QLD Team

Scott is becoming one of the best front rowers in the comp IMO.

QLD's biggest ever winning margin is 30 (3 times). Might well break that record I reckon.

The Rock said:
Worst 18th man ever. He's not even in form. Why isn't Teo 18th man? He was 18th man in the first game but not the 2nd? Teo is very versatile too, so if they have an injury in the backs during the week then he can provide cover. I don't understand it much.

Agree with Rock, silly decision. What happens if we lose someone in the warm up.
Sure it's not much chance of happening but what if we lose a prop?

Yeah I was going to ask the question why Teo is not 18th man
I understand they want to get Yow Yeh to experience an origin week, wouldnt be surprised if we win this game and wrap the series up then Yow Yeh will come in for Folau for game 3 in Sydney

yeah tha's a fair point and maybe what happens

therhyno said:
Yeah I was going to ask the question why Teo is not 18th man
I understand they want to get Yow Yeh to experience an origin week, wouldnt be surprised if we win this game and wrap the series up then Yow Yeh will come in for Folau for game 3 in Sydney

If Folau isn't dropped for this match, then he won't get dropped for game 3 either.

There will be another 18th man for Origin 3. QLD's 18th man is only there for an introduction to Origin camp. If a player has an injury concern then there will be a seperate shadow player like Ballin. How often do you lose a player during warm up? It's happened twice so far this year (McPherson and Harrison, I don't count Hindmarsh as he had a preexisting inury) so it's hardly common.

YowYeh is not there as a proper 18th man, he's there with an eye to the future.

^^^Dan Hunt ruptured his achilles and Frank Puletua pulled out in warm up 3-4 weeks ago

That's 4 players out of 90 odd games.

Yes, but Origin is 25 club games, so that's 1 in 4 nearly ;-)

Good point. Last one called up was Stewart a few years ago so we're due.

hmmm.. is the 18th man the only player allowed to be in the warm up with the team??? i thought i saw someone warming up with trent barrett in the 1st state of origin for nsw that wasnt apart of the team

Brett Finch, who was actually the 18th man.

I'm not overly happy with the selection of Hannant but not because I don't rate him, I most certainly do, but because he just has'nt played enough football on his buggered knee. I've watched him as closely as TV and replays allow and he's got no pace or power off his recently injured side. He is still feeling the effects and I'll be surprised if he passes a really searching examination. However if I'm mistaken then these words will mean little. I'm just a bit nervous about him not being quite fit enough.

I would have Scott Logan or Teó instead. The rest of the team looks great and the back-flip from the QRL was welcome. Just goes to show that even fully(over?) matured people are still susceptible to knee-jerk reactionism. The difference is the frequency of those reactions.

Better if a person takes a moment or two before they blurt to the world their current prejudice.

It's LOLZ if you think Yow Yeh is going to actually be the 18th man. He's there for the experience.

I reckon Te'o will be in camp straight after the Broncos game this weekend.

Active Now

• MrTickyMcG
  • sooticus
  • lynx000
  • Fozz
  • Pablo
  • Culhwch
  • Harry Sack
  • Wolfie
  • Jedhead
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.