QLD Team - Game 3 - Official

Thaiday or Myles need to drop to the bench for impact with Parker starting IMO.

I'm happy with the side as it is.

Parker provides enough spark when he comes on IMO.

Let's hope we play a little bit better than in the first two games.... if we do, we win easily.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 6083760042

QUEENSLAND has left the door ajar for a late call-up of Dave Taylor for next Wednesday's State of Origin decider at Suncorp Stadium if the South Sydney giant is successful with his bid to have a dangerous throw charge downgraded at the NRL judiciary tonight.

Taylor will be free to play for Queensland if his charge is downgraded - which would see him miss one match on Sunday against Cronulla.

Such a prospect has caused outrage in NSW, with officials declaring they will demand an independent assessment of any Maroons player scratched from the side through "injury" to make way for Taylor.

"The bottom line is you want to see the selected players run on the field in Origin, because they are the ones who have busted a butt on the training field," QRL managing director Ross Livermore told The Courier-Mail. "But there are plenty of times when blokes have been ruled out because of training mishaps."

Livermore said coach Mal Meninga was correct in saying yesterday there was no provision for a "TBA" in the naming of the side.

I really hope this happens now! Hahaha. I hope Jacob Lillyman sprains his ankle so Taylor comes into the team. Just to see the look on Geoff Carr's face! [icon_evillaugh

Carr is a ****. QLD do the best for QLD but
Nsw do what is best for the game, what a load of shit.

Bucking Beads said:
Carr is a ****. QLD do the best for QLD but
Nsw do what is best for the game, what a load of shit.

Well it's true. NSW lost the last 5 series to make sure Origin stayed relevant. Afterall, Origin is about QLD. NSW is just the evil bad guy who everyone cheers when they get killed at the end of the movie.

Carr is all about the big issues.

Like preventing Folau from being a waterboy in a developing nations rep. game.

And bullying Canberra into playing their reserves in a competition everybody hates.

And there goes that plan.

Taylor out for 5 weeks.

But but but Thurston got off, all is fair right? :roll:

Again. I just can't help but think how ridiculous it is that Luke O'Donnell was suspended for 2 weeks for this spear tackle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmC2IT4 ... re=related

...and Taylor gets 4 weeks initially, and subsequently 5 weeks after challenging the charge. Taylor's deserved a week or two suspension, sure, but it was an accident with a touch of careless more than anything whereas O'Donnell's was reckless AND intentional.

Yeh, Thurston got off - but that's no evidence to suggest that there isn't something fishy going on at the NRL Judiciary, because fact of the matter is that Thurston should never ever have been charged in the first place. I don't like conspiracy theories but the results over the years speak for themselves. It's just beyond a joke and fucking ridiculous.

Jeba said:
Again. I just can't help but think how ridiculous it is that Luke O'Donnell was suspended for 2 weeks for this spear tackle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmC2IT4 ... re=related

...and Taylor gets 4 weeks initially, and subsequently 5 weeks after challenging the charge. Taylor's deserved a week or two suspension, sure, but it was an accident with a touch of careless more than anything whereas O'Donnell's was reckless AND intentional.

Well said, Jeba. It's farcical.

As you mentioned, O'Donnell's tackle was intentional - that's what really pisses me off. He picked up Boyd and purposely slammed him head first into the ground. It was a dog act. Then he only gets two weeks? Beyond belief.

Taylor accidentally tips a bloke onto his back and somehow manages to get a five week suspension. Honestly don't understand it at all.

The NRL is pathetic. No clue what they are doing. 5 weeks FFs

On the bright side, suck shit souths!

Just need Inglis to suffer a season ending injury in origin 3 (last 5 mins with Qld up by 20) and it's happy days!

I notice Ian Roberts was on the panel. I thought he'd want to see a bloke get off for sure.

Active Now

• Mightybroncs2k17
  • something
  • Bucking Beads
  • Brocko
  • Sproj
  • theshed
  • Fozz
  • Browny
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Bongo
  • Dash
  • Allo
  • Johnny92
  • Waynesaurus
  • Morkel
  • BroncosAlways
  • Fatboy
  • Wolfie
  • ezpz
... and 6 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.