Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Badel reporting that there is a stoush brewing between the ISC clubs and the QRL because the clubs aren't allowed to stream Milford's ISC debut on their websites. which means the that it won't be broadcast anywhere.

an unnamed club official says:

“It’s a joke,” said one club official.

“Clubs are only trying to promote games to grassroots fans.

“Anthony Milford will play for Souths Logan this week yet fans cannot watch him on TV across the entire state.

“It makes no sense for the QRL to ban streaming of games that only promotes their competition.”

QRL chief operating officer Rohan Sawyer says

“We don’t mean to be Bad Cop, but under the initial broadcasting framework, clubs weren’t legally allowed to be streaming games,” he said.

“When Channel 9 withdrew its support this year, the QRL made the decision to self-fund and pick up the rights.

“I understand the feelings of the clubs but there is a broadcast framework in place and as the holder of the framework, we can’t allow the clubs to just stream games outside of that framework.

“We have a right to protect the value of our broadcast because in 2023, if a network bids for the rights, they could right argue why should they bid for it when clubs stream it for free on their Facebook every week?

“It would be great to see Anthony Milford on a live stream. Equally, fans are more than welcome to go to Davies Park this Sunday to watch Milford, pay $10 for entry, get a few XXXX Golds, and support their local club through the gate.”

I can see both sides of the argument to be honest, fair enough points.

Mystery. Why he was let go- Was great for Queensland U18 in 2019. Try and 41 tackles with zero misses. Great for Wynnum in MM.

It’s not even like Tigers threw much at him, he’s been a development player for 2020.

Nice kid, smart hooker. Works hard.
The Broncos recruiters doing Broncos recruiter things lol.

It's a tough one to cop but the QRL are right here, they need to protect that asset.

The QRL are honestly way ahead of their time in choosing to self broadcast. If other governing bodies wake up to the unbelievable potential that exists in doing this on a larger and more professional scale it could change the way sport is funded in Australia.

so can I ... although in this case i see no reason why an exemption couldn't be made (especially if ISC clubs want to pay for it themselves). the other thing from my POV is that should a new TV rights deal come in from 2023, there is no reason a rule preventing the live streaming of matches on clubs websites couldn't be implemented from that season, it shouldn't affect their negotiations

Badel reporting that there is a stoush brewing between the ISC clubs and the QRL because the clubs aren't allowed to stream Milford's ISC debut on their websites. which means the that it won't be broadcast anywhere.

an unnamed club official says:

“It’s a joke,” said one club official.

“Clubs are only trying to promote games to grassroots fans.

“Anthony Milford will play for Souths Logan this week yet fans cannot watch him on TV across the entire state.

“It makes no sense for the QRL to ban streaming of games that only promotes their competition.”

QRL chief operating officer Rohan Sawyer says

“We don’t mean to be Bad Cop, but under the initial broadcasting framework, clubs weren’t legally allowed to be streaming games,” he said.

“When Channel 9 withdrew its support this year, the QRL made the decision to self-fund and pick up the rights.

“I understand the feelings of the clubs but there is a broadcast framework in place and as the holder of the framework, we can’t allow the clubs to just stream games outside of that framework.

“We have a right to protect the value of our broadcast because in 2023, if a network bids for the rights, they could right argue why should they bid for it when clubs stream it for free on their Facebook every week?

“It would be great to see Anthony Milford on a live stream. Equally, fans are more than welcome to go to Davies Park this Sunday to watch Milford, pay $10 for entry, get a few XXXX Golds, and support their local club through the gate.”

Souths don’t stream their games anyway. So ban or not you weren’t seeing the game tomorrow.

I'm confused, don't Wynnum always stream their games? Are they doing so illegally?

It's a tough one to cop but the QRL are right here, they need to protect that asset.

The QRL are honestly way ahead of their time in choosing to self broadcast. If other governing bodies wake up to the unbelievable potential that exists in doing this on a larger and more professional scale it could change the way sport is funded in Australia.

Cricket Australia do it for the Shield; they sort of inspired QRL.

Cricket Australia do it for the Shield; they sort of inspired QRL.
The NRL should be doing it in the long run. Cut Fox and Nine out of the picture and be in total control of things themselves.

The NRL should be doing it in the long run. Cut Fox and Nine out of the picture and be in total control of things themselves.

Where do you make your money from if you do that?

It's all the Seagulls in the clash against the Dolphins.

Cobbo just scored a nice try down the right hand touchline, great offload from Broncos contracted Robati to put Hoeter into space. Hoeter then summed up the situation to put Cobbo away.

Reece Walsh is playing 6 for the Dolphins.

Walsh gets the Dolphins on the scoreboard. Walsh puts in an early grubber which Burns is unable to grab and from the ensuing play-the-ball catches the Seagulls short from dummy half.

Walsh gets the Dolphins on the scoreboard. Walsh puts in an early grubber which Burns is unable to grab and from the ensuing play-the-ball catches the Seagulls short from dummy half.

Certainly looked a pretty clear knock on the very play before though.

Cobbo fails to take a cross-field kick on the Dolphins try line and off a restart set the Dolphins score. Former Broncos U/20s squad member Trai Fuller breaks the tackles of Scarlett and Hoeter before linking up on the inside for Katoa to score.

Redcliffe go very close to scoring on four consecutive plays but Cobbo is able to get bat down an attempted pass from Hawkins to Kosi to stop the try.

Walsh is looking very likely for the Dolphins. He's unlucky not to have a try assist and he threw a great pass in the lead up to that near try to Kosi.

Robati is on report for a late hit on Cameron Cullen that had a hint of a shoulder charge.

Cobbo juggles but somehow miraculously ends up re-gathering a pass on his try line and streaks away. Reece Walsh comes from the other side of the field to just bring him down 10m short of the Dolphins line. On the next play the Seagulls spin it wide to Pauga and he easily runs around the Dolphins defence to score.

22-12 Seagulls early in the second half.

4-0 to Norths in the game against the Magpies. Piakura just scored his first QCup try.

Beehag takes an intercept from Issac Luke and he does well to beat three cover defenders to score.

Apparently Reece Walsh is very sick in backplay.

Active Now

• Foordy
  • Midean
  • The Don
  • GCBRONCO
  • I bleed Maroon
  • broncoscope
  • Xzei
  • broncs30
  • ChewThePhatt
  • Broncosgirl
  • bazza
  • Santa
  • Broncorob
  • peter09
  • Allo
  • LittleDavey
  • Jazza
  • ezpz
  • Broncosarethebest
  • KateBroncos1812
... and 21 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.