PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
- We have weapons everywhere and no glaring weaknesses anywhere
I think a pretty obvious weakness for us is Cobbo under the high ball. Looked shakier than a crack addict going to the methadone clinic.

Nah.

Haas > AFB
Flegler > Barnett
Capewell > Ford
Riki > Niukore
Carrigan > Harris

They are good but don't let the media fool you, they aren't quite on our level.

Unfortunately the game isn't won on paper.

I think people have forgotten, this is finals footy. Nerves can beat you just as much as the opponents can.

We're in our very first prelim final for a very long time - the boys are chucking their cookies in a regular season game, they are going to be heaving before they even run on, on Saturday.

On paper, on form, we should blow them to pieces. That all counts for shit at the end of the season. This is about playing for sheep stations and the warriors won't go down wondering. We come ready to fight, bring 100% or we'll get bundled out very quickly.

I think a pretty obvious weakness for us is Cobbo under the high ball. Looked shakier than a crack addict going to the methadone clinic.
He does give off an easy come, easy go vibe, which is either extremely cool, or extremely dangerous. Still haven’t made my mind up with that in terms of his errors. Can’t fault the try count

Bryan Cranston Reaction GIF

I think people have forgotten, this is finals footy. Nerves can beat you just as much as the opponents can.

We're in our very first prelim final for a very long time - the boys are chucking their cookies in a regular season game, they are going to be heaving before they even run on, on Saturday.

On paper, on form, we should blow them to pieces. That all counts for shit at the end of the season. This is about playing for sheep stations and the warriors won't go down wondering. We come ready to fight, bring 100% or we'll get bundled out very quickly.

I hope we win because NZ would have absolutely no chance against Penrith, I don't think SJ is the messiah he has been made out to be.

He doesn't turn around the result in Penrith a couple of weeks ago, no chance.

Yep and the Warriors have all their recent prelim experience to fall back on too...wait a minute.

Conversely, if they don't come at 100% they are getting blown away.

My favourite thing going around right now is this idea that the game should be earlier for the kids in NZ. Just a pure beat up, they're everyone's favourite 2nd team because they've never won a comp. If they had any sort of success, nobody would give a shit what time it meant they had to stay up to watch the game.

You've got to be kidding me, what do they all have to get up early and go to church the next day?

My favourite thing going around right now is this idea that the game should be earlier for the kids in NZ. Just a pure beat up, they're everyone's favourite 2nd team because they've never won a comp. If they had any sort of success, nobody would give a shit what time it meant they had to stay up to watch the game.

You've got to be kidding me, what do they all have to get up early and go to church the next day?
They did stay in Australia for 2 years so the comp could continue. I guess they are asking for too much for a kick off time a couple of hours earlier... selfish pricks.

They did stay in Australia for 2 years so the comp could continue. I guess they are asking for too much for a kick off time a couple of hours earlier... selfish pricks.

I don't buy into that either, so what if they didn't want to commit to staying in Australia? Just have a 15 team comp, it's not too different from the 17 team comp we have currently.

Also the earlier kick off, not sure if you're living under a rock but the Lions are playing a prelim just down the road, a couple of hours earlier.

I don't buy into that either, so what if they didn't want to commit to staying in Australia? Just have a 15 team comp, it's not too different from the 17 team comp we have currently.

Also the earlier kick off, not sure if you're living under a rock but the Lions are playing a prelim just down the road, a couple of hours earlier.
You know how much money that would have cost the game? There is a reason they needed them to stick it out.

I reckon we could actually win the GF ... but still have people on here question if we'd even make the GF

I question our performances after a week off, we can't afford to start slow against a team like NZ. They're no easy beats, particularly with a bit of momentum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Galah
  • mrslong
  • Midean
  • Footy Fanatic
  • FACTHUNT
  • broncoscope
  • blacknwhite
  • Culhwch
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Porthoz
  • armchair
  • pennywisealfie
  • Broncorob
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • ChewThePhatt
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Johnny92
  • GCBRONCO
  • kiwibronco
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.