NEWS QLD Premier fires a shot across the Broncos' bow

How many people will die or lose their livelihood's from from the inevitable economic fallout we are heading towards? What about the potential mental effects of the fear being drummed into the heads of a whole generation of our youth?
We don't know the answer to that. If such a curve existed we could bisect it with the epidemic curve and formulate a policy. Right now, all we know is doing nothing is a sure way to kill a lot of people, and it's hard to imagine letting this loose in workplaces would be great for productivity either.

What we have been doing up until now is buying time to figure out what it is we're dealing with, and hopefully find treatments, cures and preventative medicines. Australia has done one of the best jobs in the world so far.

Last edited:
This place gets weird sometimes. In the last match thread there was a dude saying we were living through a fake pandemic. It's like I've wandered into an Alan Jones listener's Facebook feed.
you should check out some of the other posts made by him. full nwo shit. and not hulk hogan nwo either.

How many people will die or lose their livelihood's from from the inevitable economic fallout we are heading towards? What about the potential mental effects of the fear being drummed into the heads of a whole generation of our youth?

It is not the responsibility of governments to support their people financially it is in fact the opposite and this method is certainly not sustainable. It is difficult to share a different opinion on this subject because of the verbal tirade of abuse you will cop from the brain washed masses. It is hard for most to see the bigger picture.
The problem is, even letting the virus run its course there will be economic fall out(Hello USA). If every second family loses a loved one suddenly at the same time there will be mental health issues across the board. no Doubt the leadership groups are quantifying all those factors and choosing the path of least damage.

1) Probably not as many as would die from the rona. 2) Sounds like nonsense. Young people are getting fucked by restrictions in a few different ways, but that's some airy fairy shit you're worrying about. I think watching a percentage of their grandparents/parents die or fall seriously ill would be a lot more mentally taxing.

For what it's worth I don't know if the government response is going to prove to be the right one two years or so from now. I'm just willing to go with the subject matter experts for now (which I guess makes me brainwashed?).

I'm all for mental health and I'm not discounting the problem that something like this causes, but seriously, our generation has had to put up with nothing compared to our grandparents for example, who went to war and watched their mates die every day. I'm sure if they had the opportunity, they would've happily swapped the nightmares of war with having to be contained to a house for 6 months. All this period has highlighted is that I don't think young people (i'm only mid 30's so I'm counting myself here) would ever be able to deal with life if another war broke out and had to endure real struggle and sacrifice.

It is not the responsibility of governments to support their people financially it is in fact the opposite and this method is certainly not sustainable. It is difficult to share a different opinion on this subject because of the verbal tirade of abuse you will cop from the brain washed masses. It is hard for most to see the bigger picture.
Yes it is, that's why we have welfare and other social support systems.

There's a corelation between people who don't take Covid seriously and people who believe in New World Order horse shit.

When will the outbreak caused by the actions of these two women start? Should be any minute now.
How little do you understand about the nature of this? Do you understand that:

1. "cases" are not the same as "infections," but are merely a sample taken of people who volunteer to be tested?
2. many dismiss their sore throat as Covid and don't get tested?
3. doing your own risk calculation based on low odds can lead to missing infections?
4. depending on where you are on the curve "cases" might be a tenth of "infections?"
5. 1 case detected could be 10 or more in the wild undetected?
6. infections are not nodes, but can be links in a chain or many chains?
7. one infection that's asymptomatic could be the link in a chain that leads to thousands of deaths later on?
8. that almost all people who get it fail to recognize it while it's highly contagious?
9. that serology studies have shown most who had it didn't know it was covid at the time?

And most of all, do you understand that these women maybe have passed the infection onto someone who has not developed symptoms, who in turn has passed it on to several others?

And that it will take more than a month of zero community transmission to start thinking about eradication?

This is not as basic as seeing the daily numbers and confusing them with a watertight testing of the entire population.

And it's also not just about old people dying. 55% of survivors have lingering brain damage:

Last edited:
I'd increase the base fine by $10k every time there's a breach. So if you're the 10th person to do it, sucks to be you - pay $100k - maybe you should've learnt when the first COVIDiots breached.
I suspect you'll find that would be unconstitutional.

I suspect you'll find that would be unconstitutional.
I'd increase the base fine by $10k every time there's a breach. So if you're the 10th person to do it, sucks to be you - pay $100k - maybe you should've learnt when the first COVIDiots breached.
The clubs have to abide by the Apollo protocols. I'm yet to see a copy of them, but I'm sure they could increase the penalties ad-hoc.

Exactly. The zombies are swallowing gallons of CoronaVirus Ale - getting drunk on fear and loathing. It started with "flattening the curve" - now its about flattening everything with the iron fist of a corrupt and incompetent government.
What? They just don’t want people to get sick and die in a pandemic.

Now there is something wrong with that...

I dont know lads Sweeden is the only country I know of that has let it run its course and their results are fairly reasonable. Certainly not the best but also not the worst. They are doing better than many countries with heavy restrictions in place. It would have been interesting to see if more countries chose the same path to get a better indication of the best way of dealing with the virus.

There are many different strains of the virus so a vaccine is going to be incredibly difficult to produce and likely not very effective. Probably years away.

Personally I tend to think we should have isolated those who are most vulnerable and let those are not go about their lives as usual. But clearly I am no expert, just sharing an opinion.

Last edited:
It would be unfair on the police who have to try and calculate the figure after the 3rd fine is issued.

The only way it could be done would be more than one breach per person. Anyone copping a $100k fine for first offence would simply go to court and argue such a penalty is outside of a reasonable range.

However, no reason it couldn’t be ramped up significantly if one person breaches multiple times.

No point debating flat earth with anybody. By starting you have already lost.

The galling point for me is the big FU and middle finger up that TPJ delivered the Broncos.. thank's mate.

Active Now

• Allo
  • ChewThePhatt
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.