Pre-Season

He seemed to suit the Maguire system just fine, probably because it's similar to the Bellamy system and Craig brought him in after Billy came through the ranks the hard way.
excuse number 61 c ………subsection 2.4

ok mate.

By “the hard way” you mean he had to compete with a majority of players who far exceeded his ability?
Got passed over and ended up with an NRL contract at Melbourne while those players had been chewed up and spat out.

Got passed over and ended up with an NRL contract at Melbourne while those players had been chewed up and spat out.
Not being a dick but do you think the fact he was able to persevere so long was partly due to his dad being in a better financial position than the average rugby league parent and the storm coach being a good mate and ex colleague of his dad?

Not saying he didn’t bust his ass but there are plenty of players who didn’t get a fraction of the advantages Billy had and he still barely scraped a liveable income until his dad hired him at 27

Sorry, I gave in to the urge.

Not being a dick but do you think the fact he was able to persevere so long was partly due to his dad being in a better financial position than the average rugby league parent and the storm coach being a good mate and ex colleague of his dad?

Not saying he didn’t bust his ass but there are plenty of players who didn’t get a fraction of the advantages Billy had and he still barely scraped a liveable income until his dad hired him at 27
Plenty of players have successful upbringings, few were turning heads like Billy was when Bellamy made the approach. It wasn't a charity offer, he was a stand-out in QCup and deserved an opportunity. If it all came down to Kev, Billy would have been a package deal with Jack.

Sorry, I gave in to the urge.
Along these lines how would you rate him beside Cooper Johns, Sam Walker or Nathan Cleary?

Bit of a dog move by Turpin to bad mouth Walters considering kevvies biggest selection error last year was continuing to pick Turpin.

Walters may have told him to tackle his heart out and coached out some attack from him but piss weak to blame him for his demise. His best attribute was his effort and intensity, how did Walters coach that out? Did he tell him to take his 3 or 4 runs at the complete wrong times, give poor service and pick the wrong options? I doubt it...

I know Jake personally, and the club told him at the end of 2021 he wasn't wanted at the club and wouldnt have been here in 2022 if he didnt have a player option. I think his effort was there, but i could see how it could effect his intensity. Must be hard to get yourself up to play for a club that has pretty much said you arent wanted.

Cant say i've ever heard him bad mouth Kevvie though tbf. When i think about it, i dont think i've heard much positive or negative. I heard from somebody else they thought Kevvie was a bit like Seibold in a way where he couldnt get his idea's across very well.

I know Jake personally, and the club told him at the end of 2021 he wasn't wanted at the club and wouldnt have been here in 2022 if he didnt have a player option. I think his effort was there, but i could see how it could effect his intensity. Must be hard to get yourself up to play for a club that has pretty much said you arent wanted.

Cant say i've ever heard him bad mouth Kevvie though tbf. When i think about it, i dont think i've heard much positive or negative. I heard from somebody else they thought Kevvie was a bit like Seibold in a way where he couldnt get his idea's across very well.
Your source has seen a Walters press conference I see

Your source has seen a Walters press conference I see
Its actually odd, because when he was a coach here the issue wasnt there. Its only when he came back as a head coach it started happening. And things like him telling players they needed to work on things in their game, but never actually telling them what it was they needed to work on.

Thx mate, somewhat from the horse’s mouth. Appreciated.

Its actually odd, because when he was a coach here the issue wasnt there. Its only when he came back as a head coach it started happening. And things like him telling players they needed to work on things in their game, but never actually telling them what it was they needed to work on.
Lol this works so welll with my theory of a genetic deficiency.

Sounds like poor organisation skills. Might intend to sit down and chat with them about it in detail later but never actually does it.

Would explain why the club’s second best 5/8 of all time and current head coach never got around to chatting with the most promising young 5/8 in the system.

Sounds like poor organisation skills. Might intend to sit down and chat with them about it in detail later but never actually does it.

Would explain why the club’s second best 5/8 of all time and current head coach never got around to chatting with the most promising young 5/8 in the system.

I'm hoping the changes in personnel might help him out a bit more. More structure and better assistants might get more out of him.

So what's the excuse for 2021 then? 2020 he had excuse number 61c subsection 2.2 - a long term injury albeit not a torn ACL but 2021 he was clearly not the player some on here paraded him as.

Has a chance now at the Roosters. Fingers crossed that he takes his opportunity and plays well for them but I can't see him getting too many opportunities with B. Smith starting and the players coming through.

So what's the excuse for 2021 then? 2020 he had excuse number 61c subsection 2.2 - a long term injury albeit not a torn ACL but 2021 he was clearly not the player some on here paraded him as.

Has a chance now at the Roosters. Fingers crossed that he takes his opportunity and plays well for them but I can't see him getting too many opportunities with B. Smith starting and the players coming through.

I dont think his effort has ever been in question has it? His form is a different argument totally. I dont think he's played well for a long time but even after being told he wasnt wanted i couldnt honestly say he was coasting through games and not putting in. He just wasnt very good.

I dont think his effort has ever been in question has it? His form is a different argument totally. I dont think he's played well for a long time but even after being told he wasnt wanted i couldnt honestly say he was coasting through games and not putting in. He just wasnt very good.
No, just his intensity apparently. However it clearly wasn't there for the majority of 2021 either so I'd have to imagine there's more to it than that feeling he had at the end of 2021 for him to drop off.

No, just his intensity apparently. However it clearly wasn't there for the majority of 2021 either so I'd have to imagine there's more to it than that feeling he had at the end of 2021 for him to drop off.
It’s because 2021 was the year the master plan to bring his replacement to the club was orchestrated. Stupid question bp. You used to be a much better poster.

If you saw that, why didn't his coach?

What about favouring his son over Cory Paix? And not dumping Tesi Niu before round one? And best not discuss the bench.
Tesi was injured during preseason .
Jaamayne played #1 in Rnd 1

Unread

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • Morkel
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Fitzy
  • I bleed Maroon
  • winslow_wong
  • Galah
  • ivanhungryjak
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.