Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Did you watch cause Tass’s stats looked quite good

Misleading- He missed vital tackles as Tweed came back and his try was just at the end off a flick pass running back inside.

Sexton continues to impress me, Titans have a good half there. Seems natural and just football smart. Doesn't miss tackles and is starting to set them up- he was pivotal to Tweed coming back

Again I understand we’ve been burnt by getting young guys in the team too early but Simpkin does sound really promising, 6 try’s in 5 games. Yes it’s not the nrl but why did we lose this kid again?

Again I understand we’ve been burnt by getting young guys in the team too early but Simpkin does sound really promising, 6 try’s in 5 games. Yes it’s not the nrl but why did we lose this kid again?

Mystery. Why he was let go- Was great for Queensland U18 in 2019. Try and 41 tackles with zero misses. Great for Wynnum in MM.

It’s not even like Tigers threw much at him, he’s been a development player for 2020.

Nice kid, smart hooker. Works hard.

Mystery. Why he was let go- Was great for Queensland U18 in 2019. Try and 41 tackles with zero misses. Great for Wynnum in MM.

It’s not even like Tigers threw much at him, he’s been a development player for 2020.

Nice kid, smart hooker. Works hard.
The hits just keep coming, he’d been in the development squad for ages yes? How do they keep missing what’s under their noses? I’m over it.

i think @peter09 spoke about simpkin a year or two ago, first time i'd heard of him when he mentioned it.

The hits just keep coming, he’d been in the development squad for ages yes? How do they keep missing what’s under their noses? I’m over it.

Yeah he’s from Toowoomba came and played for Wynnum after Mustangs.

You could work with the current recruitment and retention team you know. Simply ask them out of two players, which one would they choose. Then make sure you sign the opposite one.

Funny thing is Simpkin moved up to Colts he was doing so well at Meninga. Wynnum made the Grand Final. Simpkin v Smoothy- both now hookers at other NRL clubs.

Funny thing is Simpkin moved up to Colts he was doing so well at Meninga. Wynnum made the Grand Final. Simpkin v Smoothy- both now hookers at other NRL clubs.

Why is it our development team seem to miss what it seems anyone else in the know can see when it comes to kids in key spine positions? Is it because it isn't usually the fastest/biggest kids in these spots that are really good? Is our development team also just really stupid in that they can't look past size and speed?

Why is it our development team seem to miss what it seems anyone else in the know can see when it comes to kids in key spine positions? Is it because it isn't usually the fastest/biggest kids in these spots that are really good? Is our development team also just really stupid in that they can't look past size and speed?

It's easy in isolation to sit and watch a MM game and he say I like him- but the person doing that doesn't have to weigh up the cap and moving players and a coach that wants certain things.

That is where the Storm, Raiders and Roosters have an advantage because their coaching team is so stable. Bunn knows what Bellamy wants and the type of player he wants so he can go out with certainty and track and watch them- the worst thing for recruitment is coaching change. When you change coaches you change ideas you change methods and you change what you're looking for and your cap gets all bent out of shape with change.

I have said before I think the Broncos coaching is falling down in general not spotting the talented kids. I think they're bringing through plenty of young players to the point of starting ISC but after that something is going wrong particularly in the spine.

Willison 188m for Norths Colts in a losing side with 43% of the ball he still made important ground and the Blackhawks were very good- He's a monster.

Willison 188m for Norths Colts in a losing side with 43% of the ball he still made important ground and the Blackhawks were very good- He's a monster.

Who is he signed with?

Badel reporting that there is a stoush brewing between the ISC clubs and the QRL because the clubs aren't allowed to stream Milford's ISC debut on their websites. which means the that it won't be broadcast anywhere.

an unnamed club official says:

“It’s a joke,” said one club official.

“Clubs are only trying to promote games to grassroots fans.

“Anthony Milford will play for Souths Logan this week yet fans cannot watch him on TV across the entire state.

“It makes no sense for the QRL to ban streaming of games that only promotes their competition.”

QRL chief operating officer Rohan Sawyer says

“We don’t mean to be Bad Cop, but under the initial broadcasting framework, clubs weren’t legally allowed to be streaming games,” he said.

“When Channel 9 withdrew its support this year, the QRL made the decision to self-fund and pick up the rights.

“I understand the feelings of the clubs but there is a broadcast framework in place and as the holder of the framework, we can’t allow the clubs to just stream games outside of that framework.

“We have a right to protect the value of our broadcast because in 2023, if a network bids for the rights, they could right argue why should they bid for it when clubs stream it for free on their Facebook every week?

“It would be great to see Anthony Milford on a live stream. Equally, fans are more than welcome to go to Davies Park this Sunday to watch Milford, pay $10 for entry, get a few XXXX Golds, and support their local club through the gate.”

Active Now

• Santa
  • Thelmus
  • Fitzy
  • Wild Horse
  • Tmac
  • Nerd
  • Battler
  • Manofoneway
  • Dash
  • lynx000
  • Ejbroncos
  • Behold
  • Sproj
  • Allo
  • Yem
  • thenry
  • Maroon4life
  • Aldo
  • FACTHUNT
  • ChewThePhatt
... and 50 more.
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.