Push for Folau from Senior players

Actually, they're showing maturity by recognising that their knee jerk reaction wasn't based on sound reasoning.

Besides, your reaction really shows who's worried. :P

And seriously, a NSW blue accusing anyone else of back-flipping? You have more acrobats than everybody else put together! :twisted:

Rocky really shouldn't be accusing anyone of back-flipping.

ningnangnong said:
Rocky really shouldn't be accusing anyone of back-flipping.

It's pretty hard to back flip while wearing a turncoat....he's very talented.

Like I said in the other thread about picking Folau, it seemed like an easy decision when it appeared that QLD had numerous other quality backline players they could call on.

It was stupid of the selectors/players/QRL to make such statements before they knew exactly who would be available for the game.

In my opinion, Folau should be elligible, but if they've come out and said they aren't going to pick him (has anyone, or have they just been rumours) when they thought they had other players of origin quality they could call on, and then do a backflip when they realise they dont' have as good options as they thought, then that's pretty weak.

They made their decision, and right or wrong, they should stick by it and be prepared to cop the critism should QLD lose the game or series.

OXY-351 said:
They made their decision, and right or wrong, they should stick by it and be prepared to cop the critism should QLD lose the game or series.

How would that not be even more stupid?
It's difficult to admit to a mistake, more so when publicly, but it is a sign of true courage and leadership!

I don't necessarily think the initial decision was a mistake (I could understand either way), but now the circumstances have drastically changed and it needs to be reconsidered.

I don't think it's weak to change your mind when you're presented with an entirely different situation to the one you expected.

To lose an origin game (and possibly series) "on principle" is stupid, especially when the guy in question hasn't actually done anything wrong/illegal.

schmix said:
To lose an origin game (and possibly series) "on principle" is stupid, especially when the guy in question hasn't actually done anything wrong/illegal.

State of Origin is perhaps the one thing RL has over other sports in this country. A match where teams consisting of generally the best players in the game in Australia facing off against each other. If they are trying to use this as a bargaining tool to keep players in the game (which it appears they are), then they need to stick by the decision, otherwise it makes a mockery of it. Any high profile player will still know he'll get picked regardless if their is no suitable replacement, which could potentially be fairly often if it's a superstar such as Folau, Thurston, Inglis etc.

audragon said:
OXY-351 said:

How would that not be even more stupid?
It's difficult to admit to a mistake, more so when publicly, but it is a sign of true courage and leadership!

Leadership would have been actually accessing the decision in the first place. To me, it just seemed a massive error of judgement to come out so early on and say he wouldn't be picked. They made a decision because they thought QLD would probably win even without Folau. It was an easy decision to make. To go back on that decision now because maybe it's not such an easy decision doesn't show courage to me at all. Courage would be stikcing by it, even if you might make a short term loss for long term gains.

FWIW, I dont' agree with not picking Folau and don't think anyone should have ever come out and said they wouldn't pick him. The best players in this years NRL should get picked, but I just think it would be weak to change their decision now.

What I hate about the idea of not picking Folau is the revelations that Smith at least may have been in on the salary cap rorting.

So potentially QLD's vice captain will be allowed to play despite being a knowing salary cap cheat...while Folau is being left out for making the perfectly legal decision to accept a job offer from another sport.

That's fucked.

Coxy said:
What I hate about the idea of not picking Folau is the revelations that Smith at least may have been in on the salary cap rorting.

So potentially QLD's vice captain will be allowed to play despite being a knowing salary cap cheat...while Folau is being left out for making the perfectly legal decision to accept a job offer from another sport.

That's ****.
100% agree but dropping him now would be saying he's guilty before it's been proven.
I said it another thread but Smith shouldn't EVER captain Australia or QLD again, possibly not even play for them.

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:

That's ****.
100% agree but dropping him now would be saying he's guilty before it's been proven.
I said it another thread but Smith shouldn't EVER captain Australia or QLD again, possibly not even play for them.

Oh for sure, I wouldn't drop him right now until there's proof, not speculation, but just saying...post series, if QLD win, what's more embarrassing? Winning with Folau in the team, or winning with a salary cap cheat in the team?

Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:

That's ****.

Oh for sure, I wouldn't drop him right now until there's proof, not speculation, but just saying...post series, if QLD win, what's more embarrassing? Winning with Folau in the team, or winning with a salary cap cheat in the team?
The latter for sure

broncospwn said:
Coxy said:
broncospwn said:
Coxy said:

That's ****.

The latter for sure, one has cheated the entire game one has simply signed a contract elsewhere.

Yeah, his biggest crime is to change careers. What a bastard.

Yeah if changing careers is so terrible then everyone would hate Gen Y!

oh wait...

Well if you wanna leave out Smith for rorting the cap, why not kick out Bellamy as well ?

Surely he knew all along what was happening ?

jarro65 said:
Well if you wanna leave out Smith for rorting the cap, why not kick out Bellamy as well ?

Surely he knew all along what was happening ?

Absolutely!

Anyone proven to be knowingly involved in this scandal should be banned from all representative games for life, and if appropriate, from the NRL competition altogether for up to 2 years.

Can you ban coaches in that fashion though?
Bellamy is the head scumbag, I have no doubt he knew, every coach knows the ins and out of his team.

Active Now

• MrMoore
  • Fatboy
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Santa
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Harry Sack
  • mystico
  • broncsgoat
  • Redux
  • Fitzy
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Dash
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.