Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Ethan Bullemor with an important try to put the Devils in front 24-22 against a quality Blackhawks side.

Less than 10 remaining.

Ethan Bullemor with an important try to put the Devils in front 24-22 against a quality Blackhawks side.

Less than 10 remaining.
Good to see that Bull gets a game despite being the 18th man on Thursday night... could’ve been a worrying issue for us with this new reactive pointless rule

Norths wrap it up with a try to captain Jack Ahearn, 30-22.

Gamble, Kennedy, Bullemor & Piakura on show for the Broncos.

Train and trial player Brendan Frei with another double.

The Devils maintain their unbeaten start alongside the Gulls who beat the Pride 36-6.

Arthars and Palasia on show for the Gulls. Train and trial players Cobbo, Robati and Luke also on show.

Heaps of broncos players on this week

Piakura taking sometime to get ISC. Lot of missed tackles against Townsville. Bullemor was sensational- great try that reminded me of his long range efforts from 2019- only played 46 minutes in two stints but no missed tackles- 22 made, a try, and 163m.

Piakura needs to read Ahearn better and stay near him.

Piakura taking sometime to get ISC. Lot of missed tackles against Townsville. Bullemor was sensational- great try that reminded me of his long range efforts from 2019- only played 46 minutes in two stints but no missed tackles- 22 made, a try, and 163m.

Piakura needs to read Ahearn better and stay near him.
What’s Bullemor got to do to get a longer first grade gig.

What’s Bullemor got to do to get a longer first grade gig.

I would still have him off the bench in NRL, that's his strength but he has to take it from ISC to NRL. He's been excellent for Norths off the bench- he started three games in 2019 and was minimal impact. I love him coming off the bench, speed, footwork and quick thinking. He gets a lot of intercepts and I think that says he up around the ball and enthusiastic.

I would still have him off the bench in NRL, that's his strength but he has to take it from ISC to NRL. He's been excellent for Norths off the bench- he started three games in 2019 and was minimal impact. I love him coming off the bench, speed, footwork and quick thinking. He gets a lot of intercepts and I think that says he up around the ball and enthusiastic.
Must be his time at centre growing up, I still can’t get over how fast he is for his size, Ridiculous.

Te'o injured he surely comes in now.
I think he comes onto the bench for Teo's spot but I dont think he can perform his role just yet.

Teo is typically the first sub off the bench and comes on to play that mobile prop/lock... and last week he subbed on for Riki who was having a nightmare defensively.

Bull already plays both those roles, but he probably doesn't have the experience to be catapulted to that sort of responsibility as first change off the bench.

I hope it's Carrigan that takes Teo's "role" by being the first or second change off the bench along with Asiata's role of 1st/2nd sub. Start with Haas, Lodge and TPJ.

Bull can come on after half time to cause havoc around the middle.

The second prop off the bench then becomes Kennedy or Flegler and I'm probably leaning towards Kennedy at this stage... assumes Carrigan 1st prop, Asiata lock/utility, Bull utility middle/2nd rower.... This is where I think Teo will be missed

Preferably I'd want Flegler back in ISC, but I'm not convinced that Kevvie trusts Kennedy enough to get through 40 mins of work, which would make that two coaches that arent ready to trust him just yet.

Although we do have big minute props in Haas, Lodge and Carrigan, so the minutes for a second prop may be limited.

Also I think we got Haas' minutes just about right last week. Apparently he played 65mins and I think he came off at 35min mark and then came back on at the 50min mark, which gives him a spell just before halftime, the halftime break and then 10mins into the 2nd half. I think it would be nice if we can get him off at the 30min mark instead and have him averaging 55-60 mins per game

Hetherington sensational for Souths. Tough runs, runs around the ball, his try was just good hard running. He's proving with consistent football in one position you can improve and show skills.

51 minutes without a break too so plenty of work- He'd be my Bronco of the round.

Hetherington sensational for Souths. Tough runs, runs around the ball, his try was just good hard running. He's proving with consistent football in one position you can improve and show skills.

51 minutes without a break too so plenty of work- He'd be my Bronco of the round.
So from hooker to hard tackling 13? Transition going well then.

Yeah I saw it was something like 175 metres

Did you watch cause Tass’s stats looked quite good

Active Now

• Sproj
  • I bleed Maroon
  • BroncosAlways
  • Locky field goal
  • Manofoneway
  • Wolfie
  • broncos4life
  • heartly87
  • ChewThePhatt
  • winslow_wong
  • Thelmus
  • Griffo
  • Big Del
  • TonyTheJugoslav
  • Culhwch
  • BroncoFan94
  • Johnny92
  • achievedrap
  • Broncos Maestro
  • Tmac
... and 41 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.