Pre-Season

I wonder if all this is coming from Reynolds saying he was impressive in preseason. Also said Shalom was impressive.

I'm not a fan of players jumping straight into coaching roles by Reynolds has the temperament to be a good coach I feel, hopefully the club identifies that and sets up something.

I'm not a fan of players jumping straight into coaching roles by Reynolds has the temperament to be a good coach I feel, hopefully the club identifies that and sets up something.
Given what other players have already leaked it seems like he is basically like a player coach already, he has already said and likely it's part of his deal to be part of the coaching setup at the broncos post footy.

Given what other players have already leaked it seems like he is basically like a player coach already, he has already said and likely it's part of his deal to be part of the coaching setup at the broncos post footy.

Players who jump straight into coaching and end up coaching players they used to play with don't have a great record, maybe it would be different with Adam as he's clearly the leader within the group and by all reports is already doing a bit of coaching, so who knows.

Maybe he can spend a year or two as an assistant, all depends what he is looking for.

Players who jump straight into coaching and end up coaching players they used to play with don't have a great record, maybe it would be different with Adam as he's clearly the leader within the group and by all reports is already doing a bit of coaching, so who knows.

Maybe he can spend a year or two as an assistant, all depends what he is looking for.
I think it's a problem if they have been at the club for a long time(before they were a leadership figure in the team) with several players they will coach having played with them for several years, but Adam being put in as a leader from day 1 makes it a bit different.

The Nathan Brown example wouldn't apply to Reynolds in this case.

Meyn reckons Walsh has the number 1, after training there exclusively since Christmas, with Farnworth remaining at left centre. He raises the old chestnut that Herbie might **** off to another club if he's not made fullback, but it's not based on anything new. Hard to tell whether this fullback call is official or he's having a punt. Either way, he'll be right.

No suprises here.

Donuts:

“Herbie is a terrific player who’s really developed over the last few years. He’s coming into the peak of his game and we’d love to keep him, like we would all our players. He is a fine young man and had a great experience with England at the World Cup. He is great around the group and is set for a big year. He was a big loss last year when he went down injured. Coming back in, he will be like a new signing for the group given he missed half a season. We’re really looking forward to seeing what he does. "​
"There’s still a little bit to do around what the salary cap looks like and some uncertainty, but once we’re clear on that we’d love to start some discussions with Herbie and his management to keep him at the Broncos longer term.”​
Oates:
“The Broncos have been known for producing really good young talents. We’ve got a whole lot of them coming and a whole lot here right now. To be able to keep them all … you can’t say we will, but hopefully the boys that have been here for a little while get set in a city and feel comfortable with the players and club. It becomes a big family that’s pretty hard to leave when it’s a really tight group. Hopefully Herbie stays. It’s his career, I can’t tell him what to do."​
“He is going to be a massive talent if he keeps his head on. He’s done that well in the last 18 months with what’s gone on at the club and how the performances have been. He’s been a really big improver for us. He’s got a lot more to offer and he knows that. He’s working hard. The World Cup would have been a great experience for him. I’m really happy for him and how he went as an individual. He’s come back really confident and is talking more in the group huddles.”​

Has Farnworth been given a chance at FB? Can't remember him playing there, but I don't watch a lot.

Has Farnworth been given a chance at FB? Can't remember him playing there, but I don't watch a lot.
I think he had like 8 minutes there at the end of a game once due to injuries. We were getting flogged though and so he only had like 2 involvements. I feel like it was the dragons game in 2021 when Isaako got hooked

@Big Pete ?

I think he had like 8 minutes there at the end of a game once due to injuries. We were getting flogged though and so he only had like 2 involvements. I feel like it was the dragons game in 2021 when Isaako got hooked

@Big Pete ?
I mean he's an athlete, improving, fast and young, bigger than Walsh also, wouldn't be surprised if he makes an excellent FB.

I mean he's an athlete, improving, fast and young, bigger than Walsh also, wouldn't be surprised if he makes an excellent FB.
Yeah pure curiosity would love to see him have a crack. He has an amazing ability to break tackles and can do the odd freaky moment. Quick as too

I think herbie would be a weapon at fullback. His speed and agility could carve up through the middle off the back of forwards or wide of the ruck. Broken play would be blistering. Unfortunately in the current squad his best value is at centre.

If Herbie is our fullback it's going to take a bit of patience from the fans as we all know his passing game will be a work in progress.

Unread

Active Now

• theshed
  • Manofoneway
  • Gaz
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Alec
  • HarryAllan7
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.