NEWS Pursuit over as Broncos finally get their man

If Croft can be the key to unlocking Milfords attacking game then i am seriously happy we have signed him.
That's precisely the point

If we are paying Milford close to 1M, and he's under producing...

With Croft on 300-400k, if he frees Milford to have more.of an output and all of a sudden starts playing to his price tag, are we still paying 3-400k for Croft?

If it gives us genuine synergy, then it is a net gain.

Ahh good these are my favourite topics - Michael Morgan is overrated, critiquing the Cowboys awful roster and questioning their cap management.

MM had that magical '17 run and never sniffed it since. The Cowboys paid him $1m and that deal is as bad as Milford's paycheque but it doesn't cop the flack because they don't cop the same scrutiny.

Their only good forward is Lolo. Mclean went up there to Hunt, McGuire has fallen off a cliff and is a terrible ruck defender, Gavin Cooper is a plodder, Coen Hess is a truly terrible player and the rest are worse.

They won't sign Latrell, that was just hyperbole from yours truly. But they have spent their money in the wrong places. And seemingly given up on Clifford, who could well be a very good NRL halfback (and better than B Croft...)
[automerge]1574561756[/automerge]

Spare me that Croft is a genuine halfback. We don't just need a halfback, we need a good one. Brodie Croft is not a good one. But we will see.

Clifford, Croft, CHT, Dearden, and even Cleary are all promising and all have a lot to prove. At least Croft has proven capable in a minor premiership winning side and has a lot of respect from good judges.

I remember when Moses was a meme before he went to Parra, now look at him.

Last edited:
Another half quietly added to the books

Screenshot 2019 11 24 Wackos Whispers on Twitter Ex Wests Tigers Tyson Gamble has signed a NR

Last edited:
Gamble was born in Brisbane, makes sense to give him a development deal in case we have a couple of injuries to the halves before O'Sullivan returns. Seibold is ensuring that we never have to play guys like Boyd or Turpin in the halves again under any circumstances.

His stats for Reddy in 2019 - 11 games, 9 try assists, 6 line-break assists, 9 forced drop outs, 49 goals @ 80%, 168 tackles @ 81% efficiency.

Seems like a solid break glass in case of emergency player.

Any good ?

He made a difference this year when he came back after Tigers released him. Not easy coming back into a team in June and playing half. Very calm player, hasn’t found a niche yet here or in Sydney.

Broncos can’t use him though. He hasn’t got a deal yet. He’s just part of the ISC guys doing a pre-season.

Last edited:
Clifford, Croft, CHT, Dearden, and even Cleary are all promising and all have a lot to prove. At least Croft has proven capable in a minor premiership winning side and has a lot of respect from good judges.

I remember when Moses was a meme before he went to Parra, now look at him.
It's easy to be proven capable in a team that gets minor premierships for shits and giggles. This will make him or break him, he doesn't get what he had at the storm.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • Big Del
  • davidp
  • Porthoz
  • FaceOfMutiny
  • Dash
  • maddo
  • TimWhatley
  • bert_lifts
  • Johnny92
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Jedhead
  • azza.79
  • Lurker
  • Bronco bob
  • BroncosAlways
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosFan_Corey
  • Broncosgirl
... and 22 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.