vs

Kickoff In:

Thursday
Morning
10:00

Team Lists

Status
Not open for further replies.
With our without cozza, I am optimistic of our chances.

I see this playing out similar to our last victory against them. Strong start and keep the pressure on them. I anticipate they'll put up a spirited resistance but leave it too late to catch our early lead.

Parker said last night on Sterlo that if he was a betting man he'd put money on himself playing, and that it was just precautionary, he'll play.

How good did Coreys 'bar' setup look at home ?

I agree, i think he'll play and him finishing training yesterday was just precautionary.

Assuming he has the fitness to play 70-80 minutes, I'd play Blair at lock if Parker is out. You could also shift Oates to lock/ the second row and bring Maranta in.

Assuming he has the fitness to play 70-80 minutes, I'd play Blair at lock if Parker is out. You could also shift Oates to lock/ the second row and bring Maranta in.

Good call. I'd far rather push Blair or Sambo to lock and one of our benchies to starting prop than call up Stagg/Lowrie etc to plug the hole.

Maranta to wing, Oates to bench (to cover shift of Wallace or Joe O).

very near a sell out. ticketek are releasing 'standing room only' tickets at midday. packing them in!

Brisbane back-rower Corey Parker says he won’t consider sitting out Saturday night’s NRL qualifying final with North Queensland despite the Broncos securing a double chance.

Parker, 33, says he is taking every precaution in a bid to overcome a hamstring twinge and prove his fitness for the Suncorp Stadium derby.

Parker said he would know his fate after Friday’s training session.

However, Parker claimed he had never considered resting up his troublesome hamstring for one week and relying on No.2 seed Brisbane’s finals second chance.

If Brisbane win they earn a preliminary final and a week off.

If they lose they next play the winner of this weekend’s Sharks-South Sydney finals clash.

“People say we have got two bites at the cherry, I would prefer just one bite,” Parker told Fox Sports TV.

“I don’t like missing footy at the best of times let alone a home final against the Cowboys.”

In his 15th NRL season, Parker sent a scare through the Broncos camp when he failed to finish training on Wednesday.

Parker confirmed he would return to the training paddock on Friday for a session that would determine whether he played the finals opener.

“We like to train with the intensity we like to play so that will determine whether I will be right to go or not,” he said.

“I am not sure about a race against time but certainly I am taking every precaution to make sure I am right to go on Saturday.

“I don’t like to miss training sessions or games but you look at the bigger picture.

“But I am pretty confident I will be right.”

Brisbane back-rower Alex Glenn has been cleared to play the qualifying final after overcoming a foot strain that forced his early training exit on Tuesday.

North Queensland have a 3-0 finals record against Brisbane.

Parker not considering an NRL rest | Sports News Australia

Good call. I'd far rather push Blair or Sambo to lock and one of our benchies to starting prop than call up Stagg/Lowrie etc to plug the hole.

Maranta to wing, Oates to bench (to cover shift of Wallace or Joe O).

For mine Blair must stay where he is and play the game he has been playing so far. Moving hm is a big mistake and would unsettle our attacking structures. I think the combinations we have built around Blair's game ought to be left alone.

If Parker doesn't play (a huge blow to our chances) I'd like to see Thaiday to lock.

I also don't think Oates should be anywhere but on the wing in the finals. I can't see him being experienced enough in the forwards for finals football unless there is no alternative.

Damn I hope Parker plays but that we don't lose him for the rest of the season. Parker, Blair and Thaiday make and awesome ball playing pack, and around which so much of our successful passing game is structured.

Secure Parking the fucking *****..

Jacking up the price of parking for this game.

Every game this year, I was able to get $12 parking at Little Cribb Street. Now it's 20.

**** it, just used a code to get $20 parking at Roma.. And I don't have to wait in line for fucking ages at Maccas.

Wanted to park at Tank Street, $10. But no one else wanted to park there because it's apparently "too difficult"

Why not just take the number 11 bus from the city?

Secure Parking the fucking *****..

Every game this year, I was able to get $12 parking at Little Cribb Street. Now it's 20.

**** it, just used a code to get $20 parking at Roma.. And I don't have to wait in line for fucking ages at Maccas.

Wanted to park at Tank Street, $10. But no one else wanted to park there because it's apparently "too difficult"
unless you live in fucking whoop whoop I have no idea why people wouldn't take the free pt on offer.

suncorp clears out in like 30mins tops.

345 Aspley Buz right here. At roma street in around 15. Just park in a side street on a direct line and boom!!!

hell yeah i'm on the 345 as well, good old rode/appleby road stop.

though i'll probably head to chermy and have a few drinks and catch a bus from the interchange there.

just FYI the broncos site says he will be at 100%. no concerns at all.

people have jumped all over the initial twitter posts.

i'll trust jarro65 who said he seemed to be running fine well after the initial 'reports' were posted.

Phewwww :pray::laugh:

Secure Parking the ****ing ****s..

**** it, just used a code to get $20 parking at Roma.. And I don't have to wait in line for ****ing ages at Maccas.

Hot tip - get in early and park down the end of Merivale Street at West End (opposite the theatre company on google maps), the little car park might be full as its only got 25 spaces but you should be able to snag one on either side of the street - best thing is its completely free.

Takes about 20 minutes to walk over the bridge and get to the stadium but driving in and out is a breeze, been doing it ever since we decided we'd had enough of being stuck on public transport stopping every few minutes stuck in a can with a bunch of ferals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Ffs...
  • kiwibronco
  • Alec
  • Astro
  • Wolfie
  • ivanhungryjak
  • Mick_Hancock
  • MrTickyMcG
  • Cavalo
  • Sproj
  • Dash
  • Broncosgirl
  • Dony Eliakim
  • bb_gun
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Broncorob
  • Shane Tronc
  • Tmac
  • LittleDavey
  • matthewransom34@ic
... and 19 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.