QLD Squad 2020

I forgot Corey Allan had been suspended. Ouch that hurts.

That means Queensland will likely have two new Wingers for Origin 2 with Holmes and Allan both returning.

I'd say Queensland's chances now rest entirely with Bennett and Meninga working some absolute 2001/2006 Queensland magic between them.

Teams have been named

1. Brimson
2. Coates
3. Lee
4. Gagai
5. Sami
6. Munster
7. DCE
8. Welch
9. Friend
10. Papalii
11. Kaufusi
12. Hess
13. Tino

14. Hunt
15. Collins
16. Arrow
17. Su’A

18. Capewell
19. Mo Fo
20. Lui
21. Hymel Hunt

Surely tino and arrow swap? We have one prop on the bench, Hess would be better coming off the bench. Holy **** our outside backs.. we are cooked

Coates... is there no one else? I mean he’s a green as rookie playing for a wooden spoon side.

Last edited:
That's easily the worst 2-4 I've ever seen in Origin.

It's a middle of the road (at the very best) NRL lineup.

Last edited:
Considering the circumstances, I like that team from the Maroons.

I especially like the back three. Brimson is obviously a quality player and arguably should have been picked ahead of Ponga regardless of availability. Sami is somebody who has shown signs of being a quality player but because of the environment or the players around him hasn't been able to find that consistensy in his game. Similarly, Xavier Coates was brought into a squad that was desperate for answers and despite all that still managed to impress. There is some experimentation going on here, but I also think there's a view to 2021-22 and I can see Coates being a mainstay in this team, he does have the ingredients.

Hess is a risk in that backrow, but I like that Bennett has shown some faith in him. Again, I feel he's a player that the system failed moreso than the player themselves and if Queensland are to win the serious it's going to be through players like him playing his best football.

I actually think there's some serious potential for an ambush. It depends on the start, but we've seen this year how quickly teams can build momentum and can virtually win games inside 10 minute periods. It feels far more common this year than in any other season I've seen.

WHERE IS GRANT???
Yeah, I can't believe him (and also Mo) didn't make the side.
I'm not sure what the point of Jake Friend being there now is. Is it like an "I'm sorry, he deserved to play Origin at least once during his career" sort of thing?

Last edited:
**** me, Bennett is living 20 years in the past still.

I hate to sound like NSW fans during our winning streak, but that's a shit team.

Congrats to Coates. I am a bit surprised but it’s a massive achievement for a guy so young. Obviously there are some pretty good judges who rate him highly. Hope he enjoys the experience and comes back to us keen to tear it up.
Bummer about Carrigan but no doubt he’ll get a shot at some time in the series.

Man that's a poo team but I'll back them.

If we can win a game this series, I'll consider that a good result.

Active Now

• matthewransom34@ic
  • Santa
  • Porthoz
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.