Pre-Season

No, just his intensity apparently. However it clearly wasn't there for the majority of 2021 either so I'd have to imagine there's more to it than that feeling he had at the end of 2021 for him to drop off.

I'm not even convinced he lacked intensity, i just said i could see how it could effect him. His form and limitations just started to show. I think once people got past his effort and big hits in defence there wasnt much else to his game. As i've said a lot, he got hyped up because he wasnt Andrew McCullough, people wanted a change. Hand on heart though i could never say he didnt give his all in a Broncos shirt, he just wasnt a good enough player in the end and thats not really anything to do with his effort or his intensity.

You would have seen him in Queensland Cup. His game has always been based on effort, he's never really had the tools to be a good, starting hooker in the NRL. Look at him at Redcliffe, he shared the role with Pratt and there really wasnt much to choose between them.

If you saw that, why didn't his coach?

What about favouring his son over Cory Paix? And not dumping Tesi Niu before round one? And best not discuss the bench.
No. Persisting with picking Turpin was without a doubt the biggest error this year. Last year and the year before it wouldnt have been, but even the staunchest Turpin fan/B walters hater cannot deny Turpin's form was atrocious for most of this year

Bit of a dog move by Turpin to bad mouth Walters considering kevvies biggest selection error last year was continuing to pick Turpin.

Walters may have told him to tackle his heart out and coached out some attack from him but piss weak to blame him for his demise. His best attribute was his effort and intensity, how did Walters coach that out? Did he tell him to take his 3 or 4 runs at the complete wrong times, give poor service and pick the wrong options? I doubt it...
I don't believe I said he blamed him for his demise. Read what I said again.

So if the 23 year old Tyson Smoothy really has been relegated to a development contract, that must mean Blake Mozer is only one injury/sniffle away from his NRL debut. If Corey Paix or the coach's son has to miss a game we might finally get to see our premiership hooker.
are we sure this isn't just a stop gap till the cap is sorted for next season?

Roosters did the same thing with Lodge until they know what the cap is.

Jordan Pereira:

“We have two Queensland Origin wingers, in Cobbo and Oates, and I can’t play any other positions, so I will take the opportunity of this pre-season. I’m going up against two of the best wingers in the competition every day at training, so I am learning from them and seeing what they do that got them there. It’s great for me. I’m in a great environment, I’m a big fan of this club and when I do get my opportunity, the coaches show confidence in me and with that you believe in yourself. The coaches like the energy I bring and I am trying to bring that again this year.”​
This the kind of level headedness we need in our players. Humbleness & gratitude with combination of work ethic, discipline will take our players to places.
All right things being spoken lets our purple patch dominance begin.

are we sure this isn't just a stop gap till the cap is sorted for next season?

Roosters did the same thing with Lodge until they know what the cap is.
No. The "Walters system" requires his son controlling the football. Billy will be installed at 9. There will be no challengers.

That's no longer a fringe lunatic theory. It's the way it's rolling out.

It's plain that Kevvie and Billy are a father and son team. Like Ivan and Nathan. If it works out, then great. If not, Kevvie must get the axe.

a

No. The "Walters system" requires his son controlling the football. Billy will be installed at 9. There will be no challengers.

That's no longer a fringe lunatic theory. It's the way it's rolling out.

It's plain that Kevvie and Billy are a father and son team. Like Ivan and Nathan. If it works out, then great. If not, Kevvie must get the axe.
You are so deluded🤣. Our team revolves around Reynolds, Reynolds is the centre of our attack. Billy Walters doesn't control the game, he's a hooker so he has a role in the team dictating play.

You are so deluded🤣. Our team revolves around Reynolds, Reynolds is the centre of our attack. Billy Walters doesn't control the game, he's a hooker so he has a role in the team dictating play.
The dummy half handles the ball more than any other player. Reynolds doesn't get it unless Billy sends it his way. He might instead turn it back to Payne and watch him run up and do nothing with it. The hooker is also usually the first line of defence. This is why we talk endlessly about this position. It's a critical part of the spine, not somewhere to chuck your bargain basement player.

Everything points to Kevvie feathering the nest for his son here. As @Big Pete pointed out: Billy fits better with Kevvie's "system." That's because he is the system.

I'm starting to worry Blake might get chewed up and spat out the way Tom Dearden did.

The lunatic fringe theorist that has never seen Mozer or Smoothy play and has no idea.
I've seen both, so that's a pretty misguided attempt to discredit me - if I'm the target here. If you're a Billy fanboy, that's also fine. It will make this season a heck of a lot more bearable. You'll have to excuse me: I'm not quite there yet. I'm actually quite shocked at how this is all panning out. I really thought the Billy experiment was a stopgap, not the endgame.

Want to disagree? We're told Reece, Herbie, Selwyn and Tesi are competing for the 1 jersey in Round 1. And that competition is healthy. Who is competing with bargain basement Billy for 9?

I've seen both, so that's a pretty misguided attempt to discredit me - if I'm the target here. If you're a Billy fanboy, that's also fine. It will make this season a heck of a lot more bearable. You'll have to excuse me: I'm not quite there yet. I'm actually quite shocked at how this is all panning out. I really thought the Billy experiment was a stopgap, not the endgame.

Want to disagree? We're told Reece, Herbie, Selwyn and Tesi are competing for the 1 jersey in Round 1. And that competition is healthy. Who is competing with bargain basement Billy for 9?
I’ve heard Billy has some healthy competition for the dummy half role with Jack at the Walters Christmas backyard touch comp

Wasn`t Payne one of the fastest in the squad over 30 M ?

221122 training 090

Who are the little kids in the background.

Active Now

• Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Mustafur
  • Broncosgirl
  • Broncorob
  • KateBroncos1812
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.