Qld halves combination if Lockyer out

M

MDBronco

BRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Prince-Thurston combination would seem the most likely.

Thoughts?

With the way that Prince is playing at the moment, it would be very hard to argue against that combination. But if you subscribe to the theory that too many cooks spoil the broth you could always put Inglis there. But personally I think he'd be much more effective in the centres. Don't rule Cronk out either. Who would've thought only four years ago we were forced to play Chris Flannery at 5/8 when Lockyer went down.

Does Wayne Bennett still have some sway at QRL level? If so I wouldn't discount Shane Perry's chances... eusa_think

[icon_lol1.

But agree, even if Locky is "technically" fit, I wouldn't put him in Origin, certainly not Origin 1. His match fitness and form wouldn't be up to it.

If Lockyer is out i'd certainly go with:

6. Thurston
7. Prince

What about the current incumbent test halfback? Cooper Cronk? eusa_think

To be honest I'm not totally impressed with Johnathon Thurston's form/match fitness either. Maybe 6. Prince, 7. Cronk?

very hard decision. i would prefer JT at 5/8 and Prince/Cronk at half.

But i have a feeling they may put Inglis at 5/8.

Would make room for Hunt or Slater at fullback and 1 on the wing.

spoonbled said:
very hard decision. i ould prefer JT at 5/78 and prince/Cronk at half.

But i have a feeling they may put Inglis at 5/8.

Would make room for Hunt or Slater at fullback and 1 on the wing.

I'd agree with that. They'll be looking to get the best 17 players on the paddock so Inglis at 5/8 with Hodges and Falou in the centres wouldn't be a bad move.

As long as Inglis doesn't try too hard with his torpoedo kicks! [icon_lol1.

I think if Prince keeps up his form the No.7 should be his regardless. 5/8 should be between Lockyer and Thurston, pending Lockyers fitness. Cronk is playing well, but I would still choose Scotty Prince over him.

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston/Lockyer
7. Prince

icon_thumbs_u

Perhaps Hunt and Slater to alternate? Slater to fullback in attack, Hunt to fullback in defence? eusa_think Or would that be a bit impractical?

Scotty said:
I think if Prince keeps up his form the No.7 should be his regardless. 5/8 should be between Lockyer and Thurston, pending Lockyers fitness. Cronk is playing well, but I would still choose Scotty Prince over him.

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston/Lockyer
7. Prince

icon_thumbs_u

Perhaps Hunt and Slater to alternate? Slater to fullback in attack, Hunt to fullback in defence? eusa_think Or would that be a bit impractical?

I think alternating slater and hunt is an orsm idea, hunt is better in defence, but slater is about 1 million times more lethal in attack. Omg, we are going to smash the blues, no matter who we have

QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston/Lockyer
7. Prince

icon_thumbs_u

I think alternating slater and hunt is an orsm idea, hunt is better in defence, but slater is about 1 million times more lethal in attack. Omg, we are going to smash the blues, no matter who we have

Our forwards need to be sorted first though. If they dominate with a better pack then our backline won't be effective. And at the moment I can see them having superior forwards to us, particularly with Price unlikely to play game 1 (at least I think it's unlikely).

Scotty said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
Scotty said:

1. Hunt
2. Slater
3. Inglis
4. Hodges
5. Folau
6. Thurston/Lockyer
7. Prince

icon_thumbs_u

Our forwards need to be sorted first though. If they dominate with a better pack then our backline won't be effective. And at the moment I can see them having superior forwards to us, particularly with Price unlikely to play game 1 (at least I think it's unlikely).

Who will these superior forwards be tho? Every year they just pick the same people. Hindmarsh is way past his prime but will still get a run. Ryan is always chosen and never does anything. Not sure if fitzgibbon is playing this year, but if he is, hes also past it. White is soft. Agreed, we dont have the depth, but with Civo, Johnson and Crocker at the very least, we have a good platform.

Frank the Tank said:
chuck Carl Webb in, maybe Shane Tronc, and Nate Myles and Frank thinks QLD will be just fine in the forward pack.

I totally forgot about Kaufusi too. Shillington would also go great in origin i think. And we cant forget parker too

Mason is always a worry for a start, but he is only one player. If they do blood new players (E.g Laffranchi, Farah etc) then thats when it could prove a big task as they will be fresh and have something to prove...and are generally better [icon_lol1.

Frank the Tank said:
chuck Carl Webb in, maybe Shane Tronc, and Nate Myles and Frank thinks QLD will be just fine in the forward pack.

Are you serious? [eusa_eh

Scotty said:
Mason is always a worry for a start, but he is only one player. If they do blood new players (E.g Laffranchi, Farah etc) then thats when it could prove a big task as they will be fresh and have something to prove...and are generally better [icon_lol1.

Yeah im concerned about them blooding new players. Gallen and bird did a pretty good job last year. If they lose some of their old blokes like hindmarsh and ryan and blood players like laffranchi then they may have an advantage.

Active Now

• Maddy
  • winslow_wong
  • Cavalo
  • Morkel
  • TwoLeftFeet
  • Allo
  • pennywisealfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Accept
  • Hurrijo
  • Spoon
  • Porthoz
  • Fitzy
  • Broncorob
  • Sproj
  • kman
  • Wild Horse
  • achievedrap
  • Rookie Alan
  • Bish
... and 13 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.