Pre-Season

Don’t know anything about Tyson Smoothy but when I watched his interview the word that came to mind was - bland! It did not get any better when I learned he’d been rejected by the storm. We’ve already tried two hookers that have been dumped by them and both have been fairly underwhelming. Not sure why the club wants to persist.

Hope he proves me wrong though.
I agree, his interview was boring and he has literally no personality

Don’t know anything about Tyson Smoothy but when I watched his interview the word that came to mind was - bland! It did not get any better when I learned he’d been rejected by the storm. We’ve already tried two hookers that have been dumped by them and both have been fairly underwhelming. Not sure why the club wants to persist.

did he get rejected by the Storm ... or did he leave for a better opportunity (there is a difference)

He was never taking that starting spot at the Storm, since they have the best hooker in the game

Well Willison seems mobile enough to do it, I would love for us to figure some way to fit him in from round 1, he has something special about him.
Totally agree with this but given he underwent complete shoulder fix up, will he be good to go @NRL with fully fit?

I know we haven’t seen the full extent of his ability but he seems to me as someone whom we should hold on for long just like Herbie 🤞.

This is disappointing, good interview skills are one of the key components to playing dummy half.

080789BF 028F 4F7B 890B 5677ACFABA75

did he get rejected by the Storm ... or did he leave for a better opportunity (there is a difference)

He was never taking that starting spot at the Storm, since they have the best hooker in the game

He was only at the Storm for four weeks doing a pre-season and injuries happened and he got six months and four games when Grant got injured and you could use extended squads in 21.

He was Storm free last season. He rejected Penrith in 2020.

Sailor looking like a decent upgrade on Niu too. There’s another upgrade on display too but I won’t mention that one.

Its so difficult to tell in games like this how they are going. Wynnum have been terrible. No discipline and poor ball handling. I dont think anyone for us has stood out tbh, but they have all just done their jobs and thats all they can really ask from them.

I’m not sure what his name is but I’ve been impressed with the little that I’ve seen from the 13 today

O'Ofou i think

This is disappointing, good interview skills are one of the key components to playing dummy half.
Not wrong, when we are working it out of our half, we need someone who can let the commentators know we are going to kick on the last instead of run it. Could make the difference to making the eight or not.

Sailor looking like a decent upgrade on Niu too. There’s another upgrade on display too but I won’t mention that one.
Yeah, obviously not reading too much into it but he has a lot of skills that Niu just doesn’t possess. I don’t think he’s going to give the 17 a shake but he has potential. It probably says more about how I feel about Niu than Sailor.

As for Smoothey, I went back and watched every game of his I could and he is very consistent. I think what he showed today, although against a poor opponent, is pretty on par with what he generally does. Crisp, flat passing right on the advantage line. Giving his halves space. No real speed or spark but just consistent death by 1000 cuts approach.

Obviously not even within the same ball park but his effortless and relaxed approach is similar to the way Cam played.

Yeah, obviously not reading too much into it but he has a lot of skills that Niu just doesn’t possess. I don’t think he’s going to give the 17 a shake but he has potential. It probably says more about how I feel about Niu than Sailor.

As for Smoothey, I went back and watched every game of his I could and he is very consistent. I think what he showed today, although against a poor opponent, is pretty on par with what he generally does. Crisp, flat passing right on the advantage line. Giving his halves space. No real speed or spark but just consistent death by 1000 cuts approach.

Obviously not even within the same ball park but his effortless and relaxed approach is similar to the way Cam played.

Yep, I’ll be very happy if he is announced as part of the 30 some time this week.

Yep, I’ll be very happy if he is announced as part of the 30 some time this week.
Yeah, and while I think neither are great long term options, I actually think Smoothy starting and Walters doing his actual role of bench utility who fills in at hooked for 20-30 minutes mid game would be a fine combination,

Personally I’d prefer Paix have the 14 over Walters but Walters being picked was never my issue - it’s the way he’s being used.

Yeah, and while I think neither are great long term options, I actually think Smoothy starting and Walters doing his actual role of bench utility who fills in at hooked for 30-30 minutes mid game would be a fine combination,

Personally I’d prefer Paix have the 14 over Walters but Walters being picked was never my issue - it’s the way he’s being used.

Don't discount Paix, he's a bit of a forgotten man.

Yes, his rolling momentum reminds me of Smith too. It's what I've been ranting about for years.

Don't discount Paix, he's a bit of a forgotten man.
I haven’t discount Paix - I just said I would prefer Smoothy and Paix over Walters. I’ve just accepted that Walters is in the team wether I like it or not.

Do you guys think we will see logan bayliss-brow in the NRL this year? he looks like he has got a bit about him

We'll see him during the Origin period when we lose Haas and possibly Flegler.

Active Now

• Browny
  • BroncsNBundy
  • Jedhead
  • RolledOates
  • phoenix
  • Foordy
  • NSW stables
  • sooticus
  • Mr Fourex
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncorob
  • HarryAllan7
  • Strop
  • Rowdy124
  • Sproj
  • Manofoneway
... and 2 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.