SPLIT Pro Wrestling is Fake.

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Huge, Mar 15, 2017.

1. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    Probably The Untouchables but Kpax was excellent too. Likely have 5 movies that are equal first.

2. I just don't get it, I cannot believe anyone watches stuff like this knowing, absolutely knowing that every single scene is predetermined. I get that everyone is entitled to a view, entitled to get pleasure where they find it but what is it about this movie that gets people involved. Stage managed at every step, makeup wearing guys in suits pulling faces and threatening to hurt each other but every single person knows that they don't mean a word of it....totally puzzled I am, I want to throw up 30 seconds into any of it.

3. Cult3

Cult3 State of Origin Rep

Almost every argument put forward from the anti-wrestling side has been incorrect though. The endings of matches are not always predetermined, a lot of matches are done on the fly, barely any of them wear makeup and promos aren't always scripted. There are legitimate arguments against wrestling being good, but the arguments in here have been so misinformed it's barely worth responding.

4. Well, not always but 98% of the time.

Everything bar the finish is usually made up on the fly though. Unless you're DDP or Macho and have to choreograph every spot.

5. Cult3

That's what not always means haha

6. Yeah but we're talking absolute anomalies here like when a wrestler gets injured or the promoter wants to fuck over a talent. Even in the case where a wrestler gets injured, they'll find ways to stick to the scripted finish. So we've seen guys who have suffered temporary paralysis go over due to the finish which was incredibly tough but also looked really stupid.

7. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    LOL, so very very predictable.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  8. Cult3

And it's known to happen based on fan reactions at indy events as well. I'm not just talking about the WWE. Also I just noticed @pennywisealfie was replying to Huges favourite movie. Don't mind me.

9. I seem to remember this being posted earlier in this thread. This still applies, so move on!

10. Cult3

[EDIT]Quotes a moderated post.

11. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    I
    I can take solace in the knowledge intelligent people don't watch such junk.

12. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    [EDIT]Quotes moderated posts.

13. Cult3

[EDIT]Quotes moderated post

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 21, 2017
  14. Next person to continue this discussion will cop a thread ban.

15. Intelligent people are usually pretty open minded, which is a mindset that you have demonstrated time and again that you are opposed to.

Just because you don't "get it" doesn't mean that it's not a valid form of entertainment.

Nobody is claiming it's a sport, just another form of entertainment.

In the untouchables, Kevin Costner isn't using real bullets to shoot everyone in the staircase scene, it's just acted, The story is pre-determined, everything is scripted. Oh hey, that sounds like another form of entertainment!

16. Nashy

Nashy

I get the entertainment argument. But I mean, real sport is pretty darn entertaining.

17. Foordy

Foordy

Depends on the sport

18. Renegade

Renegade NRL Player

lmao

19. Did you not get the bit about not judging?

I watch wrestling from time to time, not massively into it, but I watch it now and again

I find some entertainment value in it

And I am 48 years old, post graduate educated, and work in a University as a department head managing a multi-million dollar budget

But yeah, not intelligent

pennywisealfie likes this.
  20. Huge

Huge NRL Captain

Ipswich
    No, generally speaking, such junk is not watched by intelligent people. That's my judgement. There are people out there who would be widely considered to be intelligent, well educated, well credentialled, who actually think the world is 6,000 years old and they also think that evolution is a conspiracy involving 99% of the science community.

Are they right ? Just because you are an exception does not prove my statement incorrect. My statement is in actual fact wrong. I should have written, generally intelligent people don't watch such puerile garbage.

You might have a responsible job, overseeing a multi million dollar budget but I operate a machine worth multiple millions of dollars. I'm also paid double what a pen pusher receives but none of that has relevance does it ? My opinion is just that, mine. I never stated that it isn't a form of entertainment, it is only it's a very poor form. Play acting steroidal behemoths in spandex, mincing around pulling faces and uttering guttural threats, smashing balsa wood chairs over one another. Laughable were it not so infantile. The men do the same thing !