Predict the Queensland 17

Re: Round 4 - Broncos vs Cowboys

Not sure where to put this but here seems ok...how do people think Morgan would go as centre for qld in this year's origin. Given gi is likely full back a spot should be up for grabs. Chambers and ???? Morgan has size speed strong defence. ..he plays in a channel for cows at 6 so to push out one wider shouldn't be a big issue.

Not a bad idea. I was thinking boyd might get the 1 jumper

I'm sure Gallen can find someone to whinge about.

For reference sake here's the list of players who were banned for their actions during the Emerging Origin Camp.

Cameron Munster
Valentine Holmes
Anthony Milford
Ben Hunt
Dylan Napa
Edrick Lee
Chris Grevsmuhl
Jarrod Wallace

Not sure where to put this but here seems ok...how do people think Morgan would go as centre for qld in this year's origin. Given gi is likely full back a spot should be up for grabs. Chambers and ???? Morgan has size speed strong defence. ..he plays in a channel for cows at 6 so to push out one wider shouldn't be a big issue.
That's thinking outside the box and I actually like it... He absolutely carves us to pieces and we're one of the best defensive sides.. Plus it opens up Milfs bench spot in future seasons

Morgan was been underrated by many on this forum, not all mind you but by many. When he was picked for origin there were those same critics being vocal here but they are wrong and were wrong back then. He is a quality player and tough with it. He can cover every position except for front and second row and would be an asset in anyone's team.

I don't trust Gagai one bit so I am way behind Morgan at centre. Put him on the right as Chambers has excelled either side.

For reference sake here's the list of players who were banned for their actions during the Emerging Origin Camp.

Cameron Munster
Valentine Holmes
Anthony Milford
Ben Hunt
Dylan Napa
Edrick Lee
Chris Grevsmuhl
Jarrod Wallace
Whoops forgot about Napa being banned. I think it's time to move on from Myles but we are thin at prop.

1. Boyd, 2. Oates, 3. Gi, 4. Chambers, 5. Gagai, 14. Milf (it'll be dce or Morgan tho, milf is better than both of them).
Pretty sure Milford is not able to be pick for SOO this year

Whoops forgot about Napa being banned. I think it's time to move on from Myles but we are thin at prop.

Yeah I'd say we'll move on from Myles & Lillyman next year (especially if we lose this year), we can't do it this year with Napa being banned, I'd say next year our pack will be something like..

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Napa
17. Sims

Yeah I'd say we'll move on from Myles & Lillyman next year (especially if we lose this year), we can't do it this year with Napa being banned, I'd say next year our pack will be something like..

8. Scott
9. Smith
10. McGuire
11. Papalii
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Thaiday
16. Napa
17. Sims

I'd prefer Lillyman over Myles this year. I just think Myles has become even slower this year which will be taken advantage of by NSW. Another bloke who I think belongs at Origin level is Ethan Lowe. He has been in super form.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16, McGuire
17. Guerra

Maybe swap Gillett & Guerra, but I can pretty much see that being the 17.

1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Chambers
4. Gagai
5. Oates
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith (c)
10. Myles
11. Gillett
12. Thaiday
13. Parker

14. Morgan
15. Papalii
16, McGuire
17. Guerra

Maybe swap Gillett & Guerra, but I can pretty much see that being the 17.

I reckon that will be it (with Guerra starting, Gillett on the bench) but I don't agree with it.

If Gagai is defending in the centres we'll need to score a boatload of tries.

Well continuing the thinking outside the box, do we go extremely extreme outside boxness and pick Offa?

In 2017 or 18 maybe.

In 2016? His defence isn't good enough for that level.

Maybe they will choose maccas at lock! If we are still going with Lilyman surely Shillo gets a look in?

If Gagai is defending in the centres we'll need to score a boatload of tries.

The easy fix would be to play Boyd at fullback and GI in the centres. That way Gagai is on the wing. Inglis and Oates would be a formidable combination on the left with Thurston giving them the ball.

Active Now

• Midean
  • mitch222
  • Skyblues87
  • davidp
  • Xzei
  • whykickamoocow
  • Wolfie
  • TimWhatley
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Broncosgirl
  • Manofoneway
  • theshed
  • Scorchie
  • kiwi2
  • Sproj
  • sooticus
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Galah
... and 5 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.