Pre-Season

If the club thinks Mozer or Paix could be the answer I don't see how going to the market and paying top dollar helps us in the long run. Especially if we are buying that player as a stop gap.

We risk losing either of those players if we bring someone else in. Especially a younger player who is already an established hooker.

Mozer could burst onto the scene, you never know. If we show faith, he could end up being here long term. I for one am glad we are not panic buying.

The coaches boy is another non issue. He has minimal impact on the cap and the critique of him is harsh. My only issue is if the other two are impeded by him if they are outperforming him. Seeing as that has yet to happen I am not concerned.

Even those who think it's nepotism have conceded Billy was our best option but their argument to that is that he's the best option because Kevvie ensures that he's our best option, which for mine is one hell of a stretch and that's why the debate keeps on going around in circles, they don't have a name to drop that would be someone we could sign realistically, realistically being the key word. No I don't think signing a top 4 team's starting hooker is realistically going to happen.

Even those who think it's nepotism have conceded Billy was our best option but their argument to that is that he's the best option because Kevvie ensures that he's our best option, which for mine is one hell of a stretch and that's why the debate keeps on going around in circles, they don't have a name to drop that would be someone we could sign realistically, realistically being the key word. No I don't think signing a top 4 team's starting hooker is realistically going to happen.

While i dont think its nepotism with him getting into the team ( thats more down to him just getting a bit lucky and being very slightly above average in a position where our other options are just average ), he wouldnt be at the Broncos if Kevvie wasnt. In an ideal world all he is here is a 14 at best.

I never conceded that Billy is our best option for the record. I think Paix is our best option. I actually defended the Billy selection up until Paix started getting minutes I didn’t agree with and eventually dropped. Billy had the most missed tackles in our team and like 3rd most in the league yet played every single game he was available for despite other players getting dropped seemingly at random.

The reason the argument is circular is because people often misrepresent what the argument actually is which frustrates me into repeating myself like I’ve just done again.

Redcliffe is not Brisbane .
Neither is Clontarf . Sandgate ; yes .
Well it’s Brisbane of course, just like Logan is also Brisbane. league fans aren’t caring about council boundaries.

I think people will associate the Dophins with Brisbane. They wont be associating the Crushers with anywhere else but the Sunshine coast.

Regardless of what the NRL want, people will associate Redcliffe with Redcliffe, no amount of 'rebranding' will change that. It is like Auckland with the Warriors, Cronulla-Sutherland with the Sharks and Easts with the Roosters.

No one is associating the Dolphins with Brisbane, they are Redcliffe.

Regardless of what the NRL want, people will associate Redcliffe with Redcliffe, no amount of 'rebranding' will change that. It is like Auckland with the Warriors, Cronulla-Sutherland with the Sharks and Easts with the Roosters.

No one is associating the Dolphins with Brisbane, they are Redcliffe.

Nahh, they will be associated with Brisbane all day long. People like us in the area will know they arent exactly in Brisbane, but they are close enough that the wider RL world will associate them with Brisbane, especially after a few years. They are our closest rivals now so its obviously going to be called the Brisbane derby and that will get into peoples heads. The Moreton bay council ( not that we should be going on council zoning anyway ) say that Redcliffe is one of the earliest settlements in the Brisbane area. Myself, i just think that its its own area, i dont consider it Brisbane.

I think for the purposes of the point being initially made, it's safe to presume Robson's agent spoke to the Broncos and they expressed some interest. The more interesting word in "Brisbane expressing interest" is what "interest" means. There's asking "how much" like everyone is probably doing with Herbie out of curiosity, and there's going hard at him like the Titans did with Fifita. And there's giving it a decent crack like we did with Nicho Hynes.

That Badel never blew his bugle over it is a sign it probably wasn't a long conversation.

Nahh, they will be associated with Brisbane all day long. People like us in the area will know they arent exactly in Brisbane, but they are close enough that the wider RL world will associate them with Brisbane, especially after a few years. They are our closest rivals now so its obviously going to be called the Brisbane derby and that will get into peoples heads. The Moreton bay council ( not that we should be going on council zoning anyway ) say that Redcliffe is one of the earliest settlements in the Brisbane area. Myself, i just think that its its own area, i dont consider it Brisbane.

I've been following rugby league since I was a kid, and I only have the loosest idea of where places like St George, Canterbury, Manly, Cronulla, Parramatta, and Penrith are, except that they are 'somewhere in Sydney'. I expect it will be the same for the Dolphins when they are playing at Moreton Daily - 'that's somewhere in Brisbane...'

Because SEQ tends to have huge council areas compared to Sydney it's a weird comparison but I would include all of Moreton Bay council area part of Brisbane, as well as Logan and Ipswich, I wouldn't include Gold Coast though it's different enough to be considered it's own city rather than areas that are basically suburbia connected to Brisbane.

Brisbane stretches from Caboolture to the north, Beenleigh to the south, Ipswich to the west and Cleveland to the east. Council boundaries may suggest otherwise but these places are all part of the urban sprawl known as Brissy.

Unread

Active Now

• Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • BroncosAlways
  • Xzei
  • Foordy
  • Waynesaurus
  • Stix
  • Harry Sack
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Galah
  • Behold
  • sooticus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.