncos game. It's why they got the 1st home game vs us, to build their crowds up and make out the fans are there for them and not us.
Their popularity is 90% dependent on us. Broncos win the premiership in the next few years and unless the dolphins do the same they won't be much ahead, if at all of the titans.

I bet the commentary about the crowd will be "The dolphins fans are packing out Suncorp", "the stands are heaving with chants of Fins up" and completly ignoring the Broncos fans except for shots of the "away" Bay.

I dunno, I live local to the dolphins and there’s a lot of people who only want to talk the fins up here.

they actually are surprised when I say “nah brah, broncos all day every day mate”

I dunno, I live local to the dolphins and there’s a lot of people who only want to talk the fins up here.

they actually are surprised when I say “nah brah, broncos all day every day mate”
So you live in Redcliffe not brisbane?

Brisbane I've spoken to 2 or 3 people who said they'd go for them and in my job I speak to dozens of people a day about footy

The Phins reportedly considering challenging Kaufusi's charge in a bid to get him cleared to face us.

I still can't understand this judiciary system. to go from a 3 week suspension to simply a fine boggles the mind.

The Phins reportedly considering challenging Kaufusi's charge in a bid to get him cleared to face us.

I still can't understand this judiciary system. to go from a 3 week suspension to simply a fine boggles the mind.

No way he gets off, he's blatantly gone in after initially going in and made contact to the head, if that's not intent I don't know what is.

Na, normal week. You don't want to play the game before the game...

People forget that if there is one person who can keep up with bennetts big game experience.

Part of 9 gfs as a player (1 as an unused sub, 1 as a captain)
Part of 20 origins as a player
Coached 12 origins
Part of another 2 gfs as an assistant coach

That's 43 BIG games, not including internationals

Bennett has coached in 10 gfs (1 as a co-coach).
And 12 origins (3 of them super league tri-series)

That's 22 BIG games not including internationals

And no, im not counting BRL days grand finals bcos while the standard was good judging by the players the pressure wouldn't even be half the above games....

I am not saying Walters is anywhere near bennetts experience levels. What I am saying is Walters big game experience and knowledge is nothing to be sneezed at.

I know, as does everyone, that Walter isn't the best coach. But the broncos are a different beast to every other club in the nrl and Walters knows how to manage that beast.

Just on this point. Has anyone figured out what 5th tackle penalty was for on him yet? Runs out, hits him hard in the ribs, quick ptb, no mention of off side, so wtf? Haha
After last night I think walters is a great coach. He's no mug this year. I honestly think the dolphins get dusted here. They were good against the Roosters but from what I've seen since, they have been very lucky to be where they are. Isaako and niu are both due for a few complacent errors which will give us some easy field position.

No way he gets off, he's blatantly gone in after initially going in and made contact to the head, if that's not intent I don't know what is.

Its the shot in the back they are pinging him for. I think they have got a fair chance of him getting the charge downgraded. You only have to go back and look at Suaalii's shot on CNK to see if, and thats a big if, the NRL are consistent, he was a grade one there is a very good case Kafusi's isnt as forceful as that shot he got the grade one for.

As i just mentioned, if the NRL are consistent he is getting downgraded as his shot is no worse than the Suaalii one from last week.

You just know Wayne is going to win this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unread

Active Now

• Hurrijo
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • Allo
  • Morkel
  • Broncosgirl
  • Organix
  • ThomasovPreaf
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.