-OFFICIAL- QLD Squad 2020

Big Pete

International Captain
Brisbane
If there was a three-time premiership-winning winger out there then by all means but the other option was Edrick Lee. From all reports, the Maroons have been focusing on playing it tough and through the middle which at this stage would suit Friend better.

I also think Grant will get his opportunity later in the series, but I don't think he's the difference between winning and losing.

If there was a three-time premiership-winning winger out there then by all means but the other option was Edrick Lee. From all reports, the Maroons have been focusing on playing it tough and through the middle which at this stage would suit Friend better.

I also think Grant will get his opportunity later in the series, but I don't think he's the difference between winning and losing.
yep this is what i was trying to say just worded better by you

kooly87

NRL Player
This side is classic Wayne Bennett. Left field and not what most people expected and frankly if anyone else was Coaching us I'd be gravely concerned, but nobody does this kind of ambush better than Bennett and whilst I don't have hugely high hopes, I think if anyone can pull this off then surely it is Wayne Bennett.

dazzat99

QCup Player
Will be interesting if Coates will oppose Tupou - two wingers very good in the air.

I rate Sami - good player in attack and defence and it was weird how he was left out of the Titans team later in the year.

The Don

QCup Player
Will be interesting if Coates will oppose Tupou - two wingers very good in the air.

I rate Sami - good player in attack and defence and it was weird how he was left out of the Titans team later in the year.
Was injured. Can't remember exactly what though.

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
Brenko Lee is a worry for me. He is decent in a structured, well disciplined system like the Storms, but he has always been pretty error prone at his other clubs

Wolfie

State of Origin Captain
I don't think NSW are as strong as people think they are. They are very beatable.

We had our chances in both '18 and '19 but we squandered them. If we can fix our decision making in the crucial stages this year, we're in with a good chance.

Totally agree. If we had Cam Smith playing in both of those years you mentioned, we win the series.

Alec

International Rep
NSW is beatable but QLD looks even more beatable. They are really going to have to bring the QLD spirit and play with maximum energy for most of the game to win.

holdzy

State of Origin Rep
Source?

I think that's a marginal improvement to the team, moves Gagai back to his preferred wing and gives us a bit more NRL experience in the centres.

Courier mail. Agreed, Gagai has to be on the wing. Too good there.

Sproj

International Captain
Staff
That certainly strengthens the team for sure. Just need our centres to be competent defenders. There is enough strike in Gagai, Brimson and even Coates to get Qld into the game if their forwards can lay a platform as our spine is still pretty good.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create free account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.