Queensland AFL State?

Let's look at the TV numbers then, let's be real it's not going to happen.

junior numbers is a pointless metric, soccer wins easily in that and what has that translated to?

Rugby league always has more barriers to entry in the juniors because of the physical nature and the same thing happens in the US with American football compared to Soccer but it is easily the number 1 sport when it comes to TV nothing else comes close.

Let’s see the tv numbers please, from a non-NRL aligned source.

I put up a link in the grand final thread about an NRL-AFL finals viewership numbers article. It debunks this theory badly.

In fact, the Lions v GWS final, two teams in league heartland, had more viewership than the Cowboys final on at the same time.

Overall finals viewership numbers has AFL COMFORTABLY ahead of the NRL.

The reality is, there’s absolutely nothing wrong with a fan like you saying stuff like this, you are not paid to worry about it.

What concerns me is the powers that be don’t take it seriously. Vlandys even saying selling AFL to QLD is like selling meat to vegetarians is just a stupid comment from a corrupt idiot.

While the Broncs bombed out of the season early, the Lions have gone on to win the whole thing. I’d be very worried if I was the NRL.

And yes junior participation matters immensely because this exposure does not pay off over night, it takes a generation to show the impact.

In my opinion, given the respective finals viewership, we are already starting to see the beginnings of this long term work from the AFL come to fruition.

And all this at a time when the rugby league product that is the NRL is at an all time low in terms of quality, there are literally two teams each year now who can win it and usually, it is the Storm, Roosters or Penrith.

Come on man. Comparing the two eventual Grand Finalists with the Cowboys............................ keep it real.

Come on man. Comparing the two eventual Grand Finalists with the Cowboys............................ keep it real.

What? GWS didn't play in the Grand Final. This wasn't even the prelims, it was finals week 2.

And no one knew at the time Brisbane was making the Grand Final, they were coming from 5th, only one other team has won it from the top 4.

What? GWS didn't play in the Grand Final. This wasn't even the prelims, it was finals week 2.

And no one knew at the time Brisbane was making the Grand Final, they were coming from 5th, only one other team has won it from the top 4.

lol yeah I read GWS and my brain said Swans. Carry on, nothing to see here.

Active Now

• Morkel
  • Tmac
  • johnny plath
  • IceWorks
  • Broncosarethebest
  • BruiserMk1
  • bb_gun
  • winslow_wong
  • Big Del
  • Howie
  • Sproj
  • Jason Simmons
  • Aldo
  • RolledOates
  • Redfern_1980
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • ostin86
  • kman
... and 4 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.