QLD Team

Dexter said:
Yeah that was shite, IMO he gets picked because he is the best man for the job end of story.

As a paying spectator I pay to see the best available team go around, the league is about supplying a product (yech)
so I want the best product possible if I am going to part with my hard earned.

+1

In my case this is the first time since 2003 I've paid good money to go to Origin and I feel like I'm going to be short changed because the QRL wants to make a stand "on principle".

**** principle. I want to see the best game possible.

Dexter said:
Sorry broncospwn, but you either have a principle on Folau being selected or you don't.

It would be pathetic to trumpet all week about leaving him out then pick him because we're in a spot.
Well while I'm a NRL fan and a Broncos fan I am also a QLD Fan.

I believe he should be left out but not at the cost of putting a rookie and losing the game.

TBH I don't feel too strongly about it, if he's selected I wouldn't be upset but I just think it's the right thing to do, look at the Cmail article yesterday, Folau AFL leaps surges Broncos to victory... LAME.
Can you imagine if Folau scores the winning try, every headline will have the word AFL in it and that is a huge advertisement for a competition because origin is massive and there are 100's of headlines around it.

For the sake of the game he should be left out(and the Broncos, hehe), for the sake of QLD he should be in the team, for sure. It's a matter of what selectors believe is more important.

So f'in what? The media will make of it what they will. They tried to do it yesterday too. Ivan Henjak got a bit shirty with them in the press conference.

We can't be making decisions based on what the media or other people "might" say...who f'in cares?

Coxy said:
So f'in what? The media will make of it what they will. They tried to do it yesterday too. Ivan Henjak got a bit shirty with them in the press conference.

We can't be making decisions based on what the media or other people "might" say...who f'in cares?
I don't but the game should.
IF Folau is selected the QLD team should make it clear from the very start that no one will talk or mention the AFL or respond to any questions about AFL, then I will be ok with it.

Place Folau on a media ban while in QLD camp if he is selected.

Bannermania said:

+1

Why should the game care what people are saying? Frankly I'd be more concerned if fans said they didn't want to go to Origin because the best players weren't considered.

If I thought I could find enough people who cared I'd try and orchestrate a petition to the QRL about it, threatening to tear up my ticket if they didn't consider Folau...but I think I'm the only one that passionate about how bad this decision is so it'd be an empty threat [icon_lol1.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

+1

Why should the game care what people are saying? Frankly I'd be more concerned if fans said they didn't want to go to Origin because the best players weren't considered.

If I thought I could find enough people who cared I'd try and orchestrate a petition to the QRL about it, threatening to tear up my ticket if they didn't consider Folau...but I think I'm the only one that passionate about how bad this decision is so it'd be an empty threat [icon_lol1.

better hurry up then, the selectors are meeting right now to discuss whether Izzy should be picked or not

Des Morris reckons they haven't heard from the QRL and they're happy to consider him.

Although, that was before they all met.

ningnangnong said:
Des Morris reckons they haven't heard from the QRL and they're happy to consider him.

Ross Livermore probably has a totally different opinion and he'll no doubt ring/be involved in the selection meeting.

Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:

Ross Livermore probably has a totally different opinion and he'll no doubt ring/be involved in the selection meeting.

If I was them, I would turn off all mobile phones and disconnect the landline and tell old Rossy that because of global warming there was a big cyclone and all the phone lines + satellites went down, so they thought they were able to select Folau.

I reckon it might just work...

ningnangnong said:
Coxy said:
ningnangnong said:

If I was them, I would turn off all mobile phones and disconnect the landline and tell old Rossy that because of global warming there was a big cyclone and all the phone lines + satellites went down, so they thought they were able to select Folau.

I reckon it might just work...

Until Ross himself has to read the team out.

Fullback: Billy Slater, Melbourne Storm
Wing: Darius Boyd, St George-Illawarra Dragons
Centre: Greg Inglis, Melbourne Storm
Centre: Willie Tonga, North Queensland Cowboys
Wing: Isra....like HELL! What kind of flamin' galahs are you! Stone the flamin' crows! LOTE TUQIRI, Wests Tigers!

The side has to be rubber stamped by the QRL before being read out. The QRL don't have to say anything directly to the selectors, they have made their view clear and if Folau is selected they will simply hand the team back and tell them to reconsider the right wing position.

now that Slater hasn't been charged it does make it easier, in my mind Tuquiri is the simple answer.

Coxy said:
Bannermania said:

+1

I concur that its a rubbish call to not consider him. Yes hes not here next year...but Locky wont likely be playing either next year. Does that mean we drop him? I think not.

GI is probably going to the AFL too, do we drop him? I think not [icon_lol1. [icon_lol1.

Not picking Lote based on him leaving like 6yrs ago is a load of crap. Prime example is Tahu, if that meant anything he wouldnt be there [icon_shru

Wait and see tomorrow I guess eusa_think

So Yow Yeh might be 18 th man, are they serious?? Surely someone else is more deserving than him...

Bucking Beads said:
So Yow Yeh might be 18 th man, are they serious?? Surely someone else is more deserving than him...

Pretty sure "18th man" is just a way to bring a potential future Origin player into the squad to experience camp and stuff and give them a taste. I doubt there's any intention for him to play unless one of the outside backs injure themselves at training.

im hoping Folau is left out, so he can play for the Broncos this week!!!

Coxy said:
Bucking Beads said:

Pretty sure "18th man" is just a way to bring a potential future Origin player into the squad to experience camp and stuff and give them a taste. I doubt there's any intention for him to play unless one of the outside backs injure themselves at training.

It seems stupid I would hate for Yow Yeh to play if someone goes down 20 mins before the game.

Unread

Active Now

• Fozz
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Brett Da Man LeMan
  • Broncosgirl
  • Shane Tronc
  • Mr Fourex
  • broncoscope
  • john1420
  • Strop
  • Harry Sack
  • Foordy
  • Maroon4life
  • lynx000
  • Sproj
  • PETERN
  • Wolfie
  • Skyblues87
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.