NEWS Put on notice

The term 'sold a pup' in case you're not familiar with it means we've been blindsided/hoodwinked and what we thought we were buying turned out to be useless.

The term 'sold a pup' in case you're not familiar with it means we've been blindsided/hoodwinked and what we thought we were buying turned out to be useless.
A figurehead is someone who is in charge by title only, and has no real power. Which is a distinct possibility.

A figurehead is someone who is in charge by title only, and has no real power. Which is a distinct possibility.
I know that, but why would the club buy a figurehead? This is why your original post had me confused.

Well they do make very nice fallguys and scapegoats.
But what you'd be suggesting is the club deliberately hired a patsy and would effectively mean the team was rudderless (which ironically they way they played this year could almost be true). Why would they do that? This is why your 'figurehead' term lost me.

But what you'd be suggesting is the club deliberately hired a patsy and would effectively mean the team was rudderless (which ironically they way they played this year could almost be true). Why would they do that? This is why your 'figurehead' term lost me.
Well not completely powerless. But you know those stories earlier about how he wanted to drop players but was vetoed by the board..... 10 years ago I would have said it was crap. But after what we saw this year.....ya never know.

The tigers used Jason Taylor as a hatchet man. He came in they encouraged him to force out a bunch of established players, most noteworthy being Farah. And then they proceeded to fire Taylor.

Fucking knew this would happen. The club, the coach, a BHQ club 'insider' here are all full of shit and blowing smoke up our arses. Nothing changes, despite the talk, despite the threats. Broncsgoat summed it up perfectly in another thread - wait till the preseason rolls around and it will be all the same propaganda from this preseason (which I fell for stupidly) and empty promises from the usual suspects. Gutless muppet, should have known Seibold is all hot air.

Last edited:
Fucking knew this would happen. The club, the coach, a BHQ club 'insider' here are all full of shit and blowing smoke up our arses. Nothing changes, despite the talk, despite the threats. Broncsgoat summed it up perfectly in another thread - wait till the preseason rolls around and it will be all the same propaganda from this preseason (which I fell for stupidly) and empty promises from the usual suspects. Gutless muppet, should have known Seibold is all hot air.
Look, I for one am looking forward to the turning the corner articles that will be published in the late 2019-early 2020. You need to maintain some optimism FiH, they are going to be crackers.

Someone needs a toke or 50 ......

Certainly going to be an interesting off season, but what these last fews days have proven is just how important this club is to the NRL. Nobody is talking about the finals......its all about the Brisbane Broncos!

The good news is the coach and club now have "free rein."

Which he should have been given to begin with. Fukin amateur hour by the Broncos, 2019.....what a waste.

And we wonder how clubs like Melbourne and Roosters constantly dominate the competition. Guaranteed both Bellamy and Robinson would have removed the dead wood.

In fact maybe that's why Bellamy decided not to come, he was probably told Boyd and Macca were a lock 🤔 or not 😂😂

Haha you get riled up so easily FIH 😁

I for one am relieved. When we limp into 8th place next year the losing margin in week 1 of finals will be less than 58. Gonna be a great year.

Ha ha fucking hell. You are believing Broncsgoat and an article with no quotes in it. You only have yourself to blame.

Last edited:
up until injuries killed us, in 2017 he was arguably the form hooker of the comp...the drop off has been precipitous but no way did anyone associated at the club not feel he was locked in as our No-9 so long as Uncle Wayne was pushing for another title...

I don’t ever remember him being the form hooker of the Comp. But then again I’ve never rated him so I could be a bit biased. Even when Ben Hunt was playing bench hooker, I’d get more positive when he came on.

I don’t ever remember him being the form hooker of the Comp. But then again I’ve never rated him so I could be a bit biased. Even when Ben Hunt was playing bench hooker, I’d get more positive when he came on.
McCullough has been shit for years bar a couple of months in 2015. There were discussions on him six years ago on this forum.

You need to relax a little, and just let things happen.

Active Now

• Bucking Beads
  • Lurker
  • BroncsNBundy
  • RolledOates
  • Cavalo
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.