QLD Squad 2020

Coates isn't popular on here. If used right I actually think he could be good. His ability in the air in the 20 metres is an ABSOLUTE weapon when used right.
His defence is shocking and he lacks venom sometimes in his runs but these are things that can be changed quickly with motivation, and experienced and vocal players inside of him.

Coates isn't popular on here. If used right I actually think he could be good. His ability in the air in the 20 metres is an ABSOLUTE weapon when used right.
His defence is shocking and he lacks venom sometimes in his runs but these are things that can be changed quickly with motivation, and experienced and vocal players inside of him.
No one actively hates Coates. He seems like he should have a lot of potential based on his physical attributes (though that can occasionally be misleading, like with Isaako). He just doesn't have anything to his game other than those high bombs yet. Everything else is subpar right now.

I still think he will be very good. We need to be patient.

No one actively hates Coates. He seems like he should have a lot of potential based on his physical attributes (though that can occasionally be misleading, like with Isaako). He just doesn't have anything to his game other than those high bombs yet. Everything else is subpar right now.
Dont tell Petey B that... he's likely penning an article about $600k offers for a "literal clone" of GI (even though he's nothing like GI)

Coates is like a lot of players in the Broncos starting side this year, heaps of potential but not ready for first grade week in and week out.

If the Game 1 side is very different to this I'll honestly be very surprised:

1. Brimson
2. Allan
3. Lee
4. Capewell
5. Gagai
6. Munster
7. DCE (C)
8. Papalli
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Kaufusi
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Fotuaika
16. Carrigan
17. Fa'asuamaleaui

Even for Game 2 I'd really only expect Holmes to walk into the side and possibly one of both of Lui or Collins would rotate one of the younger Middle Forwards.

Never heard of any of these players. Might have to go for NSW, because Payne Haas.
Kidding. But not completely.

With Holmes and Allan both suspended for game 1 I'd be going with;

1. Brimson
2. E. Lee/Hunt
3. Gagai
4. B. Lee
5. Sami
6. Munster
7. Cherry-Evans
8. Papalii
9. Grant
10. Welch
11. Kaufusi
12. Su'a
13. Arrow

14. Hunt
15. Carrigan
16. Fotuaika
17. Fa’asuamaleaui

18. Capewell
19. Collins

Friend unlucky but if we're looking towards the future we may as well blood Grant as well.
Part of me is hoping Kaufusi withdraws so we can play Capewell on the edge.

The backline has issues but I had trouble naming a pack because there is a lot of promise there.
Good problem to have as that has typically been the place we are weaker than NSW since Webcke/Price/Civo retired.
Carrigan, Fotuaika and Fa’asuamaleaui thoroughly deserving of debuts, but Collins, Kerr and Capewell are very promising players who wouldn't look out of place.

I think we're down to such bare bones that almost every feasible option has been considered... if they're not in the team there's probably a good reason why. I mean even I, at the very early stages of origin discussion, was thinking why isn't Lowe in contention considering how he played last year? broken neck will prob put you of contention i'd say..

edit: and now I read he's retired from said injuries.

Active Now

• Browny
  • Xzei
  • Bish
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.