Predicted Queensland Line-Up Game III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big Pete

Big Pete

International Captain
Mar 12, 2008
What do you hope to see?

Assuming Slater is out while Harrison is fit...

1. Greg Inglis
2. Darius Boyd
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Justin Hodges
5. Brent Tate
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Mat Scott
9. Cam Smith
10. Petero Civoniceiva
11. Nate Myles
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Ash Harrison

14. Ben Barba
15. Ben Hannant
16. Dave Shillington
17. Corey Parker

Not really a fan of Barba on the bench but with Billy out I'd like to see him used like how Billy was used in 08. Have Inglis weather the initial storm at the back before bringing Barba on & have Nielsen go to the bench.

Gillett & Taylor look cooked. Parker's heroics against the Souths gives him the edge in my book. McGuire would come close but I don't want to blood a guy in a decider.

As opposed to NSW's winning and making changes. Oh and some of these changes are forced through injury

Inglis
Boyd
Tate
Hodgo
O'Neal
Thurston
Cronk
Scott
Smith
Civo
Myles
Thaiday
Harrison

Taylor
Hannant
Shillington
Parker

Only downside is no utility but at this stage you pick the best 17 and if you cop an injury suck it up.
I think the selectors will strongly consider Barba after today but may be reluctant to debut someone in a decider.

Parker has outplayed Gillett, simple as that. Taylor will be used differently in game 3.

I think we are as vulnerable as ever this year, NSW look hungry and determined and they have picked a good side no matter who drops out. Also we have a few players down a touch on form. Hopefully with everything on the line it brings out the best in them.

Same vibe as last year after game 2

I say no to Barba on the bench. I'd also pick Gillett over Taylor. Parker is a must IMO. I'd put Boyd at fullback and leave Inglis in the centres. Nielsen or O'Neil come onto the wing

So QLD lose 1 game and you want to make changes?

Rightio.

The only unforced change I'm making is Barba for Gillett and even that's due to the loss of Slater.

I couldn't trust Boyd at the back, at least not on current form.

It might sound blasphemy here but I in a way hope Harrison isn't fit. Obviously defensively he is a massive contributor for us but in attack he plays just inside the winger where Taylor and/or Gillett should be stationed and he does absoltuely no damage. If he is out it would give us the chance to play these two extremely damaging players where they should be to get the most out of them.

I would go with.
1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Neilsen
4. Hodges
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Civo
11. Thaiday
12. Taylor
13. Myles

14. Barba (move Inglis into the frontline and put Barba at the back when he gets a chance late in the halves.
15. Parker
16. Shillington
17. Hannant

Barba in for Slater(Injured)

McGuire in for Hannant(Injured)

Parker in for Gillett(Poor form) IMO.

Brizz, how could you be so forgiving to Taylor after Game II and the performance on Friday?

If it was up to me I would pick DCE at 7 and play Cronk off the bench, that IMO would give us our best 17.

If it was up to me I would pick DCE at 7 and play Cronk off the bench, that IMO would give us our best 17.

DCE got injured today I think

Given the way NSW have dominated in the early exchanges I think I would go with:

1. Greg Inglis
2. Brent Tate
3. Justin Hodges
4. Dane Nielsen (that's ugly to type)
5. Darius Boyd
6. Jonathan Thurston
7. Cooper Cronk
8. Ben Hannant
9. Cameron Smith
10. Matt Scott
11. Sam Thaiday
12. Dave Taylor
13. Nate Myles

14. Ben Barba
15. Dave Shillington
16. Corey Parker
17. Petero Civoniceva

Ha, agreed Ari Gold. I felt a bit dirty having Nielsen there although he's actually a very solid player and only has to do a simple job. On the left, he should be better too. Don't remember seeing him play on the right much at club.

I was very close to selecting somebody ahead of Petero, but last game, Petero starting would fire our boys up.

This is what I think will be the team if Slater is out:

1- Matt Bowen
2- Darius Boyd
3- Greg Inglis
4- Justin Hodges
5- Brent Tate
6- Johnathan Thurston
7- Cooper Cronk
8- Matt Scott
9- Cam Smith
10-Petero Civoneciva
11-Nate Myles
12-Sam Thaiday
13-Ashley Harrison

14-Matt Gillett
15-David Shillington
16-Ben Hannant
17-Corey Parker

Gillett will not be dropped despite his poor form, because Qld will not go without a utility on the bench.
Taylor will only be in the team if Harrison is out, with Parker to assume his place in the 17. I hope he never ever gets a maroon jersey again. He is nothing more than a 125 Kg chicken with ball skills, and has no place in the Origin arena, where there is nowhere to hide!

The fullback decision is a tough one. One can make a case for Bowen, Barba and Inglis, but I would go for the first because he is in a fantastic form like the other two, but has the advantage of a good combination with Thurston, besides also having team mates Scott and Tate in the team, Barba has no combinations with anyone on the team and moving Inglis from centre to fullback is basically weakening one position to strenghten another...

Assuming Harrison is fit, my team would be
1. Inglis
2. Boyd
3. Hodges
4. Nielsen
5. Tate
6. Thurston
7. Cronk
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Petero
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison
14. Parker
15. Shillington
16. Hannant
17. McGuire - they wont go this this though, as they probably will select Taylor

I am very very tempted to pick Bowen though and keep Inglis in centres. The Thurston-Bowen connection would be a very good attacking weapon and Bowen had a great game this week It will be very interesting to see the team selection. I'm pretty sure they will pick an extended squad with both Bowen and Barba in it.

If we were picking the team like nsw selectors after a loss:

Bowen
Graham
Nielsen
Hodges
O'Neill
Thurston
Cherry Evans
McGuire
Smith
Scott
Myles
Teo
Parker

Costigan
Barba
Shillington
Hannant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• bert_lifts
  • Thelmus
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.