QLD Team - Game 3 - Official

ningnangnong said:
Jeba said:
Again. I just can't help but think how ridiculous it is that Luke O'Donnell was suspended for 2 weeks for this spear tackle - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMmC2IT4 ... re=related

...and Taylor gets 4 weeks initially, and subsequently 5 weeks after challenging the charge. Taylor's deserved a week or two suspension, sure, but it was an accident with a touch of careless more than anything whereas O'Donnell's was reckless AND intentional.

Well said, Jeba. It's farcical.

As you mentioned, O'Donnell's tackle was intentional - that's what really pisses me off. He picked up Boyd and purposely slammed him head first into the ground. It was a dog act. Then he only gets two weeks? Beyond belief.

Taylor accidentally tips a bloke onto his back and somehow manages to get a five week suspension. Honestly don't understand it at all.

I understand it, they're biased. They're anti Queensland. It's not a "conspiracy theory", the media down south started coining that phrase to make us look stupid. They're biased, it's clear as day. They run the show so they give themselves an unfair advantage. It's been obvious for 31 years now and anyone who disagrees is just delusional. I'm not saying Taylor shouldn't have gotten a suspension, but what irks me is how Geoff Carr had a sook about the story suggesting Taylor could still play. The petulant, two faced peice of shit that he is. He mentions what happened with Folau last year and claims we were only thinking about our best interests. Yeah we were, but in reality there wasn't anything wrong with us selecting Folau. Not according to Carr though, but apparently he's fine with them CHANGING THE FUCKING RULES before Haynes hearing for his headbutt.

The evidence is stacked up that it's not just a "conspiracy theory", they sink the boot in every chance they get. Just look at the Thurston incident. Even staunch Blues fans were calling bullshit and he only JUST got off ffs.

OXY-351 said:
I notice Ian Roberts was on the panel. I thought he'd want to see a bloke get off for sure.

[icon_lol1. [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Interesting to note aside from JT who should never have been charged in the first place the only player to get off was Tallis back in 94.

Guess who was defending him?

Carr come on down!

The Rock said:
God you people are stupid. Taylor got FOUR weeks, not FIVE.

He only got 5 weeks because he contested the charge! So if the big fat lazy horse-looking retard just copped it on the chin and got on with it, he would have only got 4 weeks!

To add to that, don't forget that he had loading, so his charge was worse. So the actual incident itself DOES warrant about 2 weeks or so, but because of his loading he got more. Can't see any problem with that at all to be honest.

Conspiracy theory my arse. Queenslanders are just paranoid whingers.

Taking out the insults, I agree with what you're saying, and have been saying it since the incident occurred. It deserved a charge. I can't disagree too much with the grade 2, although in comparison with Uate's, which was grade 1, there is room for debate.

However, unless I misread it, Taylor's defence did centre around that Uate's was as bad or worse than Taylor's and he only got grade 1. The judiciary response was that "yes, we agree, Uate's was too lenient, and the charge Taylor has got is fair, so it stands".

If that's essentially how it is, and that the judiciary doesn't have to uphold the precedent set by the match review committee, then there's a problem. In theory, if Uate had challenged his suspension, the judiciary would've upgraded the charge to grade 2, because the match review committee was wrong (they can't do that is my understanding).

Really, by a player pleading guilty then all subsequent similar incidents should be judged how that was graded, even by the judiciary, even if they disagreed with it.

Am I upset that Taylor got 5 weeks? Not really. Process has been applied as it is meant to work. However, in retrospect, I think the processes need a review.

Taylor had 52 carry over points, plus 2 similar charges in two years.

So he got 50% loading added to each previous charge.

His charge was 325 points.

There are no conspiracy theories & I am the queen of conspiracy theories. [icon_evillaugh

The bias suspicion is more than warranted despite the circus around Thurston, used by the NSW’kers as some sort of “equaliser”, when the score in their favour is obscene.

Having said that, I have no problem with Taylor being charged for that tackle, and tough luck if it rubs him out of Origin.
But I do have an enormous problem with the judiciary consistency. No way does this deserve 5 weeks!

Can anyone explain to me how Luke O'Donnell got 2 weeks (that's TWO weeks) suspension for his pile driver on Boyd last year? I doubt there was a player out there with more loading than him! [icon_shru

It wasn't 5 weeks. It was 3 weeks.

Add the carry over points & his bad judiciary record & it became 5 weeks.

Regarding Luke O'Donnell maybe he didn't have a similar charge & didn't get the 50% loading.

Porthoz said:
The bias suspicion is more than warranted despite the circus around Thurston, used by the NSW’kers as some sort of “equaliser”, when the score in their favour is obscene.

Having said that, I have no problem with Taylor being charged for that tackle, and tough luck if it rubs him out of Origin.
But I do have an enormous problem with the judiciary consistency. No way does this deserve 5 weeks!

Can anyone explain to me how Luke O'Donnell got 2 weeks (that's TWO weeks) suspension for his pile driver on Boyd last year? I doubt there was a player out there with more loading than him! [icon_shru

Firstly, O'Donnell got 3 weeks:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5880898491

He got a Grade 2 dangerous throw, same as Taylor. He only got 3 weeks because he didn't have the loading that Taylor does due to previous incidents.

The consistency question here is based on gradings. That's all it comes down to. However, given Taylor's record, even if he'd got a grade 1 charge he'd still miss Origin (1 week - and no I don't think it'd be right for him to get called into the squad late in the piece).

Coxy said:
Porthoz said:

Firstly, O'Donnell got 3 weeks:
http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport/nrl ... 5880898491

He got a Grade 2 dangerous throw, same as Taylor. He only got 3 weeks because he didn't have the loading that Taylor does due to previous incidents.

The consistency question here is based on gradings. That's all it comes down to. However, given Taylor's record, even if he'd got a grade 1 charge he'd still miss Origin (1 week - and no I don't think it'd be right for him to get called into the squad late in the piece).
I agree Taylor should miss Origin anyway, that's not my point at all.

Consistency at the judiciary and match review commitee is my problem.

I find it very hard to believe that O'Donnell at the time would have less loading that Taylor. [eusa_eh

News on FoxSports is saying that Hodges sat out todays training with a tight hamstring :shock:

When doesn't Hodges have tight hamstrings.

This will be me [icon_ee, if Hodges isn't under a injury cloud for any game.

If he doesn't play.. Fucking retire already, Play out the season if you must but retire.

I don't understand why Hodges doesn't try that strapping that guys like Manu Vatuvei use.

I don't think Beast has had any other hammy issues since he started using that strapping.

Clintos said:
I don't understand why Hodges doesn't try that strapping that guys like Manu Vatuvei use.

I don't think Beast has had any other hammy issues since he started using that strapping.

Maybe it's not suited for his injury.

Not sure if I'm sold on kinesio taping, however most of the benefits have been in pain reduction from chronic injuries. Don't think that would help someone with hammys like uncooked spaghetti.

Lockyer was on The Footy Show tonight and said they were confident Hodges would be right for the decider.

Nashy said:
Clintos said:

Maybe it's not suited for his injury.

Yeah not really sure of the specifics on how they work, but all I know is that Hodges and Vatuvei have always had hamstring issues - and Vatuvei hasn't had any hammy issues since.

Active Now

• BroncosAlways
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • ChewThePhatt
  • BruiserMk1
  • Broncorob
  • Foordy
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.