PRE-GAME Prelim Final - Broncos vs. Roosters

vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Mitchell Pearce is back too. As good as Hastings has been going, Pearce is just better right now. As hopeless as he is for NSW, he's very dangerous at NRL level. Hopefully he'll be pretty underdone though.

It's because his squad at NRL level is (somehow) better than the NSW one.

It's because his squad at NRL level is (somehow) better than the NSW one.

Yeah, someone really needs to explain this. One of these teams was over the cap and the other isn't?
CPLW4MsUwAEbnvI.jpg

Kick it to Tupou, put pressure on him..

He doesn't look that comfortable at the moment.. He looks like he is going to make an error almost every time.

Strong grubbers should also do the trick.

Yep is always good for a bad play the ball and a knock on too. Id be grubbeeing to him all day and chase very hard. Also try to shut down RTS. He made +300m on us last game. That can't happen again

Truly, kicking away from RTS has to be part of the plan, find the other side and kick for touch. Limit the number of times he has the ball with 10+ metres plus in front of him. Hunt is good no doubt and seemingly getter a little better every season but he is not world class in the kicking department. Far too many unthinking hoists from mid field to the 25 metre mark. I'd prefer they dribble over the sideline, even if they are 25 metres out from their try line

Yeah, someone really needs to explain this. One of these teams was over the cap and the other isn't?
CPLW4MsUwAEbnvI.jpg
That's incredible. Seriously, the Roosters team basically has a great player in every position.

CPLW4MsUwAEbnvI.jpg

Looks good on paper hey?

Then you realise the Melbourne Storm side had Maloney, Guerra, Bromwich, Widdop, Proctor, Duffie, Tomane and Rochow playing in reserves and it looks worse for Melbourne.

Then again, comparing teams on paper is stupid. Better off comparing contexts and when these players signed.

Looks good on paper hey?

Then you realise the Melbourne Storm side had Maloney, Guerra, Bromwich, Widdop, Proctor, Duffie, Tomane and Rochow playing in reserves and it looks worse for Melbourne.

Then again, comparing teams on paper is stupid. Better off comparing contexts and when these players signed.

Thats the point, not only does it look good on paper but they have quality players all over the field as well as outside their 17. Were the players you named playing first grade at that point?

CPLW4MsUwAEbnvI.jpg

To be fair, they're getting Turd Ferguson on the cheap because he's a convicted sex offender. And having a shite halfback frees up a fair whack of coin for other positions too.

Last edited:
Don't forget that they go and sign other clubs juniors for 200k+ just to horde all the promising talent (halves seem to be their latest fetish).

To be fair, they're getting Turd Ferguson on the cheap because he's a convicted sex offender. And having a shite halfback frees up a fair whack of coin for other positions too.

I guarantee desperate clubs like the eels, raiders, titans, sharks, etc would have been sniffing around for him.

Last edited:
Thats the point, not only does it look good on paper but they have quality players all over the field as well as outside their 17. Were the players you named playing first grade at that point?

The explanation is that it's a different context. A lot of those players look far more valuable on paper, but in reality they were signed before they were stars (eg. RTS, Tupou, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho).

In contrast, a lot of those Storm players were on deals they signed when they were at their peak.

So the point is, it may look suss on paper but that isn't the concern. The concern is context and when these players signed under which salary cap conditions.

The explanation is that it's a different context. A lot of those players look far more valuable on paper, but in reality they were signed before they were stars (eg. RTS, Tupou, Guerra, Napa, Taukeiaho).

In contrast, a lot of those Storm players were on deals they signed when they were at their peak.

So the point is, it may look suss on paper but that isn't the concern. The concern is context and when these players signed under which salary cap conditions.

It's already been said that RTS was lured from Rugby (IIRC) and was already a big name. And they had an article on Tupou after their GF win that he was on a minimal contract. If he hasn't re-signed yet, next year will be his fourth year on "minimum wage". Who signs for 4 years on rookie dollars?

It's already been said that RTS was lured from Rugby (IIRC) and was already a big name. And they had an article on Tupou after their GF win that he was on a minimal contract. If he hasn't re-signed yet, next year will be his fourth year on "minimum wage". Who signs for 4 years on rookie dollars?

That doesn't mean he's on the type of coin you'd expect him to be on.

Let's face it, RTS is an elite player in the competition. That's why the Warriors are paying close to a million for his services. I'm sure he would have been on good money in terms of a rookie, but not the type of cash you'd expect of a marquee player.

But you already knew that. I don't know why you're playing coy here.

That doesn't mean he's on the type of coin you'd expect him to be on.

Let's face it, RTS is an elite player in the competition. That's why the Warriors are paying close to a million for his services. I'm sure he would have been on good money in terms of a rookie, but not the type of cash you'd expect of a marquee player.

But you already knew that. I don't know why you're playing coy here.

I'm not playing coy, I am genuinely baffled as to how they have this team. Not being on elite dollars is one thing, but with the talent around the park you'd expect them to have to throw a rookie or three around them. But no, even when they need to drag out some depth it's a talented half that was lured from another club who fought to keep him.

Even when the Storm were cheating they were bringing in journeymen and plugging them in where required. The Roosters are actively poaching. Luring players whose incumbent clubs do not want to lose and fight to keep them.

I'm not playing coy, I am genuinely baffled as to how they have this team. Not being on elite dollars is one thing, but with the talent around the park you'd expect them to have to throw a rookie or three around them. But no, even when they need to drag out some depth it's a talented half that was lured from another club who fought to keep him. Even when the Storm were cheating they were bringing in journeymen and plugging them in where required. The Roosters are actively poaching. Luring players whose incumbent clubs do not want to lose and fight to keep them.

Brown paper bags full of cash. Simple. And it happens.

Unread

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Broncorob
  • HarryAllan7
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.