CRICKET Queensland Bulls Discussion - 2021/2022

Hit on the back leg in front of middle on the bent leg knee roll - not out.

Thoughts on khwajas glove incident yesterday? Should have he walked?

He has gotten better and better over the last two+ seasons though, I imagine his average in this time would be comfortably better.

402 runs at 44 was his best by a long way- 8 games. Then followed it up with two 100's first two games this year. But his two this season and one last season are his only 100's in 42 games for Qld.

2015/2016- 1 game 64 runs
2016/207- 4 games 209 runs
2017/2018- 11 games 386 runs
2018/2019- 10 games 433 runs
2019/2020- 9 games 357 runs
2020/2021- 8 games 402 runs
2021/2022 2 games 238 runs

He's certainly turned into a 350 runs-450 runs keeper but I don't think it would be enough to get a Test spot. Maybe I am jaded but I am doubtful.

402 runs at 44 was his best by a long way- 8 games. Then followed it up with two 100's first two games this year. But his two this season and one last season are his only 100's in 42 games for Qld.

2015/2016- 1 game 64 runs
2016/207- 4 games 209 runs
2017/2018- 11 games 386 runs
2018/2019- 10 games 433 runs
2019/2020- 9 games 357 runs
2020/2021- 8 games 402 runs
2021/2022 2 games 238 runs

He's certainly turned into a 350 runs-450 runs keeper but I don't think it would be enough to get a Test spot. Maybe I am jaded but I am doubtful.

Stats don’t matter

he won’t get picked because of the colour of his cap

Steketee is bowling grenades, has he levelled up this year? He's always been decent but right now, he almost unplayable.
When he first started playing for heat he was shithouse 🤣

When he first started playing for heat he was shithouse 🤣

Different format, he's always been decent in FC but right now, he is swinging it, cutting it and staying on a handkerchief on a line and length.

Queensland's problem right now though is that when Wildermuth and Steketee go off, Bazley, Edwards and Kuhnemann are pretty much rubbish, they certainly aren't Neser and Swepson.

Thoughts on khwajas glove incident yesterday? Should have he walked?

I have always been a fan of walking but understand most players do not do it. It was pretty blatantly obvious, not really his fault the umpire is blind I suppose.

I have always been a fan of walking but understand most players do not do it. It was pretty blatantly obvious, not really his fault the umpire is blind I suppose.
Not to mention he got medical attention after the days play🤣 for his hand

Milenko has now taken 20 wickets for the season at an average of 17.55. 13 last two games.

What a ball by Wildermuth, that was totally unplayable, goodness me.

Also, Jhye Richardson has gone down with back spasms, no luck that poor guy.

They will never pick a keeper that averages just above 30 for his state. Jimmy's captaincy and keeping won't overcome that hurdle.
Yeah but that average is his earlier years you get his average off the last few years and you’d be compelled to almost pick him… In my opinion he is better than Tim and I think Alex carey is the most inconsistent and overrated player in Australia so I think he should be next cab off the rank to be honest.

Jimmy Pierson averaged 44.54 in the past 2 seasons plus the beginning of this season. Since last season that average would have been in the high 60’s.

best keeper-batsman in the country at the moment if you ask me.

Jimmy Pierson averaged 44.54 in the past 2 seasons plus the beginning of this season. Since last season that average would have been in the high 60’s.

best keeper-batsman in the country at the moment if you ask me.

I'm guessing who becomes the next keeper will be a very real question after the Ashes, I suspect Paine will retire.

Active Now

• Harry Sack
  • Lurker
  • Old Mate
  • LittleDavey
  • Broncosarethebest
  • Bongo
  • Fitzy
  • Johnny92
  • Bucking Beads
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Emanon
  • Allo
  • I bleed Maroon
  • Organix
  • NSW stables
  • Midean
  • bb_gun
  • Big Del
  • Xzei
... and 14 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.