Pre-Season

According to Dobbo.

The Broncos training squad will be composed of 47 players.

10 of them are going through fitness tests today at Purtell Park.

...dont forget to mention that 23 of those 47 are vying to play Fullback for the club next season....! :laugh:

Only going off of Twitter but it appears Jack Reed & Darren Nicholls were amongst the ten or so who participated in today's first session.

We may see a story on Channel 9 so keep your eyes peeled.

Whilst we've been fretting over our starting fullback and props for next season, we've kinda neglected the Wing and Centre positions.. what do we think we're gonna start 2015 with?

2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley

I'm guessing that would be uncle Wayne's first choice.. obviously if Hoffman finds a home elsewhere we'll likely see a battle between Vidot, Kahu & Maranta for the left wing position.

Last edited:
According to Dobbo.

The Broncos training squad will be composed of 47 players.

10 of them are going through fitness tests today at Purtell Park.

Yeah the ISC guys and a few 20's came back today.

Hot day to start.

Whilst we've been fretting over our starting fullback and props for next season, we've kinda neglected the Wing and Centre positions.. what do we think we're gonna start 2015 with?

2. Hoffman
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Copley

I'm guessing that would be uncle Wayne's first choice.. obviously if Hoffman finds a home elsewhere we'll likely see a battle between Vidot, Kahu & Maranta for the left wing position.

Copley should be left centre but Reed is just the sort of bog ordinary player Bennett loves to have in the side. Hoffman is gone so scratch him off the list. Kahu a real chance at a wing spot IMO. Not sure how Bennett rates Vidot but I think he should be in the side as well.

Copley should be left centre but Reed is just the sort of bog ordinary player Bennett loves to have in the side. Hoffman is gone so scratch him off the list. Kahu a real chance at a wing spot IMO. Not sure how Bennett rates Vidot but I think he should be in the side as well.

Yeah I agree that Copley is clearly the best left centre we have, but whilst Reed is signed for 3 more seasons.. I can't see him going anywhere, maybe in a year or two time we can pawn him off on some other club, but not for next year.

Well you know there is a way to motivate Reed to move on so to speak, Bennett tells him in the off season they need him to play prop to increase the depth there and then have Hoffman tell him his a centre and he should demand that or ask for a release and we grant it, done and done.

Love when people say Bennett likes that Reed type player. He does, but he also likes the exact opposite too. Nobody here really knows but a few of you were adamant a while back that Reed, Lowrie and Stagg were certain for the 17

Love when people say Bennett likes that Reed type player. He does, but he also likes the exact opposite too. Nobody here really knows but a few of you were adamant a while back that Reed, Lowrie and Stagg were certain for the 17

Haha Good post and completely agree. The other one I loved is the belief that we were knocking on the premiership's door if only we have a change of coach. . . completely ignoring the fact that it's a given that an incoming coach will make changes and put their own stamp on things. Can't really have it both ways, folks. . .

I'd love to know who said Lowrie and Stagg would have a spot in the 17 next season under WB...

I'd love to know who said Lowrie and Stagg would have a spot in the 17 next season under WB...

I can't see how they get squeezed into the side but you never know with Wayne. Surely they are playing Q cup until Origin time.

A few people were claiming that he likes that type of player and they will definitely be there next year.

A few people were claiming that he likes that type of player and they will definitely be there next year.

I'd support that theory. Bennett loves his toilers, rewards "hard work".

8. Parker
10. Thaiday

11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Lowrie

14. Waddell
15. McGuire
16. Oates
17. A decent prop (well, apparently one that is a more solid option than Kennedy/Hannant) materialising from thin air between now and 1 March.

Active Now

• Fozz
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Footy Fanatic
  • Harry Sack
  • Broncosgirl
  • bb_gun
  • FACTHUNT
  • Allo
  • Robboi_321
  • Sproj
  • LittleDavey
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • winslow_wong
  • The True King
  • Shane Tronc
  • Foordy
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.