Pre-Season

Train and trials are in on the 7th November.
Guess we’ll find out how many of these rumours are true in a few days.

Max Plath: confirmed train & trial.
Daejarn Asi: rumoured train & trial. (source The League Scene)
Jack Ahearn: rumoured train & trial. (source @Lockysillegitimatechild)
Ben Marschke: rumoured interest. (source @Accept)
Tyler Coburn: rumoured train and trial (source @11910 )

Guess we’ll find out how many of these rumours are true in a few days.

Max Plath: confirmed train & trial.
Daejarn Asi: rumoured train & trial. (source The League Scene)
Jack Ahearn: rumoured train & trial. (source @Lockysillegitimatechild)
Ben Marschke: rumoured interest. (source @Accept)
Tyler Coburn: rumoured train and trial (source @11910 )

Ahearn and Coburn are definite.

Anyone else starting to think that Smoothy might be a train and trial player? Seems a bit odd how long we have waited for any kind of announcement as well as the fact not to many clubs run around with 4 hookers. I guess the fact that one of them has heaps of versatility and another is 18 and not physically up to scratch might be reason enough to go with 4. But I am starting to become skeptical he has a top 30 spot.

Anyone else starting to think that Smoothy might be a train and trial player? Seems a bit odd how long we have waited for any kind of announcement as well as the fact not to many clubs run around with 4 hookers. I guess the fact that one of them has heaps of versatility and another is 18 and not physically up to scratch might be reason enough to go with 4. But I am starting to become skeptical he has a top 30 spot.

I can't say I'm optimistic about his chances. I hope we give him a chance because I think he could be a pretty handy option, but I don't think he's going to be anything more than just a train and trial.

It will hopefully at least create competition for the role and give Walters and Paix that extra incentive to perform knowing there's someone else there looking for the opportunity.

But like I said, I'm not optimistic.

full time contract was in the courier mail

I believe the Sunshine Coast boss also revealed it. IIRC, due to him leaving the club. And I doubt he'd need to leave his ISC team for a train and trial.

Having said that he never appears on 2023 squad lists, whether they are on fox Sports, nrl.com or even the courier mail

Whoever's been in charge of punching out roster press releases has been asleep at the wheel for months. You hear about signings from just about everyone else first.

The Falcons announced it over a month ago:

ScreenScreenshot 2022 10 28 at 14 07 14 SC Falcons

Travis Meyn put it to press the next day:

Even Wikipedia:

It’s on the Internet and the Interwebs is never wrong.

Jock Madden:

“My goal is to come here and play first grade. The Broncos have good halves in Reynolds and Ezra Mam, but I think I can learn a lot from the club’s past playmakers such as ‘Kevvie’ Walters, Allan Langer, Ben Ikin and Darren Lockyer. Those four guys all played in the halves and are still around the club and if I can go to the Broncos and learn as much as I can from those guys, it will be massive for my game."​
“I didn’t sign with the Broncos just to be a back up and play Queensland Cup. I have come here to play first grade and I’d love to be in the starting side week in, week out. To do that, I know I have to work hard, so I am keen to rip in this pre-season and I’m looking forward to the year ahead.”​
“The Broncos are such a massive club, it’s had so much success and Adam Reynolds has done everything in the game. To learn from him is going to help my game and I can’t wait to pick the brain of a legend like ‘Alfie’ Langer. Reyno’s leadership is one asset, but he has such a great kicking game. He just looks like a winner. Everywhere he goes, he gets results. At Souths, he got them to a premiership and he had a great first season with the Broncos."​
“I played both five-eighth and halfback at the Tigers. Preferably, halfback is my position and after ‘Reyno’ retires, who knows what can happen, so I will be doing my best to impress.”​

Madden’s manager Chris Orr:
“Jock is an extremely talented kid. He had an option to join the Panthers but after meeting with Kevin Walters, he felt the Broncos were the right fit.”​

A few lols in there. What is he going to learn from Locky? Poor administration skills?

Also had an option for the Panthers did he? and he wants to play first grade week in, week out?

He's good depth though.

A few lols in there. What is he going to learn from Locky? Poor administration skills?

Also had an option for the Panthers did he? and he wants to play first grade week in, week out?

He's good depth though.
For the 2 years he's signed I wouldn't say he's much more likely to get first grade here. Cleary gets injured a bit and is a rep mainstay so he would have got similar time but obviously we're more appealing with the Penrtih halves being set for the next decade.

Coming to learn off Reynolds, I believe. I seriously hope he can just be a reliable week in week out 7 so we don't go back to 2 decades of having useless halfbacks (minus a few Shane Perry months and Wallace dual testicle years) after Reynolds retires, which could be end of next year.

He's good depth though.
He is actually quite an impressive athlete, all his testing is really high level. He will 100% push Mam, which is a great thing to have at the club.

He is actually quite an impressive athlete, all his testing is really high level. He will 100% push Mam, which is a great thing to have at the club.
How has Mam gone in regards to training standards etc?

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • Mustafur
  • Organix
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.