Q-CUP Queensland Cup 2021

Did anyone see gambles chase on Clifford.

Queensland Cup Team of the Week Round 5

1. Jayden Campbell (Tweed Heads Seagulls) - 80
2. Isaiah Tass (Souths Logan Magpies) - 82
3. Jokadi Bire (PNG Hunters) - 62
4. Richard Pandia (Ipswich Jets) - 58
5. Greg Marzhew (Burleigh Bears) - 57
6. Anthony Milford (Souths Logan Magpies) - 96
7. Albert Kelly (Souths Logan Magpies) - 90
8. John Asiata (Souths Logan Magpies) - 74
9. Tyson Smoothy (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 56
10. Aaron Pene (Easts Tigers) - 69
11. Beau Fermor (Burleigh Bears) - 93
12. Kobe Hetherington (Souths Logan Magpies) - 83
13. Petero Nakubuwai (Norths Devils) - 75

14. Nixon Putt (Central Capras) - 74 (Backrow)
15. Josh Stuckey (Northern Pride) - 68 (Backrow)
16. Matthew Milson (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 66 (Fullback)
17. Patrice Siolo (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 64 (Prop)

Dean Ieremia (Easts Tigers - Wing) also scored 57 and Jayden Berrell (Wynnum Manly Seagulls - Hooker) also scored 56.

NSWRL Team of the Week Round 7
1. Zac Cini (Western Suburbs Magpies) - 67
2. Kiah Cooper (Western Suburbs Magpies) - 74
3. Max Feagai (St George Illawarra Dragons) - 72
4. Nene MacDonald (Newtown Jets) - 70
5. Christian Tuipolotu (Blacktown Workers) - 58
6. Jordan Rankin (Parramatta Eels) - 52
7. Josh Ralph (North Sydney Bears) - 89
8. Thomas Mikaele (Western Suburbs Magpies) - 78
9. Jacob Liddle (Western Suburbs Magpies) - 84
10. Matt Croker (Newcastle Knights) - 58
11. Tom Freebairn (Western Suburbs Magpies) - 75
12. J'maine Hopgood (Penrith Panthers) - 74
13. Keegan Hipgrave (Parramatta Eels) - 74

14. Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels) - 74 (Backrow)
15. Jackson Ford (St George Illawarra Dragons) - 74 (Backrow)
16. Bronson Garlick (Newtown Jets) - 70 (Backrow)
17. Luke Metcalf (Newtown Jets) - 60 (Fullback)

Queensland Cup Team of the Week Round 5

1. Jayden Campbell (Tweed Heads Seagulls) - 80
2. Isaiah Tass (Souths Logan Magpies) - 82
3. Jokadi Bire (PNG Hunters) - 62
4. Richard Pandia (Ipswich Jets) - 58
5. Greg Marzhew (Burleigh Bears) - 57
6. Anthony Milford (Souths Logan Magpies) - 96
7. Albert Kelly (Souths Logan Magpies) - 90
8. John Asiata (Souths Logan Magpies) - 74
9. Tyson Smoothy (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 56
10. Aaron Pene (Easts Tigers) - 69
11. Beau Fermor (Burleigh Bears) - 93
12. Kobe Hetherington (Souths Logan Magpies) - 83
13. Petero Nakubuwai (Norths Devils) - 75

14. Nixon Putt (Central Capras) - 74 (Backrow)
15. Josh Stuckey (Northern Pride) - 68 (Backrow)
16. Matthew Milson (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 66 (Fullback)
17. Patrice Siolo (Sunshine Coast Falcons) - 64 (Prop)

Dean Ieremia (Easts Tigers - Wing) also scored 57 and Jayden Berrell (Wynnum Manly Seagulls - Hooker) also scored 56.

good to see quite a few Broncos make that team

I watched through the Mal Meninga semi between Wynnum and Tweed Heads which the Tweed won comfortably 40-18. I thought Broncos contracted centre Deine Mariner was the man of the match, scoring a hat-trick and was really elusive on that right edge. His foot-work constantly put him into space and he was good in attacking zones and working it out of trouble.

Blake Mozer who came on as a relief dummy half was really promising as well. I think he's only 16-17 but he was in the thick of it as soon as he came on and had some great touches. He's currently with the Broncos and is tipped as the best dummy half coming through the grades.

The only other Broncos contracted player I'm aware of is prop forward Jotham Russell. He has a real presence on the field and carries the ball really strongly. He didn't have a stand-out performance but he looks like a prospect.

One player who I haven't seen receive any rep honours but stood out to me was Ryan Jackson for Wynnum. I thought he ran with a lot of purpose and really challenged the Tweed defence through the middle. A lot of Wynnum's good work came off the back of his carries and I thought he outplayed both Russell and Radel who have bigger raps. I'd like to see him in an NRL system if he isn't already in one.

I watched through the Mal Meninga semi between Wynnum and Tweed Heads which the Tweed won comfortably 40-18. I thought Broncos contracted centre Deine Mariner was the man of the match, scoring a hat-trick and was really elusive on that right edge. His foot-work constantly put him into space and he was good in attacking zones and working it out of trouble.

Blake Mozer who came on as a relief dummy half was really promising as well. I think he's only 16-17 but he was in the thick of it as soon as he came on and had some great touches. He's currently with the Broncos and is tipped as the best dummy half coming through the grades.

The only other Broncos contracted player I'm aware of is prop forward Jotham Russell. He has a real presence on the field and carries the ball really strongly. He didn't have a stand-out performance but he looks like a prospect.

One player who I haven't seen receive any rep honours but stood out to me was Ryan Jackson for Wynnum. I thought he ran with a lot of purpose and really challenged the Tweed defence through the middle. A lot of Wynnum's good work came off the back of his carries and I thought he outplayed both Russell and Radel who have bigger raps. I'd like to see him in an NRL system if he isn't already in one.
Nice, how old is mariner?

Nice, how old is mariner?
I believe he's 17 going on 18. He had a slow start to the season but he's scored 5 tries in his past 2 games. I thought of all the players on the field, he looked like the one who wouldn't look out of place in QCup. He'll find it tough because the Tweed backline is fairly strong but I would not be shocked at all to see him nab a couple of games during the back-end of the season.

Badel
Work From Home Reaction GIF

Wow Jordan Rankin huh? Still remember his debut, everyone thought he was going to be something.

Deine Mariner played Alf Cup last year for PBC. Another Bronco Somerville did his ACL and Mariner came in.

Tweed to dominate again on Saturday. Weaver MOTM.

Deine Mariner played Alf Cup last year for PBC. Another Bronco Somerville did his ACL and Mariner came in.

Tweed to dominate again on Saturday. Weaver MOTM.
I was surprised with Weaver's performance. Not that he was poor and he did set up a great try in the second half but Wilson was the focal point of the Tweeds' attack and was constantly at the Seagulls.

Of course the one highlight of Mozer is him spilling the ball supporting Mariner.

It may seem like they captured every play but he came up with a few runs where he'd beat his opposite and get a good quick play the ball for the next play.

and right on cue, there is an article in the CM talking up Deine Mariner

Unread

Active Now

• levikaden
  • Fozz
  • broncsgoat
  • Xzei
  • Broncosgirl
  • Mister Wright
  • Fitzy
  • Old Mate
  AdBlock Message
Please consider adding BHQ to your Adblock Whitelist. We do our best to make sure it doesn't affect your experience on the website, and the funds help us pay server and software costs.