NEWS Pre-season Challenge 2: vs COWBOYS, Sat Feb 18, 7:55pm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fo5wQPCX0AAKx 8

NRL Pre-season Challenge 2: COWBOYS - Feb 18, 7:55pm (Sunshine Coast)

Broadcast on Fox/Kayo only.

I've been a pro herbie at FB for a while, but there will be no unsetting Walsh- outside of some poor kick choices, he was perfect.

Keen to see how fit Arey and Capewell are.

I think we are a real chance of winning 3 or 4 from the opening 5 games if we look decent in this trial.
Yes, if Herbie is next in line for the throne this has to be his chance. If Kevvie doesn't name him there, that has to be his hopes and dreams dashed. Not sure if that's good or bad.

@1910
Mentioned it early last week . I would have expected Jock last week along side Ezra to see what they have got . But apparently in recovery from surgery .
He's been training with the squad for weeks, so he can't be far away:

So for this trial, I wonder if we might see:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Flegler (depending on concussion protocols)
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Taupau
16. Jensen
17. Te Kura

18. Piakura
19. Madden
20. Sailor
21. Smoothy
22. Palasia
23. Pereira
24. Bayliss-Brow

So for this trial, I wonder if we might see:

1. Farnworth
2. Oates
3. Staggs
4. Mariner
5. Cobbo
6. Mam
7. Reynolds
8. Haas
9. Walters
10. Flegler (depending on concussion protocols)
11. Capewell
12. Riki
13. Carrigan

14. Paix
15. Taupau
16. Jensen
17. Te Kura

18. Piakura
19. Madden
20. Sailor
21. Smoothy
22. Palasia
23. Pereira
24. Bayliss-Brow
That’s pretty close to full strength, I can’t see it happening for a trial.

Any of the older more experienced blokes (e.g. Reynolds, Capewell) will certainly be rested if there is any lingering doubts over their fitness.

Would be hugely unfair for Herbie to play fullback; he hasn't done a single second there in the pre-season. Sailor is the only option- he trains there.

And surely Cobbo a well right? Getting Cobbo and Herbie in at fullback also give Mariner a chance to shine again.

Would be hugely unfair for Herbie to play fullback; he hasn't done a single second there in the pre-season. Sailor is the only option- he trains there.

Well WTF goes on there at Red Hill ?
They say one thing , then do the opposite ?

Cpl months back Kevin was saying Herb , Selwyn , Tesi and Reece all prospective #1s .

Then sells Tesi , acquires Sailor , Doesn`t give Herb a run there at training . What about Selwyn ? Not trained at #1 either ?

Well WTF goes on there at Red Hill ?
They say one thing , then do the opposite ?

Cpl months back Kevin was saying Herb , Selwyn , Tesi and Reece all prospective #1s .

Then sells Tesi , acquires Sailor , Doesn`t give Herb a run there at training . What about Selwyn ? Not trained at #1 either ?
Once you've finished the chicken sandwich you're supposed to forget.

This is the biggest benefit to playing one of Herbie or Cobbo at Fullback this weekend, giving Mariner another game against quality opposition.

Totally agree but I would be given Cobbo the full 80 this week at fullback and putting Mariner on the wing for the full 80. Leave Herbie at center, where I believe he's best used and let him roam like Manu dose for the Roosters.

Form guide. We haven't won a trial against an NRL opponent since 2019.

Screenshot 2023 02 14 at 14 28 17 Broncos v Cowboys

side named

Interesting. Flegs I guess is HIA bit Cobbs at fb should be fun. Will be good to see Madden in Broncs colours for the first time and I suspect this will be a shoot out between Willison, Palasia, Piakura for the last bench spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Gaz
  • Galah
  • Robboi_321
  • Lurker
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Bucking Beads
  • Mightybroncs2k17
  • BroncosAlways
  • Wolfie
  • Broncosgirl
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Locky24
  • Dexter
  • Cavalo
  • Hurrijo
  • broncos4life
  • Sproj
  • Behind enemy lines
  • Battler
... and 7 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.