PRE-GAME [PRELIMINARY FINAL] Brisbane Broncos vs New Zealand Warriors at Lang Park

Status
Not open for further replies.
The way we've defended this year I think we will shut down the Warriors options in attack, everything pretty much goes through Johnson and we've shut down main guys like that this year like Hynes and Cody Walker.
Warriors V Penrith Cleary carved them to pieces. Looked as though the outside men were in 2 minds about what Cleary would do and defending against Reynolds with Walsh playing out the back is another level.
Penrith also found space up the middle, we've got the players to roll through them.
The emotions of last week for the Warriors are going to play a part whether that be good or bad for them.

The way we've defended this year I think we will shut down the Warriors options in attack, everything pretty much goes through Johnson and we've shut down main guys like that this year like Hynes and Cody Walker.
Warriors V Penrith Cleary carved them to pieces. Looked as though the outside men were in 2 minds about what Cleary would do and defending against Reynolds with Walsh playing out the back is another level.
Penrith also found space up the middle, we've got the players to roll through them.
The emotions of last week for the Warriors are going to play a part whether that be good or bad for them.

I hope like hell they try to blitzkrieg their way towards Reece Walsh because I know for a fact that won't work.

I think the Warriors will be attacking reece walsh thinking they can stop him but we have other weapons
Even still I can't remember a game this year where a team has shut Walsh done.
He's had a couple of off games but the opposition werent the cause of that.

Did you not see us after effectively two weeks off in week 1 of finals?

It is a concern, no doubt about it. Some of our worst footy this season has been after a week off. I don't buy into this "effective" week off because Kev elected to rest a bunch of players. For the most part those players were seasoned rep players, they don't know any other way.

We were pretty damn ordinary in that first half against Melbourne.

We were getting up in their face defensively and giving it to them, but the dropped balls, the forced passes, the amount of passes going to ground, the timing on the plays was well off. Our attack was pretty putrid.

We sorted it out in the second half, the side calmed down and we were much better. But the Warriors aren't going to dish up what Melbourne did.

In saying that, we lose this if we beat ourselves. If we play our best footy, can't see us losing.

Yeah, the week off can always be a double edged sword. One team is fresh, but the other team has momentum. No doubt we win if at our best, but anyone just expecting a win here is playing with fire. We still have to earn it, and you always need some luck.

I mean, we’re better than the raiders and Titans but they still both beat us once this year.

NRL tried to get the time slot for this game changed to a more NZ friendly time, but 9 wouldn't budge.
Sunday arvo at 4:00pm kick off would work for everyone - no clash with afl, 9 would be happy, nz friendly time, win win for everyone. Too bad the nrl don’t have sufficient iq to do it.

Damn that was a close game. Warriors can put on some quick points, can't switch off against them.

The Warriors have played one top 4 team since we beat them with our B team and that was them being flogged by the Panthers. Yes they are also in the top four so Les es only three other opponents but in that time, we’ve played Melbourne three times, Penrith and of course the Warriors.

They’ve also only played the Sharks, Knights last week and Raiders for wins against other top 8 sides. Given the Sharks can’t beat top 8 sides that doesn’t matter. The Knights were empty last week and yes, the Raiders wins were good. They also got flogged by the Rabbits when they were going ok. They’ve had a ridiculously soft draw comparatively.

In that time, we’ve beaten all of the Warriors (with our B team), Knights, Storm, Raiders, Rabbits, Roosters.

We would have to be WAY off our game to lose this one. It’s possibly but given how many different ways we’ve won this year and how competitive we’ve been, it’s extremely unlikely. We have gears and weapons no one else has and no one has been able to fully stop plus our defense is getting better and better.

Since origin, we’ve actually let in about 11 points a game. Our defense is about on par with Penrith in that time taking out their big loss to Parra and our b team losing to Melbourne.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.