PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Warriors have the forward pack to somehat match though. Storm didn't. If they can keep it close they are a big chance. Broncs should still win but is about matchups. The Warriors don't make errors. Very conservative team the way they go about things . They will be hoping for self inflicted errors from you guys. They don't have enough class and I don't think they will have enough points but I don't hate the matchup for the Warriors.

I agree they match up ok but we still have more cream on top where the key match ups are. In many ways, they are a bit of an us-lite but slightly better than the Knights are us-lite.

You know what you are going to get from them but the fact we beat them relatively comfortably with our B team will still be in the back of their heads an while they have improved since then, so have we but even more so.

We would have to be WAY off our game for them to be a chance basically.

I agree they match up ok but we still have more cream on top where the key match ups are. In many ways, they are a bit of an us-lite but slightly better than the Knights are us-lite.

You know what you are going to get from them but the fact we beat them relatively comfortably with our B team will still be in the back of their heads an while they have improved since then, so have we but even more so.

SJ will be the X factor.......

I feel like if we're going to win this game it'll be on the edges where the Warriors, unlike Melb, appear to be a bit leaky. We should be aiming to win the middle early and then hammer SJ out wide every chance we get in attack off the back of good field position. Make SJ work in defence.

Edit: what worries me most about the wahs is the attacking potency in their middles. Afb running off tohu is such a dangerous combo, as is Egan out of dummy half. They shouldn’t be allowed the time and space to pull off these plays if our boys dominate the middle, however.

I feel like if we're going to win this game it'll be on the edges where the Warriors, unlike Melb, appear to be a bit leaky. We should be aiming to win the middle early and then hammer SJ out wide every chance we get in attack off the back of good field position. Make SJ work in defence.

Edit: what worries me most about the wahs is the attacking potency in their middles. Afb running off tohu is such a dangerous combo, as is Egan out of dummy half. They shouldn’t be allowed the time and space to pull off these plays if our boys dominate the middle, however.
There middles are good, but don't last as long as ours. If we can match it with them in the first 15, we should be good.

11781CB6-6C9C-4C64-85E9-336593C254BC.jpeg

Agreed.
If the Warriors play a perfect 80min & if we have our worst 80min performance of the year, the Warriors have a chance.

Broncos have been so reliably consistent this year though...

I'm super confident we'll be playing for (& even lifting!) the trophy this year.

Think you're exaggerating on the above two quotes.

We are under pressure because as we're go in as heavy favourites, playing at home. Not sure who you're referring to on 360 but I don't recall anyone saying the season would be a failure, considering no one picked us to finish in the top 4 at the start of the season. BUT considering our position now, our win over the Storm, it would be a failure of a finals series to not make the GF.

Like to see a quote from an AFL representative saying that Brisbane is an AFL state.

If you're going on participation of all ages then soccer is the code of choice in QLD.
Johns said it on SEN.

Gilligan has repeatedly claimed it will be an afl state within a year. Absolutely delusional, but victards lap that shit up, they still believe the game is taking off in China…

“We are seeing those numbers lifting above pre-covid levels, particularly in Queensland where AFL – within a year or two - is on the brink of being the biggest code in the state. Something unthinkable a decade ago.”

Caroline Wilson was parroting the same nonsense on offsiders a week ago.

Having a successful Lions side will help to improve that, a winning team always has that effect.
But for me I’ve never been able to get into it. My best mate is a lions fan but still knows that NRL is ahead of AFL

We’re going to need to be good down that side. If we can nullify that Warriors play down their right side, one of their pet plays is down the gurgler.
The closer the game gets, the more confident i'm getting.

Broncos 24 Panthers 18

I've already looked past this game against the plucky Warriors. Stick a fork in them. They are done
🤦‍♂️
Warriors trolls incoming…

Due to errors on the site with my fix, the thread needs to be called Round 30. Lame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.