Queensland Cricket 2019/2020

Well that was close but they got there.

8 balls to go!

Put your hand on your heart and sing
It means everything
From the sunshine state where we play as mates.

Marsh One Day Cup
Queensland v Tasmania
Blundstone Arena
Monday (9am start Qld time)
Live on Fox Cricket and Kayo

Usman Khawaja (c)
Xavier Bartlett
Max Bryant
Cameron Gannon
Charlie Hemphrey
Matthew Kuhnemann
Nathan McSweeney
James Peirson
Matthew Renshaw
Billy Stanlake
Mark Steketee
Bryce Street
Jack Wildermuth

Toyota 2nd XI
SA v QAS, Mon - Thurs, Karen Rolton Oval

Mitchell Swepson
James Bazley
Jack Clayton
Leigh Drennan
Benji Floros
Andrew Gode
Corey Hunter
Aryan Jain
Ash Renouf
Nick Stevens
Harry Wood
Jack Wood

At least with Khawaja not making the Test squad he can help us win the Marsh & Shield comps, hopefully he finds some form for us..

1. Bryant
2. Street
3. Khawaja (c)
4. Renshaw
5. Hemphrey
6. Wildermuth
7. Peirson
8. Gannon
9. Steketee
10. Kuhnemann
11. Stanlake

Sound about right? @1910

Any clue when Heazlett is due back?

At least with Khawaja not making the Test squad he can help us win the Marsh & Shield comps, hopefully he finds some form for us..

1. Bryant
2. Street
3. Khawaja (c)
4. Renshaw
5. Hemphrey
6. Wildermuth
7. Peirson
8. Gannon
9. Steketee
10. Kuhnemann
11. Stanlake

Sound about right? @1910

Any clue when Heazlett is due back?

Probably close, don’t have too much room to move with selections. Must win to host final.

Heazlett might play next SS.

Another good win for the Bulls today, Khawaja still in decent form in the shorter form of the game.

Hosting the final next Tuesday against WA, hopefully Heazlett is back for that one.

Unfortunately, WA is the strongest side in the comp by far, and they're not affected by the Test side. They'll probably even get Bancroft back if he's not selected for the Gabba test, this is potentially what they can field for the final -

1. Josh Phillipe
2. D'Arcy Short
3. Shaun Marsh
4. Cameron Bancroft
5. Ashton Turner (c)
6. Marcus Stoinis
7. Cameron Green
8. Ashton Agar
9. Nathan Coulter-Nile
10. Jhye Richardson
11. Matthew Kelly

Not even including: Mitch Marsh, Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Hilton Cartwright & Joel Paris.

I reckon Qld should go:

1. Bryant
2. Heazlett
3. Khawaja
4. Street
5. Wildermuth
6. Pierson
7. Cutting
8. Neser
9. Steketee
10. Kuhnemann
11. Stanlake

Last edited:
Unfortunately, WA is the strongest side in the comp by far, and they're not affected by the Test side. They'll probably even get Bancroft back if he's not selected for the Gabba test, this is potentially what they can field for the final -

1. Josh Phillipe
2. D'Arcy Short
3. Shaun Marsh
4. Cameron Bancroft
5. Ashton Turner (c)
6. Marcus Stoinis
7. Cameron Green
8. Ashton Agar
9. Nathan Coulter-Nile
10. Jhye Richardson
11. Matthew Kelly

Not even including: Mitch Marsh, Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, Hilton Cartwright & Joel Paris.

By Far? They finished second to the Bulls and lost two weeks ago to the Bulls. Queensland had them 8/53 with that exact line up.
[automerge]1574110690[/automerge]
Things to like against the Tigers, I thought the Bulls started well, they bowled smart with the seam up and let Tasmania just have a nibble when they wanted to.

Tasmania were a very dumb team. Their running between the wickets was terrible. Bulls must have had about 10 run out chances.

Wildermuth continues to be the best all rounder in the country and he was great yesterday, opened the bowling and then just steadied nicely at the end with the bat.

Peirson had a poor day, can't remember the last time he dropped a catch and the run out was poor.

Last edited:
I reckon Qld should go:

1. Bryant
2. Heazlett
3. Khawaja
4. Street
5. Wildermuth
6. Pierson
7. Cutting
8. Neser
9. Steketee
10. Kuhnemann
11. Stanlake

Why no Bartlett? Too expensive? I'd almost have him over Stanlake, I think Stanlake has been poor this summer.

By Far? They finished second to the Bulls and lost two weeks ago to the Bulls. Queensland had them 8/53 with that exact line up.

Doesn't mean much, they're still the strongest side by far on paper. Some of their stars are out of form (Stoinis), but they're still essentially an Australia / Australia A ODI side across the park.

Why no Bartlett? Too expensive? I'd almost have him over Stanlake, I think Stanlake has been poor this summer.

I wouldn’t be against that. I guess I’d include Stankake for his point of difference in extra speed and bounce and he has a bit more big game experience at this point in time.

That 17 year old for Vic with the hyphenated last name is freaky.

That 17 year old for Vic with the hyphenated last name is freaky.

Oh he sure is, he's going to be something special that kid. I mean, he already has a LOT of Smith about him.

Active Now

• ChewThePhatt
  • lynx000
  • Redux
  • winslow_wong
  • Brocko
  • ivanhungryjak
  • BroncosAlways
  • KateBroncos1812
  • Harry Sack
  • Lazza
  • Battler
  • Allo
  • LGH
  • Financeguy
  • Sproj
  • Mr Fourex
  • theshed
  • GCBRONCO
  • Big Del
  • Wolfie
... and 10 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.