Pre-Season

Herbie was fantastic again for England.
I have no hesitation in saying he is currently our best centre at the club. I really hope he extends.
Staggs at his best is a brute, the best in the comp. Beats me what happened after he got dropped from Origin. He didn't get enough ball.

Staggs at his best is a brute, the best in the comp. Beats me what happened after he got dropped from Origin. He didn't get enough ball.

Ye I think people are forgetting how good staggs can be. When staggs is on form that try that farmworth scored is a weekly occurrence plus add in 1 or 2 other linebreaks from 40 metres out.
As Josh addo Carr has shown, fittler is a complete idiot. Staggs didn't have a good game but there's no way he should have been dropped. The good thing for us and staggs though is he can just focus on the broncos, and Tonga, now as fittler has blacklisted him.
People are forgetting that was the first season he has played more than 10 games (I think) for about 3 years. Of course he'd slow down as the season went on.

Ye I think people are forgetting how good staggs can be. When staggs is on form that try that farmworth scored is a weekly occurrence plus add in 1 or 2 other linebreaks from 40 metres out.
As Josh addo Carr has shown, fittler is a complete idiot. Staggs didn't have a good game but there's no way he should have been dropped. The good thing for us and staggs though is he can just focus on the broncos, and Tonga, now as fittler has blacklisted him.
People are forgetting that was the first season he has played more than 10 games (I think) for about 3 years. Of course he'd slow down as the season went on.

All good points and especially about origin. Crichton was AWFUL in all of his origin games yet got a free pass but Staggs, who was more than solid AND did his shoulder got scapegoated. If Staggs recovers well from his reco and Herbie comes back like he has at the WC, we have arguably the most frightening centre combo in the comp. Add in the metres of Cobbo, Oates and Herbie plus the class of Reece, well our back five has the potential to be scary good and honestly, our back five WAS scary good until Kotoni did his shoulder, Cobbo proved himself unready for top grade by getting knocked out and Herbie doing his pec.

sooked... for 3 months 🤔🤔🤔

I think it's more a consistency thing. What herbie does can be repeated week in week out. Run hard, run often and get involved. Staggs has more xfactor for sure. But it's not something that you can rely on week to week.

I think it's more a consistency thing. What herbie does can be repeated week in week out. Run hard, run often and get involved. Staggs has more xfactor for sure. But it's not something that you can rely on week to week.
Both players went through a purple patch this season. In my opinion Herbie was greatly improved on last year, and that was demonstrated on the scoreboard. I complained that if he was going to hit the ball up so much without looking to pass it, he should be scoring more. He answered that complaint by scoring more, and after becoming a universal meme began sharing the ball more. I don't have a problem with him now.

It's hard to compare them honestly when Herbie spent a big chunk of the season out with injury and, Kotoni, well I really don't know what happened in the second half of the season. At least part of it was him not getting passed the football, but others say he didn't go looking for it.

Lot of finger pointing going on after the way we crashed. Everyone has their own scapegoats. Kotoni isn't one of mine, but I understand why he's copping it.

Well Kevvie will be sacked soon enough and then we can all sook about how shit the next coach is 👍👍
I can't see him being sacked this season unless we're absolutely woeful AND we have a successor in place.

Active Now

• Browny
  • BroncosAlways
  • Brocko
  • Financeguy
  • Wolfie
  • Broncorob
  • davidp
  • Mustafur
  • Cavalo
  • Evander
  • Big Del
  • cento
  • Foordy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Justwin
  • Hoof Hearted
  • Astro
  • ChewThePhatt
  • thenry
... and 15 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.