QLD Team

Congrats to YowYeh on being 18th Man.... like it or not its an awesome chance for the young kid.

Yeah. Awesome chance. But a shit decision none the less.

Do you all seriously think if an injury happens that Yow Yeh will be added to the 17? LOLZ

As I said, he's just there to get some experience with the big boys in camp. I would still expect Te'o to be called up should an injury occur.

Just because he's 18th man doesn't mean he'll definitely be called in if there's an injury. I'm pretty sure we've seen scenarios in the past where a player has been called in from outside the squad when someone's been ruled out.

But yeah, his form has been terrible. Although he was looking better against Manly on the weekend.

The Rock said:
Well that is the dumbest justification for an 18th man I've ever heard. That's fine if they see Yow Yeh as a future QLD rep, but why does Yow Yeh get the chance to experience origin camp with the team? Shouldn't it go to the most deserving player?

Shut up Cockroach...you don't understand team building...you choose a different 17 every game! :P

Hoping for a Barrett-Pearce combo this game...that'll be the 8th consecutive Origin with different halves! :P

Perhaps their line of thinking is that Folau won't be there next year, and Inglis might not either, so it's best to let Yow Yeh get some experience in camp, get to know how it all works, etc.

He might be selected next year.

ningnangnong said:
Perhaps their line of thinking is that Folau won't be there next year, and Inglis might not either, so it's best to let Yow Yeh get some experience in camp, get to know how it all works, etc.

He might be selected next year.

Yeah I've been saying that, but apparently that's stupid thinking.

Coxy said:
Do you all seriously think if an injury happens that Yow Yeh will be added to the 17? LOLZ

As I said, he's just there to get some experience with the big boys in camp. I would still expect Te'o to be called up should an injury occur.

I can't see why the 18th man can't be the genuine back up but still have emerging young QLD players involved in the preparation.. Just a thought. I think Yow Yeh will play Origin soon but really needs to hit his straps IMO.

Bucking Beads said:
I think Yow Yeh will play Origin soon but really needs to hit his straps IMO.

Having a chance to train with the team is only going to be a good thing in this regard. Will definitely give him a mental boost.

The Rock said:
Ok that's fine but answer my question. Or can't you answer it?

Why did they pick Yow Yeh? Shouldn't it go to someone a little more deserving? I bet there's a few Queenslander out there who are in better form and would love to beat the 18th man.

I'm sure they would love to beat Yow Yeh too :P

I'm sure there is a more "in form" player. Te'o for one.

ningnangnong said:
Bucking Beads said:
I think Yow Yeh will play Origin soon but really needs to hit his straps IMO.

Having a chance to train with the team is only going to be a good thing in this regard. Will definitely give him a mental boost.

I agree, Yow Yeh seems to be very much a confidence type player.

Coxy said:
The Rock said:
Ok that's fine but answer my question. Or can't you answer it?

Why did they pick Yow Yeh? Shouldn't it go to someone a little more deserving? I bet there's a few Queenslander out there who are in better form and would love to beat the 18th man.

Te'o was 18th man in game 1 though. I reckon they will pick a different player for each game, for reasons of which you've already outlined.

I'm sure they would love to beat Yow Yeh too :P

I'm sure there is a more "in form" player. Te'o for one.

Isn't the team normally named at 11am?

Yow Yeh saved two tries against Manly on the weekend. Keeping in mind that game was the first time I've seen him play all year without a mile of straping tape on his leg. The games before that he was limping and didnt look like he could move very well at all. By far his best game of the year.

He wouldnt let anybody down if he played origin. I'm thinking that maybe one of the backs has an injury we dont know about. Name me a younger QLD winger who has shown as much talent as Yow Yeh who could play origin ATM!!!

1. Slater
2. Boyd
3. Inglis
4. Tonga
5. Folau
6. Lockyer
7. Thurston
8. Scott
9. Smith
10. Shillington
11. Thaiday
12. Myles
13. Harrison

14. Cronk
15. Hannant
16. Costigan
17. Taylor

source: fox sports news

Donny said:
Yow Yeh saved two tries against Manly on the weekend. Keeping in mind that game was the first time I've seen him play all year without a mile of straping tape on his leg. The games before that he was limping and didnt look like he could move very well at all. By far his best game of the year.

He wouldnt let anybody down if he played origin. I'm thinking that maybe one of the backs has an injury we dont know about. Name me a younger QLD winger who has shown as much talent as Yow Yeh who could play origin ATM!!!

Dane Neilson from Melbourne is a Queenslander

Active Now

• jarro65
  • Fozz
  • Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Johnny92
  • Aldo
  • broncsgoat
  • Strop
  • Scorchie
  • barker
  • Thelmus
  • BroncosAlways
  • Dash
  • bert_lifts
  • Foordy
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Manofoneway
  • Bish
  • NSW stables
... and 9 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.