Pre-Season

R5  8283

Looks like Albert Kelly in the background

No. The "Walters system" requires his son controlling the football. Billy will be installed at 9. There will be no challengers.

That's no longer a fringe lunatic theory. It's the way it's rolling out.

It's plain that Kevvie and Billy are a father and son team. Like Ivan and Nathan. If it works out, then great. If not, Kevvie must get the axe.
InfantileGreedyAmericancrayfish size restricted

I'm not seeing the conspiracy at all. In the six again era, dummy half runners have become more impactful now than ever and Turpin who could only consistently play as a penalty magnet tackle bot got found wanting. As I've said on numerous occasions, that 9 spot is open and will see plenty of rotation unless the Broncos start well.

TL;DR Cobbo was the second fastest Bronco accross 40m (behind Deine Mariner) at 4.7 seconds to 4.6 seconds respectively. An impressive feat considering Cobbo reported back at 108kg, 6kgs over his ideal playing weight.
Bit concerning how overweight cobbo is. He's starting to come across as unprofessional

Also Herbie would've smashed them

that 9 spot is open and will see plenty of rotation unless the Broncos start well.
So it'll be like the halves in 2020? That was a real treat.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on who should start at 9 in round one, and who his competition will be for that position.

Tas Bartlett (Selwyn's agent):

“I wouldn’t be surprised if 2023 ends up being a bigger year than 2022 was for Selwyn. I caught up with Selwyn the other day for a strategy meeting around what 2022 was like for him and his goals moving forward for this season. I think Selwyn can physically get bigger than Latrell. Selwyn did some testing at the Broncos the other day and the only guy faster than him is Deine Mariner, so he is faster than Reece Walsh over 40 metres."​
“It’s pretty frightening how fast Selwyn can move for a big man. He returned to pre-season a couple of kilos overweight but someone as athletic as Selwyn, it won’t take him long in pre-season to get back to his optimum weight. Selwyn played at 100kg last year and the Broncos want him at 102kg this year. He is a year older, his frame will naturally fill out with weights which is pretty scary for NRL opponents considering Selwyn runs with no fear.”​
“No doubt it was a learning year for Selwyn. He has gone from a quiet kid from Cherbourg to an Origin player and one of the most recognisable faces in the game in 12 months. That, combined with the week in, week out grind of NRL, did take a mental toll on Selwyn. Turning up late to training showed the effect it was having on him, but people forget how young and raw Selwyn is. He was a blank canvas coming to the Broncos and is learning what it takes to be a professional in the NRL. Not going on the World Cup tour with Australia was a good thing for Selwyn. He can have three months at the Broncos to do the heavy lifting and the work to get his body and mind right for his second full season.”​

So it'll be like the halves in 2020? That was a real treat.

I'd be interested to hear your thoughts on who should start at 9 in round one, and who his competition will be for that position.
Whoever performs best in the trials. I hope that it's Paix because he has more upside but he's got to replicate the type of performances he put on against the Bulldogs to separate himself from the pack.

Whoever performs best in the trials. I hope that it's Paix because he has more upside but he's got to replicate the type of performances he put on against the Bulldogs to separate himself from the pack.
So Paix starting, with Walters coming off the bench. Or Walters starting with Paix coming off the bench. Choices, choices.

But McHunt, who would you have? One rule. Pick someone you’ve actually watched play

I can see Smoothy coming in if he performs strongly in the trials or if Brisbane start slowly. I can also see Mozer playing this season, whether he's ready or not. I can also the Broncos signing somebody mid-season if there's an injury/opportunity. That's what I mean by there being a rotation.

I can see Smoothy coming in if he performs strongly in the trials or if Brisbane start slowly. I can also see Mozer playing this season, whether he's ready or not. I can also the Broncos signing somebody mid-season if there's an injury/opportunity. That's what I mean by there being a rotation.
Wait, you stll think there's still a chance Smoothy might get an 11th hour rescue from the kiddy's table? I thought you'd already ruled that out. I hope so. It beggars belief we'd be entering the season with no other options in 9/14.

On which note, I'd be surprised if Paix is still here next year. He's another player who looks broken by the system.

But McHunt, who would you have? One rule. Pick someone you’ve actually watched play
If we only have two players to choose between for two positions. It's not real hard is it?

Are you implying I haven't seen Mozer or Smoothy play? Even @1910 knew that was bullshit when he said it, given I've commented and interacted with him on both during live Qcup threads. Or maybe he's getting on a bit and gets forgetful. I wouldn't know. Maybe lurk moar.

Active Now

• Midean
  • Mustafur
  • Lurker
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.