Predict the Queensland 17

I agree that Gagai does deserve another shot BUT I think Kevvie might realize that if we go with Morgan at centre, him and Gagai will be targeted relentlessly as it really is our only glaring weakness and it is a HUGE glaring weakness as well. At least with Feldt out there, Morgan already has that combination with him. Plus I LOVE the idea of Feldt and Oates kick returning for us. That is like two extra forwards to help out every single set.

I've warmed to the Morgan at centre idea, he's virtually a hybrid right centre / five-eighth for the Cowboys, it's not new to him.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Guerra
15. Thaiday
16. McGuire
17. Lillyman

This is the side I'm expecting, we would probably better off with O'Neill or Feldt over Gagai, but I think Kev will stay loyal to him, he did his job on the wing for us last year, deserves another crack.

You need to be a qld selector. Swap papa for guerra, and you got it spot on, imo.

Unfortunately, we are in a new post-mal era, and **** knows if sanity prevails...

You need to be a qld selector. Swap papa for guerra, and you got it spot on, imo.

Unfortunately, we are in a new post-mal era, and **** knows if sanity prevails...

I am actually looking forward to the post-mal era.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai

This will be the back line according to Pete Badel on NRL 360 tonight.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Gagai
5. Feldt
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Lowe
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Myles
16. Papalii
17. Thaiday

Last edited:
Toovey & Renouf just named their origin sides on NRL 360..

Toovey named Daniel Tupou on the wing, Renouf named Dane Nielson on the wing, do these guys even watch the game?

You think that's bad? Peter Tunks on Talkin Sports the other day wanted NSW to select Jordan Rapana.

The side Mal Meninga has named on the Courier Mail website is the way I would go - the only change would be Gavin Cooper in for Guerra, with Cooper starting and Papalii to the bench.

Mal's side:

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'neill
5. Feldt
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. McGuire
16. Guerra
17. Thaiday

No Cookies | The Courier Mail

13221601_10154960843289466_7569691678070796603_n.jpg

Papalli was pretty ordinary in the test match starting. I think off the bench is his best role for the impact he could bring

Here's my team

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Niell
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. McGuire
16. Guerra
17. Papalli

Papalli was pretty ordinary in the test match starting. I think off the bench is his best role for the impact he could bring

Here's my team

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Niell
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. McGuire
16. Guerra
17. Papalli

I think this is it, although I would have Guerra starting of Thaiday. I like AG, he strikes me as a proper Origin player, he impressed me with the little things when he's played for QLD and steps up on this club form. Thaiday is more suited, and used to, playing as an impact player off the bench.

Gaigai I really wasn't keen on, but I've come around. He's undoubtedly a more talented player then O'Neil or Feldt, and I think if he was playing in the Cowboys team it wouldn't be up for debate, he'd be a certainty ahead either of them. It would have taken a special effort not to look good in game three last year, but there were a couple of instances in defence, or driving on a lose ball - other little things along those lines you can only notice if your at a game - that really impressed me. I think he'd improve significantly more on his club form then either Cowboys player would - playing in a great team and getting away from that depressing excuse for a club will do wonders.

A right side combo of O'Niell and Gagai is terrifying, NSW will just be there all night .

A right side combo of O'Niell and Gagai is terrifying, NSW will just be there all night .

Must. Not. Happen.

Morgan-Feldt or O'Neill-Feldt, or hell even Morgan-O'Neill is probably better than O'Neill-Gagai.

I do rate Gagai, but he's still very green and IS weak in defense. Outside Hodgo I was comfortable enough. O'Neill is ok, but I'm not comfortable with them as a pairing. Having said that, I think whoever we put on that edge is going to be our weakest point regardless...

Must. Not. Happen.

Morgan-Feldt or O'Neill-Feldt, or hell even Morgan-O'Neill is probably better than O'Neill-Gagai.

I do rate Gagai, but he's still very green and IS weak in defense. Outside Hodgo I was comfortable enough. O'Neill is ok, but I'm not comfortable with them as a pairing. Having said that, I think whoever we put on that edge is going to be our weakest point regardless...

One positive if Morgan is at centre is you don't have to leave out any of the forwards from game 3 last year. McGuire would come onto the bench. Games in Sydney always seem to be decided in the forwards.

I'm not a fan of Guerra this year either. Hell, Myles has copped some flak for his form but Guerra has been ordinary at best even taking into account the chooks injury woes.

Still I expect Kevvie to stick solid with the tried and true . I agree Sydney will be the usual forwards slog and both sides more concerned with not losing rather than winning.

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. Morgan
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Myles
11. Thaiday
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Cooper
15. McGuire
16. Guerra/Lillyman/
17. Papalli

Queensland State of Origin team -

1. Boyd
2. Oates
3. Inglis
4. O'Neill
5. Gagai
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Guerra
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Papalii
17. McGuire

Confirmed by a bunch of journos

Gagai must be feeling extremely lucky if this team is correct.

From all accounts, Feldt was pencilled in on the wing until his case of the dropsies on Friday night.

Active Now

• Broncosgirl
  • MrTickyMcG
  • john1420
  • MrMoore
  • Fatboy
  • Swordfish
  • Big Del
  • Browny
  • Justwin
  • Fozz
  • azza.79
  • kman
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • porouian
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • Broncs1459
... and 1 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.