Queensland Bulls Discussion - 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t see Burns holding his test spot unfortunately.

Yeah it'll be hard without runs on the board, especially while Pucovski is banging down the door. I don't think Harris really comes into the equation. Even with that score yesterday I think his test record still stands out as being quite poor.

In terms of our test side - Lyon, Burns and Head - have all been disappointing in what little shield cricket we've seen so far. Head has a great start today so let see if he converts it as SA desperately need him to stand up.

My hope is that Swepson can continue to take wickets consistently and start putting some pressure on Lyon.

Edit: Forgot to mention it but Henry Hunt from SA is looking quite a solid opener and puts value on his wicket despite scoring quite slowly. Interested to see if he can keep this form up as he looks an ok prospect.

Last edited:
If only the selectors and “experts” would appreciate a slow scoring opener

Yeah it'll be hard without runs on the board, especially while Pucovski is banging down the door. I don't think Harris really comes into the equation. Even with that score yesterday I think his test record still stands out as being quite poor.

In terms of our test side - Lyon, Burns and Head - have all been disappointing in what little shield cricket we've seen so far. Head has a great start today so let see if he converts it as SA desperately need him to stand up.

My hope is that Swepson can continue to take wickets consistently and start putting some pressure on Lyon.

Edit: Forgot to mention it but Henry Hunt from SA is looking quite a solid opener and puts value on his wicket despite scoring quite slowly. Interested to see if he can keep this form up as he looks an ok prospect.

Is Pucovski really banging down the door? We've played this song for five years and then he walks away and doesn't want to play. Completely valid reasons and he's got to do what's best for him but I would have grave fears about lunch day two of a Test him not wanting to play anymore.

He's never even got through a SS season. 17 games since 16/17 with the most ever completed seven. His battle isn't runs it's proving he can and wants to play.

Hunt had that massive stand with Wealtherald last year and then has done nothing since,

Last edited:
Is Pucovski really banging down the door? We've played this song for five years and then he walks away and doesn't want to play. Completely valid reasons and he's got to do what's best for him but I would have grave fears about lunch day two of a Test him not wanting to play anymore.

He's never even got through a SS season. 17 games since 16/17 with the most ever completed seven. His battle isn't runs it's proving he can and wants to play.

Hunt had that massive stand with Wealtherald last year and then has done nothing since,

He wouldn't be in years gone by. Unfortunately nowadays most of the selections are played out in the media and fuelled by muppets like Chappell who anoint every young talent as "the next Ponting".

I'd like to see at least a handful more shield games before Pucovski is considered again but we both know the media storm will start brewing if the incumbent (Burns) isn't scoring runs.

Copeland outstanding bowling- Bulls had no clue against him.

Blues need 200

0/6

I actually disagree about Head, he has a pretty good start to the season, looks on his way to his second century. I think he's spot is safe, it should be with his performances in a disgraceful side so far. I think Burns and Wade are the ones under pressure. Lyon is third player picked after Smith and Labooboo.

I love Burns, but he is a middle order batsman. Needs to come to terms with it and bat 4/5 for QLD and try to nail down the 5 for Aus.

102 to win.

Need some wickets right now, they're just not bowling with enough penetration. Copeland kept pressure on yesterday but Bulls aren't doing it today.

102 to win.

Need some wickets right now, they're just not bowling with enough penetration. Copeland kept pressure on yesterday but Bulls aren't doing it today.

This bowling has been absolute rubbish so far.

69 to win. Bulls are done here.

SA next, last chance to get some runs.

Need some Sweppo god-mode if we’re gonna get close.

Hopefully the lunch break works in our favour

Need some Sweppo god-mode if we’re gonna get close.

Hopefully the lunch break works in our favour
Sweppo has been bowling well.

We've got life here, 2 quick wickets fall.

Another one down. Sweps is sweeping through them.

Eight down- I may have given up here too early. How are NSW throwing this away.

19 runs left.

Eight down- I may have given up here too early. How are NSW throwing this away.

19 runs left.
They arent. Qld bowling well. Its been close all game.

Nine to go. Looks lost again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Active Now

• Jedhead
  • Wolfie
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Mick_Hancock
  • Emanon
  • winslow_wong
  • ezpz
  • Dash
  • Stix
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • Johnny92
  • barker
  • thenry
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.