Pre-season

I think we all expected this. Might even play some good games this year. He is vying for a new contract after all
Imagine being one of those clubs with a million dollar marquee player who can string together a handful of decent games in the same season!

He's mostly looking like a person who plays sport for a living which is an absolutely remarkable result by his usual standards.
It seems we’ve seen or heard the same thing for about the last 5 pre-seasons at least.

I think I’ll reserve my excitement for the business end of the season.

Last edited:
One thing of interest to me in that video is that Milf appeared on the right side of the halves a few times and at the back end of the video Dearden looked to be primarily on the left.

I think Milf could be much more effective on the right... he has a nice right foot step and I think he's most dangerous running from left to right... the game winning try against warriors a couple years back and a try he scored against dragons on the right a couple years back comes to mind.

Last year when he was waiting on the sweep he was often swarmed by the outside defender with not a lot of room to work with. A nice right foot step on the right side of the field gets him on the inside of those swarming defenders.

In the video I also noticed him popping up at first receiver and he threw a nice inside ball to Lodge close to the ruck which looked pretty good... one of those simple plays we've been hearing about.

I really hope to see our halves in at first receiver this year and linking with each other. Having Asiata will be nice, but no more of this pseudo halfback BS!!

Last edited:
What we got for our two million dollars (2019/2020):

‘Anthony Milford 2019, 2020 highlights - a short story.’
There were a few flashes of brilliance in there, kicks and steps - more than I remembered - but mostly it was stuff you'd expect to see from anyone who gets passed the ball that often.

What we got for our two million dollars (2019/2020):

That video builds onto what I posted just a couple minutes ago showing how effective Milford is running left to right vs right to left.

Running right to left (ie. left side of the ruck) has him kicking through the line. In that video I can't actually recall him breaking the line running from right to left.

On the other hand running from left to right there were barely any tries or try assists off kicks. It was all about Milf taking it to the line and passing for a try assist or stepping and going through them.

I am really hoping to see Milf on the right side of the field this year!!

Last edited:
Huge, has someone hacked your posts or are you on a low dose of valium, mate where is that self opinionated Huge we all like
Self opinionated? You have an opinion. You, yourSELF. Isn't everyone's opinion a self opinion?

Self opinionated? You have an opinion. You, yourSELF. Isn't everyone's opinion a self opinion?
Take it up with the editors at Macquarie matey, it's a perfectly cromulent word and apt to boot.
Self opinionated

Last edited:
I think Milford was push left to help his kicking game. At least that was what looks like from the outside.
If he plays right, dearden's (or croft for that matter) kicking game will need to improve.

I think Milford was push left to help his kicking game. At least that was what looks like from the outside.
If he plays right, dearden's (or croft for that matter) kicking game will need to improve.
Not sure... I have noticed the primary kicker is usually located on the right side if they're a right footed kicker (Cleary, Moses, Cronk, Pearce, Arey, etc.). Conversely Norman, Wighton, etc. sit on the left with their left foot kicking

Keary sits on the left, but Flanagan did all the kicking last year. SJ sits on the right even though Chad is probably the primary kicker, but that's probably carry over from his warriors days and it's where he's most effective so he should be staying there anyway.

The only player I can think of from recent time that really bucks the trend is JT, because Morgan sat on the right, but JT was definitely the primary kicker. In saying that JT played the traditional halfback role roaming either side of the ruck so he could just move himself to the correct side before his kick

Potentially they do this to get the kicker's foot away from the inside chasers (right foot kicker has markers coming from their left).

Also so they're not kicking back against the grain so to speak (ie. Milf getting it on the left side of the ruck, but wanting to kick to the right side of the field would have them kicking into the kick pressure) all but ensuring they're going to cop a shot after kicking, but also disrupting their ability to kick with forward momentum (don't want them running into the kick pressure to get their kick off).

Potentially Milf has just been playing left because Hunt was our halfback and primary kicker so he was on the right.

Last edited:
Take it up with the editors at Macquarie matey, it's a perfectly cromulent word and apt to boot.
View attachment 11249
Err, doesn't invalidate what I wrote. Opinionated is a better choice to describe me. As I've written hundreds and hundreds of times in the past, everyone is entitled to have strong opinions on things. Just because yours are frequently mindless doesn't make my opinions invalid and or incorrect.

Err, doesn't invalidate what I wrote. Opinionated is a better choice to describe me. As I've written hundreds and hundreds of times in the past, everyone is entitled to have strong opinions on things. Just because yours are frequently mindless doesn't make my opinions invalid and or incorrect.
Glad to see you can finally admit you made an error.

I beg to differ, conceited is an exceptional choice to describe someone who so frequently makes vaingloriously self-aggrandising posts, 'correcting' others where no error exists or 'clarifying' points neither disputed nor of interest to anyone, with no purpose in mind but to be a vehicle for displaying his vastly inflated sense of intellectual superiority. None of this contributes to the discussion at hand but here we are for the nth time, discussing your predilection for public intellectual masturbation masquerading as education.

Last edited:
I beg to differ, conceited is an exceptional choice to describe someone who so frequently makes vaingloriously self-aggrandising posts, 'correcting' others where no error exists or 'clarifying' points neither disputed nor of interest to anyone, with no purpose in mind but to be a vehicle for displaying his vastly inflated sense of intellectual superiority. None of this contributes to the discussion at hand but here we are for the nth time, discussing your predilection for public intellectual masturbation masquerading as education.
Without being able to see the OP, I already know who's wasting your time.

Click user name>Ignore. Thank me later.

I just noticed when knik was kicker (or any other player for that matter), they tended to be rushed in their kicks with late tackle rucks opening the the left side more so than the right but that might change.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Emanon
  • Mighty Bronx
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • broncoscope
  • Broncosgirl
  • Allo
  • Lostboy
  • Broncorob
  • NSW stables
  • PNG Broncos fan88
  • scobie
  • BroncoFan94
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.