Pre-Season

Kotoni played better in his stint for NSW than either of Crichton or Talakai. Crichton in particular was abysmal the whole origin series.

I honestly have never got the hype with Critchon. Sadly for Kotoni, i think his NSW days are done under the current regime because they seem to have this affinity for the Panthers players. I thought Kotoni wasnt any good either for NSW tbf, but Talakai and Critchton were no better.

Oh FFS ! Are you attempting to troll me ?
My last three posts you have quoted and tried to make me out a fool .

They gave him a chance . What happened after that ? He didn`t score tries or set them up . He was pretty average after his 1 game off after Origin .

Started slow . Had a few good games got selected for Origin . Did nothing in Origin , Had a game off , then went to shit for remainder of the season .

I doubt the NSW selectors would have picked him if he was playing like he was post Origin .

Nothing personal against Kotoni .When he is in good form I am a big fan . Unfortunately he just was not good enough last season . And like I have said several times recently . If he doesn`t lift his game substantially he should not be in 1st grade .

No actually I thought it was a valid point I was making, he made the Origin side so he couldn't have been going that badly, pretty sure he got injured in Origin and from there on in was carrying an injury

I get the sense that Walsh and Oatesy are going to have a field day on the left and Walsh and Mam are going to be a fun one-two punch through the middle in terms of support play. Put that with Reynold to Cobbo on the right, it could be a lot of fun to watch.

4 of our senior players have weighed in to the Walters coaching debate. as reported by Fox Sports:

Skipper, Adam Reynolds, Said:

“I know what ‘Kev’ delivers as a coach. I love Kev as a coach and as a person,” he said.

“He’s been terrific for me and has let me voice my opinions as well — we bounce ideas off each other.

“His coaching has gone to another level again this year. He’s really come back with a great attitude and he’s implementing his structures and systems on the team and he’s holding us accountable at training every day.

“I think it’s a real talent to be a sort of man manager because players are really drawn to those types of people and want to play for them.

“That’s one of the great qualities that Kev has got.”

Skipper-in-waiting, Patty Carrigan, said

“There’s obviously a lot of pieces that go into footy clubs and we play a big role in that as well, whether that be on the field or off it,” he said.

“I reckon at times we haven’t made it easy for the big fella, but we’ve got to wear that burden and he wears part of that burden too as the coach.

“Kev’s the man to do it. I love Kev, I’ve got a good relationship with him and I want to win a comp here so if Kev’s in charge then Kev’s in charge and that’s the plan.”

“Coaches coach different, there’s not 17 coaches in the NRL that coach the same way and his style will suit different players better,” the 25-year-old said.

“But at the end of the day we go out there on the field and Kev can’t play for us. If we can win footy games it speaks for his coaching and it speaks for what we’re doing at the club.

“I think Kev knows better than anyone that as a player and as a coach it (pressure) comes with the territory of being here at the club and you can’t change that.

“But we have faith in what Kev is doing here. If you win footy games everyone goes quiet so I think that’s the best way we can support him.”

“I think he’s a bit of a loving character and he becomes one of the boys — it feels like he’s one of your mates at times,” he smiled.

“I personally feel like whenever your mate is in the spotlight you want to be the first one there to support him.

“I think the best way we can support Kev is to day-in, day-out try to get better as a club and when it comes to the 80 minutes on the weekend, put in a good performance.

“He’s an emotional character and at the end of the day I think he loves us all like sons. If we can only give a little bit back to him and buy into what he’s doing here then I think we can go a long way.”

Corey Oates said:

“We’re on the field every week, we’re the performers, we get paid to perform and play,” he told foxsports.com.au.

“I’ve never criticised a coach for the way I perform or play — it’s just not the right thing to do or the right way to go about it. He isn’t out there, he can only prepare us to the best he possibly can.

“If he does his job then it’s up to us to do ours.”

Kotoni Staggs said

“With Kevvie, he takes a lot for us players,” he told foxsports.com.au.

“What he’s been through the last year or two, I think it’s us boys as a playing group that can fix it all. If we do our job right and we win games he doesn’t talked about or he doesn’t get put under the pump.

“It’s really up to us this year to make our mark on the NRL. Our club is a big club and gets a lot of attention, but we need to shut that out and let our footy do the talking to help Kevvie out.”.

I think it is more a reflection of Gamble and Cobbo TBH. We all know Kevvie isn't the greatest coach, but could be shaped into a good coach. Under the right guidance, Dognaughy and Ikin are surely pulling plenty of strings, and its the staff around him who need to be having a bigger impact.

I had a thought, hearing Bellamy was more "no" than yes, to an extension beyond this season, Is it too much to say there is something in the works to have him return to Broncos in 2024? Dreaming right.

I think it is more a reflection of Gamble and Cobbo TBH. We all know Kevvie isn't the greatest coach, but could be shaped into a good coach. Under the right guidance, Dognaughy and Ikin are surely pulling plenty of strings, and its the staff around him who need to be having a bigger impact.

I had a thought, hearing Bellamy was more "no" than yes, to an extension beyond this season, Is it too much to say there is something in the works to have him return to Broncos in 2024? Dreaming right.

Bellamy to the Broncos again?

True Detective Time GIF

The thing with Kev that will give every fan hope, everyone at the club loves the bloke. They all want to run head first into a brick wall for him, he just needs to get his actual coaching side of it right and if he can do that, there's no reason he can't take us a long way.

Someone like Seibold on the other hand, I don't think he ever had the respect of the playing group.

The thing with Kev that will give every fan hope, everyone at the club loves the bloke. They all want to run head first into a brick wall for him, he just needs to get his actual coaching side of it right and if he can do that, there's no reason he can't take us a long way.

Someone like Seibold on the other hand, I don't think he ever had the respect of the playing group.

I reckon if Seibold ever did have the playing group, which was an uphill battle given what happened with Bennett anyway, as soon as he squealed, I reckon he lost whoever was on board and then coming in as big man on campus in a team full of guys with over inflated egos, it was never going to work.

I reckon if Seibold ever did have the playing group, which was an uphill battle given what happened with Bennett anyway, as soon as he squealed, I reckon he lost whoever was on board and then coming in as big man on campus in a team full of guys with over inflated egos, it was never going to work.

From what i'm aware of, they were all 100% behind Seibold from the start. He lost them as time went on because they just didnt get him and couldnt get their heads around his gameplan. He made everything to complicated.

From what i'm aware of, they were all 100% behind Seibold from the start. He lost them as time went on because they just didnt get him and couldnt get their heads around his gameplan. He made everything to complicated.
I don’t think any of them would admit they weren’t behind him from the get go out loud.

But I know for a fact he lost them because of two reasons. One being the way he coached.

I don’t think any of them would admit they weren’t behind him from the get go out loud.

But I know for a fact he lost them because of two reasons. One being the way he coached.
His coaching wasn’t particularly clear. Tried to be to clever for his own good.

All this talk of Seibold…

I heard the “face of the players” in the CBA war is “Harvard educated Christian Welch” and that he apparently did a unit there in negotiation.

If he’s anything like another “Harvard educated” NRL identity, the players are absolutely fucked at the negotiation table.

Active Now

• Stix
  • jd87
  • Johnny92
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Battler
  • Mustafur
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Fitzy
  • GCBRONCO
  • Sproj
  • Organix
  • Culhwch
  • Morkel
  • BRC088
  • BroncosAlways
  • Bish
  • FACTHUNT
  • bazza
  • big k
  • RolledOates
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.