Pre-Season

Many changes from last season ?

Will Wayne revamp things totally ??

I hope wayne teaches glenn and gillett how to tackle at the very least. They are among the worst defenders in the NRL
Also teaching Dave Hala to play more than 10 minutes a game would be handy

I hope wayne teaches glenn and gillett how to tackle at the very least. They are among the worst defenders in the NRL
Also teaching Dave Hala to play more than 10 minutes a game would be handy

what?? Glenn is a decent defender..

what?? Glenn is a decent defender..

then why is he consistently up there with the most missed tackles for the team then? Put it this way, McCullough made pretty much twice the amount of tackles he did this year and missed 25 less.

I think, more importantly than individual improvement, we need a better defensive structure overall .... for the whole side.

Gillett and Glenn have been great defenders before, but seem to have lost their way a bit over the last couple of seasons.

Some quotes from a Joel Gould article on Parcell from Shane Walker:

"He'd have James Segeyaro covered for speed coming out of dummy half."

"I can't remember seeing a faster player out of dummy half, he's like lightning off the mark. He's a wonderfully talented player and he's been brought up well."

"Matty has got a great dummy and body swerve, and he can set play up. All the intricacies that make a good hooker, he's got."

"Condsidering the clubs interested in him, especially the Titans and Bulldogs, the bravest move was to take up the Brisbane offer."

"I don't want to death ride Andrew but he will know he has a competitor nipping at his heels."

Also.

Ipswich Jets and former PNG Kumuls forward Rod Griffin will do a pre-season with the Brisbane Broncos after an outstanding year in the Intrust Super Cup. Griffin 27 is another in a steady stream of Jets who have prospered under the coaching of Ben and Shane Walker at Ipswich. Tautalatasi Tasi (Bulldogs) Nathaniel Neale (Rabbitohs) Matt Parcell (Brisbane) and Lorenzo Ma'afu (Eels) are ex Jets to have recently secured NRL deals.

Last edited:
Can someone shed some light on Parcell? Haven't seen a lot of him.

Boys don't seem to get much of a break. Then again, if they had too much time off they'd probably go well slack and idle.

Plus us fulltime office slobs only get 4 weeks per year

Trial against Cowboys in Mackay confirmed. http://m.dailymercury.com.au/news/cowboys-and-broncos-set-play-mackay/2429115/

Last edited:
Grienke and Ofahengaue get an extra week and back on the 12th.

Grienke and Ofahengaue get an extra week and back on the 12th.

If players return next week and pass all testing, they will also get until the 16th off. Good inventive to stay in shape before training resumes.

Geez, some of our members here have the inside line on the club alright dont they...? :clap2:

According to Dobbo.

The Broncos training squad will be composed of 47 players.

10 of them are going through fitness tests today at Purtell Park.

Active Now

• BroncosFan_Corey
  • GCBRONCO
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Johnny92
  • Justwin
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Broncos Maestro
  • winslow_wong
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.