QLD Origin 1 Side

Gillett and Papa should be starting for mine. You could probably argue Guerra shouldn't even be in first grade atm.

Mehh.....because of the quality of the opposition (or lack thereof), I've got no real worries that we'll smash the grubby blue fucksticks out of the park, no matter who we decide to run out.

Feldt V Gagai.......I think at least with the gay guy, he does offer a slight x factor with the ball in his hand.
suspicious.gif

Gillett V Guerra. Definitely Matty deserves a start over Guerra. He has been awesome this year and is playing big minutes. Again, has the greater ability in attack.

XXXX Queensland Maroons Game I Team:

1. Darius Boyd (Brisbane Broncos)
2. Corey Oates (Brisbane Broncos)
3. Greg Inglis (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
4. Justin O'Neill (North Queensland Cowboys)
5. Dane Gagai (Newcastle Knights)
6. Johnathan Thurston (North Queensland Cowboys)
7. Cooper Cronk (Melbourne Storm)
8. Matthew Scott (North Queensland Cowboys)
9. Cameron Smith (Melbourne Storm)
10. Nate Myles (Manly Sea Eagles)
11. Matthew Gillett (Brisbane Broncos)
12. Sam Thaiday (Brisbane Broncos)
13. Corey Parker (Brisbane Broncos)

14. Michael Morgan (North Queensland Cowboys)
15. Josh McGuire (Brisbane Broncos)
16. Aidan Guerra (Sydney Roosters)
17. Josh Papalii (Canberra Raiders)

Last edited:
Congrats to Corey Oates on his selection. Verrrry well deserved. The kid is a gun

Does anyone though think that Oates though could get exposed. I feel that he has this tendency to come in of his wing and can get exposed from time to time. Last play of the grand final so to speak.

That said good luck to him he deserves his chance.

Does anyone though think that Oates though could get exposed. I feel that he has this tendency to come in of his wing and can get exposed from time to time. Last play of the grand final so to speak.

Fortunately for him, all of the players who could expose him will be playing on his own team.

http://www.qrl.com.au/news/2016/05/24/oates_surprised_by_s.html

XXXX Queensland Maroons debutant Corey Oates spoke to QRL TV's Peter Psaltis during Day 1 of camp and said he wasn't really expecting this moment to happen so soon in his rugby league career.
The boom winger has been in great form for the Brisbane Broncos and was rewarded with selection in the team for Game I.

He wasn't exposed in the Grand Final; he came in to shut the ball down and they got a great offload away. If he stays out Feldt doesn't get the ball but Morgan is one on one which may well have resulted with the same outcome of a try. Oates was right to come in and try and shut it down.

'86, '96 and '06 are the teams that are the focus this camp and series.

The risk this year for me is that just a solid performance won't be good enough. The NSW forward pack are all in pretty decent form. I don't think we can carry so so performances from the likes of Myles, Guerra, etc. We need to lift and be at our best. Other years I felt it was pretty much a gimme as long as we mostly turned up. So I'm a little nervous which also makes it exciting.

The risk this year for me is that just a solid performance won't be good enough. The NSW forward pack are all in pretty decent form. I don't think we can carry so so performances from the likes of Myles, Guerra, etc. We need to lift and be at our best. Other years I felt it was pretty much a gimme as long as we mostly turned up. So I'm a little nervous which also makes it exciting.

Guerra, maybe. But Myles is the Blair of the Qld side - you rarely notice the work he does until it's not there.

Because we don't disregards teams just because they lost.

Such a shame Valentine Holmes and Cameron Munster got banned. They'd look much better on the right handside TBH.

I don't think Munster would have made it. Would have been Gagai and Holmes

Kevie surveyed his senior players, who would you prefer Feldt or Gagai? The players spoke up for Dane.

Make of that what you will.

Active Now

• HarryAllan7
  • Allo
  • Dash
  • phoenix
  • Battler
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Lurker
  • The True King
  • Financeguy
  • Brocko
  • BroncoFan94
  • Bucking Beads
  • GCBRONCO
  • Xzei
  • The Don
  • Fitzy
  • Griffo
  • Foordy
... and 11 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.