POST GAME Preliminary Final: Broncos vs Warriors

Feel as though he probably regrets his decision quite abit.
Getting more money's great but these moments with your mates that you've been with since you've come to Australia can't be had at the Dolphins.
My thoughts are he will be back at the broncos at some point in the future. Only 23 and its a two year deal!

My thoughts are he will be back at the broncos at some point in the future. Only 23 and its a two year deal!
I’d rather we kept him but he’s going and nothing we can do about it.

Need to move on and keep building the squad and develop this team into what could be a new era for the Broncos.

Honestly this try from Walters, the lead-up play to this is just something else. It's pure brilliance.

Firstly the run from Flegler and the offload to Billy who was on his right which sucks in defenders from the middle. Billy recognizing the space on the left and gets a quick pass away to Ezra. Ezra having so much room to work with draws the attention of Johnson and Egan, but it's what happens next that's the brilliant part.

Ezra passes the ball ahead of Walsh and it looks like Capewell is getting it which keeps Berry focused on Capewell. The line Walsh is running suggests he's going to run to the outside of Capewell to link up with the outside men. But then at the last second Capewell steps out and when he does that Berry plants his feet expecting him to get the ball, and at the same time Walsh steps in and bursts onto the ball. By the time Berry realizes, it's too late and Egan doesn't have the speed to cover the gap.

It's absolute brilliance.

Honestly this try from Walters, the lead-up play to this is just something else. It's pure brilliance.

Firstly the run from Flegler and the offload to Billy who was on his right which sucks in defenders from the middle. Billy recognizing the space on the left and gets a quick pass away to Ezra. Ezra having so much room to work with draws the attention of Johnson and Egan, but it's what happens next that's the brilliant part.

Ezra passes the ball ahead of Walsh and it looks like Capewell is getting it which keeps Berry focused on Capewell. The line Walsh is running suggests he's going to run to the outside of Capewell to link up with the outside men. But then at the last second Capewell steps out and when he does that Berry plants his feet expecting him to get the ball, and at the same time Walsh steps in and bursts onto the ball. By the time Berry realizes, it's too late and Egan doesn't have the speed to cover the gap.

I loved this live and it was even better on replay. That is how you create space but man, Walsh comes from nowhere. That kind of play is impossible to defend.

Great post; Rugby League Writers-esque

Billy has gotten really good at this over the last couple of months. There was a period there where if a ball came out he'd dish it to the closest forward or take a dart himself - which sometimes worked out. Now it looks like they have structures in place and he knows exactly what to do with it - and everyone else knows their role and is watching for it to come to them too, or to pushing up in support.

I also love that Reyno cuts across field and is there in support as well - Walsh had Billy, Mam and Reyno all unmarked on the inside.

Also when they change the rules to allow the bunker to look at forward passes that last pass is getting called back every time.

We're going to be boned next year if we keep scoring lots of points on breaks.

Also when they change the rules to allow the bunker to look at forward passes that last pass is getting called back every time.

We're going to be boned next year if we keep scoring lots of points on breaks.

I don't see the bunker ruling on forward passes anytime soon, at least not all of them.. Not unless more technology is brought in.

I can see them ruling on blatant forward passes such as Walsh's in the Riki try, but the 50/50's it's going to be too much of a shit storm.

The video ref has been allowed to rule on forward passes in the past and to say it was a fucking disaster would be an understatement.

I don't see the bunker ruling on forward passes anytime soon, at least not all of them.. Not unless more technology is brought in.

I can see them ruling on blatant forward passes such as Walsh's in the Riki try, but the 50/50's it's going to be too much of a shit storm.

The video ref has been allowed to rule on forward passes in the past and to say it was a fucking disaster would be an understatement.

It's the NRL. I expect an overreaction, a rapid, ill-thought out implementation, a media storm when they come out too strongly or are wildly inconsistent - or both - and then a reversion to something a little more sensible, but still probably largely inconsistent.

Is the whole squad flying down to Sydney as well?

If we want to train whilst we're down there we'll need a renegades team to play against.

What's the definition of "blatant" and "50/50" though??

One ref's 50/50 is another ref's blatant... and that's the issue with putting in a rule of "well bunker can rule on blatant forward passes only".

Was Selwyn's pass back on the inside forward?

Blocker thinks it was blatant, but I'm not even sure it was forward.

It's those ones that the bunker will be getting called in to rule on, because media will claim "that's a blatant forward pass".

What's the definition of "blatant" and "50/50" though??

One ref's 50/50 is another ref's blatant... and that's the issue with putting in a rule of "well bunker can rule on blatant forward passes only".

Was Selwyn's pass back on the inside forward?

Blocker thinks it was blatant, but I'm not even sure it was forward.

It's those ones that the bunker will be getting called in to rule on, because media will claim "that's a blatant forward pass".
Anyone claiming Selwyn's was forward is blind or a moron. He clearly passed it in a backwards motion, any forward travel (if there even was any) was purely due to the pace he was running at.

Anyone claiming Selwyn's was forward is blind or a moron. He clearly passed it in a backwards motion, any forward travel (if there even was any) was purely due to the pace he was running at.
Exactly yet media have been claiming all week there were two forward passes... and yet they want the bunker to be able to chime in and start ruling of them without thinking passes like Selwyn's will get dragged into it as well.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Broncorob
  • mystico
  • FACTHUNT
  • ettybay
  • Shane Tronc
  • kiwibronco
  • sooticus
  • HarryAllan7
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.