QLD Team

J

Je$ter

NRL Player
Mar 4, 2008
Nashy said:
I'm sure whatever plans are made, they are Neil Henry's, and not Mal's.

Exactamundo. Neil Henry makes the bullets, Mal fires them.

QUEENSLANDER said:
I dont get this whole thing about Slater needing Hunt to handle the opening exchanges. Hes a fulltime fullback lol, he can handle some big boys running at him ffs.

I remember the year he scored that chip chase try, the very next game he got absolutley smashed by Hindy and Fitzy, and went missing. Start Hunt for 20, then switch him with Slater. Let's face it - you don't lose anything with either of them their.

Awesome team btw, the selectors have got it spot on. Tonga if Hodges is out, and tbh Matt Scott has been playing great footy chewing up lots of metres latley.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
m1c said:
ddd said:
Totally agree with Scotty - I'm not trolling, I want what's best for the team, Slater has to be there at the dying minutes, but Hunt needs to start - that's it Nashy - I won't mention it again

Jesus, if there is a fullback you want in the dying minutes its Hunt.. Slater given pressure and responsibility is a liability.
Yeah that liability that scored the winning try in Game 3 last year, and is chip and chase in 04, terrible.

C

Coxy

International Captain
Mar 4, 2008
And cost Australia the world cup for the first time in nearly 40 years.

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Coxyz said:
ssh, that puts a flaw in my argument.

M

m1c

NRL Player
Mar 16, 2008
Last year he was given some ball playing responsibility... we all saw how that went down.. as soon as he was placed under any sort of pressure i do seem to recall knock ons along with both pushed and indirect passes. He is a fantastic player, if you ask me he is just doesn't have the composure yet to handle any extra responsibility outside of running and tackling. I think this is where Hunt leaves him for dead.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
I think the selectors have done a top job picking the side not that it would have been that hard with the players we have to choose from. Slater is awesome but Hunt needs to start he can handle the tough stuff Slater can't.

B

broncosil

QCup Player
Mar 31, 2008
Pretty much agree with the sentiments above, though Hunt has proven he can play lock (and did so in his younger days, correct me if I am wrong).

Thaiday should be used out wide to provide as much impact as possible. Very happy with the team, a little sad for Kenny, but there may not be room for him. Also who is Matt Scott? Maybe Kenny should be 18th man.

Crocker would be a better pick for origin than Parker, he brings a mongrel to the team which is essential in origin. Parker doesn't really have that 'fire up' mentality.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
mrslong said:
Coxyz said:

Hardly. Yeah he made a mistake, but we went on to lose by plenty. I dont get how anyone can blame slater for the defensive deficincies in the side.

QUEENSLANDER

QUEENSLANDER

NRL Captain
Mar 4, 2008
broncosil said:
Pretty much agree with the sentiments above, though Hunt has proven he can play lock (and did so in my younger days, correct me if I am wrong).

Thaiday should be used out wide to provide as much impact as possible. Very happy with the team, a little sad for Kenny, but there may not be room for him. Also who is Matt Scott? Maybe Kenny should be 18th man.

Crocker would be a better pick for origin than Parker, he brings a mongrel to the team which is essential in origin. Parker doesn't really have that 'fire up' mentality.

Matt Scott has played origin before, hes a good selection for 18th man

mrslong

mrslong

International Rep
Mar 25, 2008
Hodges & Folau mixing it up, I can't wait!!!!

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
Coxyz said:

Hardly. Yeah he made a mistake, but we went on to lose by plenty. I dont get how anyone can blame slater for the defensive deficincies in the side.

Exactly, Lockyer missed an easy one on one tackle on heavyweight Lance Hohiaia (spelling lol) that led to a try but people tend to forget things they don't wish to remember.

Bucking Beads

Bucking Beads

International Captain
Contributor
Mar 5, 2008
The Gymp said:
QUEENSLANDER said:
mrslong said:
Coxyz said:

Exactly, Lockyer missed an easy one on one tackle on heavyweight Lance Hohiaia (spelling lol) that led to a try but people tend to forget things they don't wish to remember.

Still in denial are you??

T

The Brizz

Deactivated
Mar 4, 2008
Not at all, Billy stuffed up horribly and cost his side a try but not that match. There were many mistakes in both attack and defense by Australia that night by plenty of players.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Nashy said:
Because I'm super handy on this electronic computron. (and bored at work)

Here's Nashy's super dooper awesome and also super handy to the power of rad side by side teams for no reason apart from keeping me amused for 5 minutes at work list.

1243382664.jpg

I'm personally thinking the NSW supporters here should just start changing their avatars already.
that is an awesome comparison side by side thing hehe, I like it :)

OXY-351

OXY-351

NRL Player
Oct 1, 2008
NSW really need to hope they have picked a forward pack that can dominate QLD, cause if the QLD get on top, the QLD backline is going to absolutley smash the inexperienced NSW backline.

Good on NSW for finally selecting a team based somewhat on form rather than reputation though. It could go against them this year (which would be bad for them with a record breaking 4th series loss), but at least they are finally looking to the future

Hamm.0

Hamm.0

NRL Captain
Mar 5, 2008
I am unsure, but for some reason the same side as Game 3 08 scares me a little when you consider they are playing fresh blood.

Kimlo

Kimlo

International Captain
Senior Staff
Apr 26, 2008
Hammoz said:
I am unsure, but for some reason the same side as Game 3 08 scares me a little when you consider they are playing fresh blood.
What concerns me is complacency, I have a feeling QLD might come out thinking they have it in the bag and as a resutl get smashed, however, I trust mal!

Active Now

• phoenix
  • FACTHUNT
  • Tim K
  • Bucking Beads
  • ostin86
  • broncsgoat
  • john1420
  • Foordy
  • RolledOates
  • HarryAllan7
  • bazza
  • Bish
  • Swordfish
  • Galah
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.