QLD- will they do it?

i hate the ticketek website, but this year was the slowest by far, for me anyway. i didnt get my tickets till 9:40 and i was just about to give up when i was offered row 2 on the 50m line!!! Persistence certainly does pay off, considering there were single seats only in pretty much all categories by then.
I'm glad I gave up seats on the 2nd and 3rd levels earlier.

Steve said:
People who miss out should remember there is always a second release of tickets. Purchasers who breach the T&C have them taken away. Usually happens a couple of months after the tickets first go on sale.

How are T&C's breached? eBay???

eBay, purchasing more than the 6 tickets on the same credit card (ie, buy two lots of 6 or something).

Coxy said:
eBay, purchasing more than the 6 tickets on the same credit card (ie, buy two lots of 6 or something).

Pretty sure this is where most of those resold tickets come from. It's surprising how many people fail to read the fine print. Most eBay tickets obscure the ticket number so the authorities can't trace it back.

Steve said:
Coxy said:

Pretty sure this is where most of those resold tickets come from. It's surprising how many people fail to read the fine print. Most eBay tickets obscure the ticket number so the authorities can't trace it back.

What about purchased with the same ticketek logon, even if it's a different card? Or aren't people THAT stupid?

Based on some of the stories floating around recently, I think the biggest question is will they pick Lockyer.

If Lockyer doesn't start performing, I'd have no problems with a Thurston-Prince combo in the halves. Lockyer is a champion, but he just doesn't seem to be up to standard so far this year. If they do pick Lokcyer, I hope it's with Prince as halfback. Prince is in much better form than Thurston, but I suppose Thurston has always performed for QLD, so this should be taken in to consideration (as it probably should for Locker too I suppose)

It would be the biggest call of all time if Lockyer isn't selected... Lockyer has been poor of late but it will only take one pass or kick to reignite him.

JT had a ripper of a game today against the hapless Sharks. Would be very hard to ignore if he ignites the Cowboys to a few more wins before the upcoming test match and origin selections.

I for one wouldnt be leaving Locky out but I guess they have to go with the 'best' team they think can retain the shield and if Locky isnt in that then its tough bickkies. A good thing to come out of his non-selection would be he is available for the Broncos, which can only be a positive!

If there is any player in the competition that you could rely on to get your team out of trouble when under the pump, it's Lockyer. And in any Origin series, that is a very real possibility.

I know we won without him last year but that wasn't because he wasn't there or that Prince-Thurston did a better job than Lockyer-Thurston would've. Plus the Blues were bloody ordinary, 1 try in the last 2 games [icon_lol1.

If the Blues pick the right team this year, they have a chance of pushing Queensland right to the end of the series, and that's when we'd need Lockyer.

So if we keep Lockyer at five-eighth.. surely Prince would be the better option than Thurston at halfback, on current from .

Plus I suppose you could argue that Prince is the incumbent number seven anyway.

I originally thought the same, but then I think Thurston has done enough over the last 3 series to get first crack, and apparently he had a ripper of a game today against the Sharks.

I don't see how it could be anyone that's not Lockyer and Thurston in the halves, regardless of form. They've been there together since 2005, not just for QLD but Australia as well,and they formed an excellent combination, they work better with Smith than Prince does, they are better players and can lift their game higher.

ethos said:
So if we keep Lockyer at five-eighth.. surely Prince would be the better option than Thurston at halfback, on current from .

Plus I suppose you could argue that Prince is the incumbent number seven anyway.

I think Prince would be the best option at halfback.

If Lockyer is not picked he may not go around again at all next year. Not going out on your own terms could destroy a player.

I think Origin will spark Lockyer back into top form.

Active Now

• Broncorob
  • broncos4life
  • davidp
  • Sproj
  • Mick_Hancock
  • ozzball
  • Foordy
  • Manofoneway
  • Culhwch
  • Painin the Haas
  • Harry Sack
  • Bongo
  • lynx000
  • Santa
  • Mustafur
  • Fozz
  • armchair
  • HarryAllan7
  • Griffo
  • Porthoz
... and 24 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.