Pre-season

Where did Keenan say it?

Again I only saw Darius say it once and it was in reference to negative comments and how players need to find balance. Football can't be everything and it's a point a lot of senior players make. The reason why it gained any traction is because of how Fox framed it and because it's Darius.
Boyd said it multiple times.

And it shits me to tears everytime one of these ingrates says it. You'd never catch a storm player saying it. Broncos need an attitude shock

Boyd said it multiple times.

And it shits me to tears everytime one of these ingrates says it. You'd never catch a storm player saying it. Broncos need an attitude shock
Show me where else he said it and the context.

Last edited:
Show me where else he said it and the context.
He said it every game he played during seasons '19 & '20

Here he is saying it over and over again.

Just a game - he cannot play anymore
Images20 202020 12 22T212324139
Images20 202020 12 22T212342182
Images20 202020 12 22T212349485
Images20 202020 12 22T212355227

He's just doing his best to make the turf feel like his couch

Video from the main man Turps about pre-season. Talks about his mindset and learning to slow himself down, also working on kicking with Rich and Charlie from the Lions.

Hope his adjustment doesn't rob him of his intensity too much, as it's a big part of why he's effective.

Also the interviewer couldn't stop gushing over his physique, and honestly who can blame her

Video from the main man Turps about pre-season. Talks about his mindset and learning to slow himself down, also working on kicking with Rich and Charlie from the Lions.

Hope his adjustment doesn't rob him of his intensity too much, as it's a big part of why he's effective.

Also the interviewer couldn't stop gushing over his physique, and honestly who can blame her

That hair drives women crazy too.

Man I would be so conflicted about this. Tallis used to be my favourite player but I hate everything about him these days and he doesn’t deserve to just waltz back in.

On the positives I think he could teach the forwards some passion and aggression and the fact that Fifita signed with the Titans to be mentored by him (and play comfortable footy while swimming in cash) getting him out of the Titans would be delicious lol.
I didn't hear Fifita say he wanted to play comfortable football.

Not going to get through to them, mate. They simply don’t want to comprehend what Boyd said because he needs to be the bad guy no matter what. It’s ridiculous how wrong they are and how they continue to act like they’re right, embarrassing really. The context has been explained enough times for them to understand so at this point it’s basically a blatant lie to imply Boyd didn’t take the game seriously.
Hear hear. I just don't get it. I mean, how stupid does a person need to be to have something explained to them and then still think something else?

I didn't hear Fifita say he wanted to play comfortable football.
“You want to own things in life,” Gwen Fifita said.

“You want to own them while you can. He wants to pay my mortgage off so he can worry about himself and know mum is fine.

“He wants to play comfortable footy at a good club. The Broncos have been good to him but they … haven’t won for six games in a row.

“He got offered this money from the South Sydney Rabbitohs but the timing wasn’t right. That offer came too quick.

“Something like this has come up again. It can make or break somebody. It can make or break a club too.

“It has been very hard. I have been very emotional. It has hit me hard this morning. I see the frustration in his face.

“He wants to put this to bed but he just doesn’t know what to do. He can’t really talk to anyone from the club because obviously they want to keep him.

“He doesn’t trust many people either. He can’t really get any advice or support of other people, just his teammates.

“No one has told him what to do. They support him. At the end of the day he has to look after family. Family was there before footy came along.”

Last edited:
Spine wise, there is depth but you are probably right about the quality part.
1. Isaako/Niu/Arthars/Farnworth/Mead?
6. Milford/Croft/Gamble/Kelly
7. Dearden/Croft/Gamble/Paix
9. Macca/Turpin/Paix/Luke?

I guess Kevie has to find the right balance now.
Exactly, if the quality is barely at first grade standard then I'd argue it isn't really counted as depth.

“You want to own things in life,” Gwen Fifita said.

“You want to own them while you can. He wants to pay my mortgage off so he can worry about himself and know mum is fine.

“He wants to play comfortable footy at a good club. The Broncos have been good to him but they … haven’t won for six games in a row.

“He got offered this money from the South Sydney Rabbitohs but the timing wasn’t right. That offer came too quick.

“Something like this has come up again. It can make or break somebody. It can make or break a club too.

“It has been very hard. I have been very emotional. It has hit me hard this morning. I see the frustration in his face.

“He wants to put this to bed but he just doesn’t know what to do. He can’t really talk to anyone from the club because obviously they want to keep him.

“He doesn’t trust many people either. He can’t really get any advice or support of other people, just his teammates.

“No one has told him what to do. They support him. At the end of the day he has to look after family. Family was there before footy came along.”

Right. So, Fifita never said he wanted to 'play comfortable football'.

Someone else said what they thought Fifita wanted to do. Perhaps that person misrepresented Fifita inadvertently with a poor choice of words. It's possible she was trying to say 'David wants to be comfortable with his decision or new role'. Who knows.

I don't see value in attaching D Fifita to another person's botched communication attempt.

Right. So, Fifita never said he wanted to 'play comfortable football'.

Someone else said what they thought Fifita wanted to do. Perhaps that person misrepresented Fifita inadvertently with a poor choice of words. It's possible she was trying to say 'David wants to be comfortable with his decision or new role'. Who knows.

I don't see value in attaching D Fifita to another person's botched communication attempt.

If you are not comfortable with the inference, your mum can go and join the Titans forum as well.

If you are not comfortable with the inference, your mum can go and join the Titans forum as well.
**** you. Why should I leave my club just because some cockgobbler wants to attribute statements to a player that were never made? Probably be better if you corrected your errors, afterall that's the problem.

Spine wise, there is depth but you are probably right about the quality part.
1. Isaako/Niu/Arthars/Farnworth/Mead?
6. Milford/Croft/Gamble/Kelly
7. Dearden/Croft/Gamble/Paix
9. Macca/Turpin/Paix/Luke?

I guess Kevie has to find the right balance now.
Just sign Widdop for 300k for god sake. Even if he is just depth for 6 and 1 it’s a bargain.

Active Now

• Xzei
  • broncos4life
  • theshed
  • Bish
  • kman
  • Totally Unr3al
  • jd87
  • mrtij
  • bb_gun
  • The True King
  • BRC088
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.