Pre-Season

I think he had like 8 minutes there at the end of a game once due to injuries. We were getting flogged though and so he only had like 2 involvements. I feel like it was the dragons game in 2021 when Isaako got hooked

@Big Pete ?
I had completely forgotten about that brief cameo, that's amazing recall. I just remember the following week he was set to play fullback until Xavier Coates got injured in the warm up forcing a reshuffle that saw Niu conjure up a nice try in an otherwise forgettable game.

Otherwise I don't believe he played game at fullback for Norths or 20s. It is worth noting that he did come through the Burleigh system as a fullback but that's the extent.

I had completely forgotten about that brief cameo, that's amazing recall. I just remember the following week he was set to play fullback until Xavier Coates got injured in the warm up forcing a reshuffle that saw Niu conjure up a nice try in an otherwise forgettable game.
I feel like Darren Lockyer just complimented my kicking game 💕

I had forgotten about the reshuffle ☹️

Amazing how it worked out, based on a bit of individual brilliance Tesi jumped the queue in terms of fullbacks I feel.

I think he had like 8 minutes there at the end of a game once due to injuries. We were getting flogged though and so he only had like 2 involvements. I feel like it was the dragons game in 2021 when Isaako got hooked

@Big Pete ?
I think your right, it was only a very short cameo but he showed good signs with following up in support play every chance he got. The next game he was named to start at Fullback but Coates did his Hammy in the warm up and Herbie got shifted to the wing and tesi came in as fullback

speaking of Herbie ... Meyn has said that the Courier Mail can "confirm" that Walsh has won the fullback position and then started questioning Herbie's future with us.

although this confirmation isn't because of anything anyone from the club has said, just because Walsh has been training "exclusively" at fullback since the team returned from the Christmas break.

DD says:

“Herbie is a terrific player who’s really developed over the last few years,” he said.

“He’s coming into the peak of his game and we’d love to keep him, like we would all our players.

“He is a fine young man and had a great experience with England at the World Cup. He is great around the group and is set for a big year.

“He was a big loss last year when he went down injured. Coming back in, he will be like a new signing for the group given he missed half a season. We’re really looking forward to seeing what he does.

“There’s still a little bit to do around what the salary cap looks like and some uncertainty, but once we’re clear on that we’d love to start some discussions with Herbie and his management to keep him at the Broncos longer term.”

Herbie is a great centre, but I don't see him as a fullback. Walsh is our fullback and if Herbie is to complain about not getting a run then show him the door.

Otherwise I don't believe he played game at fullback for Norths or 20s. It is worth noting that he did come through the Burleigh system as a fullback but that's the extent.

Wing 24 games- 23 tries and 68 goals
Centre 1 game- 1 try and eight goals

Alot of us remember it because we have been screaming for him to play there for ages and in the tiny amount he played he showed he would be the type to be in just about everything.

Individual Brilliance is our motto.
I thought it was “Burn the boats…and the dock, and the harbour, and the crew and everything else within a 50 mile radius”

Herbie is a great centre, but I don't see him as a fullback. Walsh is our fullback and if Herbie is to complain about not getting a run then show him the door.
Herbie is the kind of player you definitely want to keep because he is driven and gets better consistently overtime, if or when he leaves I think we will regret it, I think we have been sleeping on him not giving him atleast some chances at 1.

Herbie is the kind of player you definitely want to keep because he is driven and gets better consistently overtime, if or when he leaves I think we will regret it, I think we have been sleeping on him not giving him atleast some chances at 1.

Be interesting to see if he gets some time at 1 in the trials.

I'd say that at a minimum Walsh, Cobbo and Herbie will spend time at fullback during the trials.

even in the Likely scenario that Walsh has won the fullback spot, he won't play every minute of all the trials
how many trials we actually doing?

how many trials we actually doing?

• Trial 1: Wynnum-Manly Seagulls v Broncos; Saturday, 4 Feb – Kougari Oval, Wynnum
  • Trial 2: Gold Coast Titans v Broncos; Sunday, 12 Feb; 7:05pm kick-off – Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana
  • Trial 3: Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys; Saturday, 18 February; 7:10pm kick-off – Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana

• Trial 1: Wynnum-Manly Seagulls v Broncos; Saturday, 4 Feb – Kougari Oval, Wynnum
  • Trial 2: Gold Coast Titans v Broncos; Sunday, 12 Feb; 7:05pm kick-off – Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana
  • Trial 3: Broncos v North Queensland Cowboys; Saturday, 18 February; 7:10pm kick-off – Sunshine Coast Stadium, Kawana
Going by that and what we did in previous seasons the first game will be the heavily rotated team with maybe a couple of starters but mostly players out of the top 30, the rest will be close to what we would use for round 1.

I doubt Herbie will get a chance at 1 but if it happens it would most likely be the first game.

Going by that and what we did in previous seasons the first game will be the heavily rotated team with maybe a couple of starters but mostly players out of the top 30, the rest will be close to what we would use for round 1.

I doubt Herbie will get a chance at 1 but if it happens it would be most likely be the first game.
I'm pretty sure he will. based on what we have done in the past i'm predicting (for fullback)

Trial 1: Sailor and Herbie or Cobbo
Trial 2: Walsh and Herbie or Cobbo
Trial 3: Walsh

Unread

Active Now

• Sproj
  • Harry Sack
  • lynx000
  • Manofoneway
  • Santa
  • Big Del
  • Bucking Beads
  • jarro65
  • FACTHUNT
  • BroncosAlways
  • Rambstien
  • mieko
  • Gaz
  • johnny plath
  • scobie
  • Adammacca
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.