Pre-season

I predict 4-5 wins first half of draw, 6-8 wins back end, maybe 10. I see us on 24 points come season end to just make the 8.

I predict 4-5 wins first half of draw, 6-8 wins back end, maybe 10. I see us on 24 points come season end to just make the 8.
I agree. I think we'll get back in the eight in 21 but 22 should be better still. Good times ahead.

Anyone seen the courier mail article that shows Coates meeting with Melbourne - apparently a 'double blow'.

What's the go??

Anyone seen the courier mail article that shows Coates meeting with Melbourne - apparently a 'double blow'.

What's the go??
Not surprising. It has long been speculated that Coates wants out of the shit show that Seibs and Co. created. As for Bellamy, he will always be affiliated with Melbourne.

Looks like we are about to get fucked in about 8 different directions..

Not even sure what you’re arguing here. He admitted to 8 violations for the use of CJC-1295 as well as trafficking it, which was dropped. It wasn’t specifically stated but the list does say athletes are prohibited from using anything that promotes growth hormone, therefore it was in fact illegal.

I wonder if he was tested when he lived in Phuket where you can buy steroids over the counter?
Retrospectively. It wasn’t a banned substance at the time he was administered it, with the full knowledge and blessing of his club... No surprise the ‘trafficking’ was dropped, he delivered the vials from Dank to the Penrith Club doctor on Penrith orders...

I am simply saying that if you had listened to the podcast he is interviewed on, there is a significant difference in his attitude compared to the voiced attitudes of our playing group. It was simply one example of one attitude of an outstanding work ethic and will to win versus one ‘it’s just a game’ attitude and work ethic.

Others raised the drug issue as if it were somehow relevant to that discussion...

What's the go??
He's a young off contract player ... everyone of them including the great one club players like Darren Lockyer and Cam Smith consider all options when off contract.

The fact that the has been done publicly is likely his managers idea to bend us over to get a bigger offer

The article even says he hasn't met Kev yet as he hasn't been required back at the club. I'm sure Kev can give him a far better impression of the club going forward.

We literally saw Jon in training videos didn’t we?

Coates is massively overhyped. Peace young fella

Retrospectively. It wasn’t a banned substance at the time he was administered it, with the full knowledge and blessing of his club... No surprise the ‘trafficking’ was dropped, he delivered the vials from Dank to the Penrith Club doctor on Penrith orders...

I am simply saying that if you had listened to the podcast he is interviewed on, there is a significant difference in his attitude compared to the voiced attitudes of our playing group. It was simply one example of one attitude of an outstanding work ethic and will to win versus one ‘it’s just a game’ attitude and work ethic.

Others raised the drug issue as if it were somehow relevant to that discussion...
It was a banned substance as it promotes growth hormone. I brought it up because people were talking about Boyd cheating on his wife whilst comparing him to players who cheated in rugby league

I mean, how stupid does a person need to be to have something explained to them and then still think something else?

Coates is massively overhyped. Peace young fella
He has good potential but I wouldn’t throw away silly money just to retain him. Especially if him going to the storm improves our odds of getting a decent storm hooker.

that being said I’m sure if he does go to storm he will be a freak for them but that’s just how it goes.

“You want to own things in life,” Gwen Fifita said.

“You want to own them while you can. He wants to pay my mortgage off so he can worry about himself and know mum is fine.

“He wants to play comfortable footy at a good club. The Broncos have been good to him but they … haven’t won for six games in a row.

“He got offered this money from the South Sydney Rabbitohs but the timing wasn’t right. That offer came too quick.

“Something like this has come up again. It can make or break somebody. It can make or break a club too.

“It has been very hard. I have been very emotional. It has hit me hard this morning. I see the frustration in his face.

“He wants to put this to bed but he just doesn’t know what to do. He can’t really talk to anyone from the club because obviously they want to keep him.

“He doesn’t trust many people either. He can’t really get any advice or support of other people, just his teammates.

“No one has told him what to do. They support him. At the end of the day he has to look after family. Family was there before footy came along.”

My biggest concern/takeaway from this was the comment that he didnt feel he could talk to, or trust anyone. That is a major issue as it would have a substantial impact on our recruitment/retention, particularly of young players.

Criticise WB as much as you like, but he knew players, and his players trusted him (which you could see with the origin win response). Players joined and stayed with teams for the WB factor because they trusted him.

I am hoping KW can build a similar relationship with our players. I think he has it in him as he is very likable and personable. Hopefully he and his coaching staff can put that together with good structures and performances and we start to see the broncos of old.

Active Now

• Shane Tronc
  • BroncoFan94
  • Fozz
  • BroncosAlways
  • Totally Unr3al
  • Xzei
  • theshed
  • Ghost of Vlansys
  • Harry Sack
  • Skyblues87
  • Lurker
  • broncos4life
  • Bish
  • kman
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.